Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

kimbo305 posted:

Are both SARMs? Or something else?

BPC157 is a sarm, GW1516 is more like a combination of EPO and a selective fat burner. There is something else (another peptide) you can mix 1516 with that I can't remember offhand that makes it more effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

one of Poland's best fighters ever doesn't seem to know how to block or avoid the slowest uppercut in the universe

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Feel free to skip this if you don't care about Australian MMA, but just got home from Eternal 66 in Perth, and feeling gutted. EMMA Lightweight Champ Jack Becker broke his leg on a checked kick maybe 20 seconds into the main event.

I've been following his career since I saw him fight in front of 75 people max in a lovely football clubhouse a decade ago and he was real polite when his dad introduced him to us, and this is the first time i've been able to watch him fight live since 2015. Now he's main eventing in his home town in front of a couple of thousand people, and he has this freak accident. Plus his dad was in the audience when it happened, our dads work together and that's how we got into the local fight scene to begin with. Not gonna post a pic but if you're curious #Eternal66 on twitter will get you there.

loving sucks

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

Feel free to skip this if you don't care about Australian MMA, but just got home from Eternal 66 in Perth, and feeling gutted. EMMA Lightweight Champ Jack Becker broke his leg on a checked kick maybe 20 seconds into the main event.

I've been following his career since I saw him fight in front of 75 people max in a lovely football clubhouse a decade ago and he was real polite when his dad introduced him to us, and this is the first time i've been able to watch him fight live since 2015. Now he's main eventing in his home town in front of a couple of thousand people, and he has this freak accident. Plus his dad was in the audience when it happened, our dads work together and that's how we got into the local fight scene to begin with. Not gonna post a pic but if you're curious #Eternal66 on twitter will get you there.

loving sucks

Boy, that was an unpleasant search and I deeply question why I read that and decided it was a thing I should go see. gently caress you, MMA.

Sorry for your local boy, that's almost comical in how compoundingly The Worst it is. Ugh.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

SG Bamboo posted:

loving sucks

I also won't post the pic but Becker has said on Instagram that it was an early stoppage

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hollandia posted:

I also won't post the pic but Becker has said on Instagram that it was an early stoppage

I saw that, good to see he's in relatively good spirits after his foot turned completely the wrong way. Went in for surgery yesterday morning, although haven't heard details yet

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So Fuji TV apparently got into a big snit with the promoters of Tenshin/Takeru, the Fuji TV broadcast has fallen through and it sounds like a bunch of people are suddenly real worried about money:

https://twitter.com/fujitv_THEMATCH/status/1531474344139886592

if takeru/tenshin gets cancelled two weeks before it happens i'm wholly becoming The Joker and gassing every combat sports thread

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if it isn't hosed up beyond all belief it isn't kickboxing.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The promoters in question were part of the old PRIDE crew, including head honcho Nobuyuki Sakakibara.

He was embroiled in an extortion scandal just recently, which revealed ties to organized crime.

I guess PRIDE never dies, huh.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Sakakibara did in fact hold a press conference this morning implying the (clearly, obviously false and slanderous) reporting about his yakuza ties is partially responsible for this but it's mostly fights over broadcast fees.

The presser in short:
  • Currently no TV broadcast for the match, just the PPV, although they're still trying to find a partner/convince Fuji TV to put them back on the air
  • A bunch of sponsors signed up specifically because of the TV broadcast, so not getting one would be pretty bad in ways that are not specifically elucidated on
  • They never had a written deal with Fuji TV in the first place so it's not like there's a breach of contract to sue over
  • He's also expecting this to impact and possibly kill Rizin's TV broadcasting deal
So basically, a huge chunk of the money this was supposed to be bringing in is suddenly in jeopardy as a bunch of sponsors might pull out, the potential viewing audience has shrunk exponentially, and Rizin may not be on TV anymore.

Tenshin/Takeru may still happen, but it might happen in front of a few ten-thousands of people, bankrupt DSE (or Dream Factory Worldwide or whatever Sakakibara's calling himself now) and kill TV broadcasting for the organization keeping mainstream JMMA alive.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

also hey, let's check in on the internet's favorite brazilian nick diaz
https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1531681945045827587

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Of all the people to be afraid of needles you wouldn't think it would be that guy

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
> A bunch of sponsors signed up specifically because of the TV broadcast
japanese_mma.txt

> They never had a written deal with Fuji TV in the first place
japanese_mma.txt

> He's also expecting this to impact and possibly kill Rizin's TV broadcasting deal
japanese_mma.txt pride_never_die.txt

for the newer posters, PPV doesn't seem to have the same viability in Japan as it does for the UFC in the US. There's just a longstanding convention that premier MMA events get on TV, which has really only happened in the last 5? years in the US. And who knows what the TV/PPV revenue split is for the UFC.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 31, 2022

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So the UFC has a guy making his debut this weekend, the 25-7 Askar "No Mercy" Mozharov, who's been a Russia/Ukraine regional standby for the last decade or so, and it turns out on closer examination he's been padding his record a bit and the verifiable record is more like 21-11
https://twitter.com/Steven_Kelliher/status/1531729729354706944
and it now appears that some of those wins may be, uh, questionable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqR2LlZaCik&t=176s

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CarlCX posted:

So the UFC has a guy making his debut this weekend, the 25-7 Askar "No Mercy" Mozharov, who's been a Russia/Ukraine regional standby for the last decade or so, and it turns out on closer examination he's been padding his record a bit and the verifiable record is more like 21-11
https://twitter.com/Steven_Kelliher/status/1531729729354706944

:yum: this kind of shenanigan always leads to good entertainment

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

Should be more MMA bouts in public parks imo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

"bum fights" are banned, thankfully

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

"bum fights" are banned, thankfully

Cody McKenzie slinks sadly away

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CommonShore posted:

:yum: this kind of shenanigan always leads to good entertainment

https://twitter.com/bridgeliver/status/1531759280323366912?t=fN2Z3q5MJNHquj3mWK7RDw&s=19

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009

CarlCX posted:

also hey, let's check in on the internet's favorite brazilian nick diaz
https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1531681945045827587

https://twitter.com/BorrachinhaMMA/status/1531664271259717633

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
He's not lying since he's never been busted. Ignore the IV bag violation; that was obviously solely from his doctor, who got pushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Farewell to May, which was, in all fairness and objectivity, a crap-rear end month. Let's try again with June.