Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DJExile posted:

CAG over DLS in 5

Hey, you reminded me I can implement the gimmick I was going to last year!

Western Conference
YYC over DFW in 5
I'm sure Calgary has its nice parts when it's not -100. I've been to Dallas and it's definitely A City.

Calgary's a buzzsaw, but not on the level of Colorado. Please pick up your participation trophy on the left, Stars.

DEN bounces BNA in 4
I've been told there are parts of Denver that smell like a skunk. Wonder why. Meanwhile, what the gently caress is there to do in Nashville that doesn't involve a) Country music and b) bachelorette parties? Seriously, I don't get the hype.

Matt Duchene falls to his former team, which is a buzzsaw and Nashville is not. I was hoping the Preds would draw Calgary so we'd get two teams beating the poo poo out of each other in the style of OL' TIME HOCKEY! Please hang your comically bad celebratory banner in the dumpster where you belong, Preds.

YEG over LAX in 6
See my previous commentary about Calgary for my take on Edmonton. I was once in San Diego and wanted to go up to LA to explore for the day; the girl at the front desk said it was a bad idea.

Oilers will win this but Oilers gonna Oil at least twice.

MSP over STL in 6
I didn't realize the Mall of America was a couple light rail stops from the airport. St. Louis has a big, bendy building.

I'll get to watch Game 1 of this series on a real life airplane! As long as Delta's satellite TV channels are all working. Minny's going to Kaprizov and goon their way past the Blues.

Bestern Conference
FLL over DCA in 6
I took a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale once. It was a place. You know one thing I've noticed about Washington, DC? loving everybody runs there. Earbuds, headbands, and jogging gear.

The biggest X factor for me is :cop:. Is he 2019 :cop: or 2014, 2017, 2018, almost 2019 until that big save on Kucherov, 2020 Bubble, and 2021 :cop:? (Do you see where I'm going with this, Sergei? There IS a trend here and, whether you liked it or not, John Tortorella's criticism was valid. :shrug:)

TPA over YYZ in 6
I went to a Bolts game once and had dinner beforehand at a restaurant which looked directly into the lower cabins on a cruise ship. I'd like to go back to Tronnah for the HHOF.

This is going to be fun and have its fair share of snarl. :unsmigghh:

LGA over PIT in 5
I've been to NYC once. I don't get the hype. Pittsburgh is a city Artemi Panarin described as "dirty by ecology". The classic battle between New Yorkers and Yinzers.

"I'll never count Pittsburgh out of anything until they're safely on the bad end of a handshake line." MoneyPuck has PIT with a 65.1% chance to advance. This sucker could either be Rags in 5 or Pens in 7. Do the New York Rangers take command of this series? Does Igor drag them kicking and screaming into the next round in true Hank style? Or does Pittsburgh expose them for being "three star forwards, a star defenseman, and a bunch of pluggers"? No matter what happens, this series will also have its fair share of snarl (:unsmigghh:) and I hope a meteor is involved.

RDU over BOS in 7
Raleigh is A City. Durham is A City. Boston is A Bigger City and is cool in the Summer.

Canes are scary, Boston is one of those teams you can't sleep on.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Powershift posted:

I'll do the red Xs again but if you can include in your posts formatting In the same order like my prediction here it would be helpful. And add a goals scored in the first round for 5 points a hail mary prediction worth 25 points for cup winning team in X games.

As requested:
Avalanche in 4
Wild in 6
Flames in 5
Oilers in 6

Panthers in 6
Lightning in 6
Rangers in 5
Hurricanes in 7

Goals scored: 258
Cup Final: Avalanche in 6

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Man, I knew the playoffs were coming, but the appearance of The Red X Spreadsheet really cements it.

It's like when they start saying The Cup Is In The Building and I'm imagining Powershift handling this with white gloves.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

Today's red is #da291c, Quebec Nordiques red, just because.

Getting big X-ey in here.

Still X-less:

deoju
FunOne
Mind_Taker

24 games in, we are at 149 goals scored. There fewest possible games remaining is 15, the highest number of possible games remaining is 32.

All hail Powershift, for they hath delivered upon me my first Red X(es) of the season.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Avalanche in 5
Flames in 6
Lightning in 6
Hurricanes in 6
PIM: 270 540

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 17, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tampa in 6.
Colorado in 5.
Total saves: 840

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Holy poo poo, look at A 5 year old go!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

MoneyPuck gives the Oilers better odds to upset the Avs than the Rags to beat the Bolts:

https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Holy hell, I'm second.

We saw Tampa get off a sluggish start coming off their sweep of Fancy Cats and that'll bite the Avs. If that's the case, Avs would have to take four of five from the Bolts and that ain't happenin'.

Tampa looked like world-beaters once they shook off the rust last round and, terrifyingly, they have an even higher gear they'll shift into when Point gets back.

Lightning in 7, 42 goals. Creepy Rory Hossas his way to a Cup. Except he already won a Cup 15 years ago in the first SCF I watched as a fan.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 13, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I feel like this needs to be updated each game as our very own equivalent of the yodeling guy game from The Price is Right. It will be a good companion to the Red X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

For the last time this postseason, Gimme Dat Red X.