Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

And we've got the Part 2 unit details! No sense in mincing words, let's just get to it!

Crow posted:

Trait 1 - No-attribute attack damage +50%/damage cap +10000; when attacking bosses with Loss debuff, no-attribute attack damage +50%/damage cap +15000 more.
Trait 2 - Boost STR/DEF based on number of other living allies (max +25%). When unit is incapacitated, living allies recover medium HP

Skill 1 - Medium-area combo attack.
Skill 2 - Mid-range, medium-area combo attack around target. (damage cap +3000)
Skill 3 - Long-range wide-area attack around target. (damage cap +5000)
Ult/Special - Powerful combo attack to one enemy. (finishing attack damage cap +60000)

New Skills (i.e. stuff we've never gotten before):
Treacherous Intent - Give one enemy Treacherous Intent debuff that cuts STR/DEF/INT/MND 10% (once per wave.) If enemy with this debuff enters Break, change it to Loss debuff and boost debuff's effect to -25%
It'll Be A Massacre! - Physical attack damage +30%/damage cap +3000 to enemies with Treacherous Intent debuff
Feel The Rush - Unit's STR/SCT recovery speed +20%. While unit is alive, other allies' STR/SCT recovery speed -5%.
It's Game Over - When physically attacking, criticals don't occur, but damage +40%/damage cap +5000.
No Time For Mercy - HP recovery from active skills -50%, no-attribute damage cap +3000.

Other Skills of Note in Grid:
Blood Force - Regular attacks have a 10% chance to absorb 20% of damage as HP
Destroyer - +75% Break Damage
Weapon Break - Skills have a 1.5% chance to grant a -20% Phys Damage for 40s debuff.
HP Up Max/Attack Up Max/Fighting Spirit 4/Resolve Up 4/Fury 2/Patience 2/Auto Brave/Auto Protect/Pose of Glory/Ale of Glory/Sword High Boost/Machine Mega Boost/No Attribute Attack Raise 1 +3/Giant Killing 2/Piercing/Skill Charge 2/Indomitable Spirit

Crow's gonna be real loving weird and my personal take is that if you got Shift Rimuru from the Slime collab then you can probably safely ignore Crow unless you want him bc you like his character. He can't crit so Proud Force is out, which is why he has Blood Force; if you're a longer-time player and have the SR Ark from the Mana collab that teaches Moon Saber it may be worth teaching to him so you can ensure he can heal himself up if needed. Definitely going to need to wait on the theorycrafters to get their hands on him before we can really speak to how good or bad he'll end up being.

As for Violet...

Violet posted:

Trait 1 - Light damage +30%/damage cap +9000, chance to nullify physical damage taken. When attacking bosses with Loss debuff, Light attack damage +50%/damage cap +20000 more.
Trait 2 - When physically attacked by a boss, chance to activate a powerful Counter. When magically attacked by a boss, chance to activate Counter. Counter damage +150%. During Counter, physical damage taken -50%. When Counter activates, chance of extra attack.

Skill 1 - Medium-area Light combo attack.
Skill 2 - Mid-range, wide-area Light combo attack around target.
Skill 3 - Long-range, wide-area Light combo attack around target.
Ult/Special - Powerful Light combo attack to one enemy (finishing attack damage cap +60000)

Treacherous Intent - Give one enemy Treacherous Intent debuff that cuts STR/DEF/INT/MND 10% (once per wave.) If enemy with this debuff enters Break, change it to Loss debuff and boost debuff's effect to -25%
Dazzle Us - During 30+ hit physical attacks to non-boss enemies with Treacherous Intent debuff, change the debuff to a Loss debuff. Damage to enemies with Loss debuff +50%.
Bless Amp - Light attack damage +30%. Light damage cap +5000.
A Perfect Ten - Counter damage +50%. During Counter, enemy defense -25% and deal damage.
Our Grand Finale - When using a skill, chance to nullify physical attack damage taken.
Heal Counter - When Counter activates, slightly restore HP.
Counter Boost 2 - Counter damage +35%, Counter damage cap +2000.
Counter Boost 3 - Counter damage +50%, Counter damage cap +3000.

Iron Wall Counter - When Countering, -20% Damage Recieved.
Counter Charge - When Countering, 1SCT to all Skills
Counter Boost - 35% Counter Damage
Fighting Spirit 5/Arcane Up 4/Resolve Up 4/Crit Up 3/Counter/Auto Brave/Auto Haste/Auto Protect/Sword Mega Boost/Machine High Boost/Light High Drive/Light Mega Drive/Light Attack Raise 2/Decoy/Allure/Thaum Ring +

:stonk:

Holy poo poo we got an actual 'cares about Counter' unit in the actual gacha. It took them 3 years but we finally got one!! And.... no loving clue how good she's gonna be!!! She's either gonna be the best unit in the whole collab or kind of middle of the road like Mikasa from AOT ended up being. Either way, she's gonna be incredibly fun, and is probably who I'm gonna be aiming for just to have her. (Though man, they gave her Counter Charge, the one thing I've been wanting to use since I pulled the Female Titan Ark, cmon Aidis :argh:)

As for the LR Ark coming with the second banner:

Well, this Ark's definitely better than the previous LR, that's for sure! If you weren't playing during the Dr. Stone collabs (and therefore don't have either the Ark or a unit with Glass Record) you'll want this for Keen Eye, which is...functionally the exact same spell. (Have to see what the SC is and if the heal is the same potency). Glass Record is a pretty strong spell since you can use it to functionally SCT battery if you don't have access to Honey Elixir/WAP (or need more sustained healing instead of one big burst of healing or a regen), and, well, you can always slap it on one of your non HE/WAP units for consistency :v: The other skills are fine, though no-att raise 2 will be great to have access to. The passive is surprisingly good, though not necessarily busted (definitely incredible value though, just a really good all-rounder), and the AER is pretty solid, though unexciting- I think the AER from the first one is better.

Pt 2 definitely has a lot of really cool stuff and I do think it's the better banner since we got Joker or Morgana for free so less chance of dupes, but honestly even though nothing in this collab stands out as busted it's been really consistently good in a way I think all collabs should be- fun units, weird mechanics/unique design space, some neat skills that are strong but not 'you must have this or you will lose out' level of power. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Violet looks sweet. No idea if she'll actually work, but that is a LOT of counter damage up and counter effects.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Yeah, she looks like fun. Definitely hope I'll luck into her, and there's a high chance I'll go fishing for her after a bad day at work or something.

Would really like to get my hands on that Keen Eye spell while I'm at it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah I think I might be pulling solely for Keen Eye. Though I would absolutely love to pull the units too!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Well, I got all the collab units and arks without breaking the bank and I'm still having fun playing the game after a couple of weeks, so I'm going to apply to the Guild now. In-game name is Zurai001.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

So, I finally got around to collecting the fairies. Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be, once I got a handle on what to do. Took me a few hours of listening to podcasts and doing some other work while I kept one eye on my team and looked for glowy orbs in the battle background. I collected all but the last, and then actually advanced the story a decent amount. That was a pretty good time, these cutscenes are a lot of fun and it is always delicious seeing my power creep in action.

And yet... I don't see the ghost ship yet. That's where the last fairy is. After some research, apparently it is a special location on the world map that can only be clicked on in the first 10 minutes of each real world hour. Absolutely glorious, I am legit delighting in the PS1 JRPG jank energy.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I feel like Aidis keeps messing up their events; a few days ago there was a Rainbow Ability Gate that you could allegedly clear over and over again for the crystal rewards, today there's a Rainbow Ability Gate that just seems to contain every single rotating event stage. They're all unbeaten for me too, so I guess I'm getting some free crystals out of the deal. :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Yeah this is an impressive bug, I'm envious of people who have it working bc it means you're gonna be able to level up/build the new persona units even faster :v:

This kind of thing doesn't happen much and I can't imagine they're gonna roll it back since it doesn't really give you any kind of real advantage besides... materials and EXP....but hey

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Finally finished the first story arc, and it was a pretty good time all in all. Very much enjoyed the presentation of the classic JRPG showdown with god. And hey, arc 2 is starting off fun too.

I haven't gotten a name for this new world map yet, but it certainly does seem cloudy, eh?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm enjoying the beginning of arc 2 so far. I guess very minor spoilers for the beginning of arc 2, but it's nice that Kyle, who has now killed God, canonically just shows up to this new place and wrecks poo poo instead of some of these randos just somehow being incredibly super strong.

The actual difficulty curve seems pretty steep, though. While my gear's not great, i've still been largely lolstomping over the story mode with my h. roland and alice and shida, but then I reached a duo boss that took like 6 tries and narrowly customizing my team just for them.

I decided to burn crystals and max out my friends list size and have been using the fairly rapid multiplayer from the event to just spam friend requests. Gonna get me those friendship points to buy the damned glintfeathers.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

For what it's worth, there are 2 fights in the 2nd arc that I didn't clear first time and the duo fight you're probably referring to was one of them.

And yes, I like how they've not just reset the power-level. Looking forward to the reveal that everyone in the new continent/world is made out of paper mache and recycled coffee stirrers.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I think one of my issues, and it also came about during Lougseus, is that these bosses tend to just end up having non-stop flinch attacks that go on for ages. I don't know if there's any particular way to stop flinch but it seems like a big part of the difficulty is just getting stunlocked or bosses that have HP phase gates so they become invulnerable until they do a super move, which sucks if you break them and then burn a special.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Oh yeah, those hp gates are the worst. I got stuck on the penultimate (iirc) arc 1 fight for so long because of that; ended up having to get a team to be able to survive 2 full party wipes in succession because of rapid fire hp-gated special attacks. I think someone in the last thread said that the developers realize they're annoying and are trying to avoid using them in the future, which is nice.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

My Lougseus fight took 33 minutes, 18 seconds, and like 15 continues. I was still in the newbie grace period so they were all free, but yeah, Lougseus was anti-fun. Really infuriating when I got him down to like 5% HP and then he full healed (or was it a 50% heal? I don't know, it didn't matter, totally rage-inducing either way when it took me 20 minutes to get that far). EDIT: Oh yeah, and then it was followed by 15 minutes of unskippable cutscenes. I like the game, but some of the decisions are really boneheaded.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 4, 2022

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I have been able to blunder through most of those thanks to new Roland's double auto-rez, but it definitely seems frustrating nonetheless. Still, I can appreciate there being some challenges that I can't just button mash or auto through. Maybe someday I'll muster up the gumption to actually build the teams to clear stuff like the Very Angry Tree or High Speed Mode.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

How do people tend to build Lougseus? I知 torn between setting up duel wielding or committing to his no-weapons gimmick and loading him up with those stats-into-other-stats skills and the standard PDPS crit toolkit.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

PatentPending posted:

How do people tend to build Lougseus? I知 torn between setting up duel wielding or committing to his no-weapons gimmick and loading him up with those stats-into-other-stats skills and the standard PDPS crit toolkit.

From my studying (pulled him from the newbie banner and have desperately been trying to figure out how to make the most of him), dual wield is better once you have the skills to support it. It makes sense because it's basically +100% damage cap at a cost of 40% damage. If you can make up that 40% damage (and the 75% strength from equipping a weapon at all), it's clearly superior.

My problem at the moment is that I can't quite afford Dark Attack Raise III from his five-star ability board yet and I don't have any of the Arks for most weapon damage boosts. I have zero sword or machine boost skills available at the moment. I do have spear, claw, and hammer boosts, so I'm slowly working my way towards getting decent weapons of those types to equip to him.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks, yeah that makes sense. I think I need to look around for some more dark weapons then, and find a couple of the same type to throw on him while saving skill points.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Looks like the next unit once the Persona collab is over is most likely a Beyland shift. Neat, but I imagine most people are tapped out by now and also we just got pretty nuts no att DPS back to back between Crow and Shift Rimuru; nevertheless once we have the kit I'll post like usual :eng101:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Oh that's good, yeah I went all in on Rimuru so I'm happy to sit out on this one.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I might be tempted... I didn't chase much in the Persona banner, and I'm currently sitting on about 109k crystals, so I can afford to throw some away. I don't have either Beyland, and there might be chance at picking up Murren if this includes recent mainline units. It would be really interesting seeing how he competes with the latest Light element power creep.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

oh yeah i forgot to link it here but tweacz did a huge unit deepdive on all four persona units as well as keen eye from the second LR if you were interested in seeing a lot of the raw numbers/breakdowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY4STsDax14

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Blademaster Beyland posted:

Trait 1 - Boss Wave: When only one weapon is equipped, physical attacks deal extra attacks (regular attacks: +1 hit, skill 1: +2 hits, skill 2: +3 hits, skill 3: +5 hits). Extra attack damage +30%/damage cap +20000.
Trait 2 - When only weapon equipped is one sword, no-attribute damage +50%/damage cap +12000. When physically attacked, cut damage taken proportional to closeness of attacks (max -20%). Damage taken -20% more from nonboss enemies with lower STR than unit.

Skill 1 - Frontal, medium-area slashing breakthrough combo attack. (Trait 1 deals extra attacks.)
Skill 2 - Forward dash to close in for a medium-area combo attack. (Trait 1 deals extra attacks.)
Skill 3 - Instantly close the gap for a wide-area combo attack. (Trait 1 deals extra attacks.)
Ult/Special - Powerful combo attack to all enemies.

Bladegod's Charisma - Give all allies the effect "When equipped with only one weapon, physical damage +20%/physical damage cap +4000." (Doesn't stack with other Charismas)
Mystic Favored Sword - Favored Sword's effect +50%. When only one weapon is equipped and a physical attack critical occurs, chance for damage +150%/damage cap +15000.
Guard Breaker - When only one weapon is equipped, chance to nullify guard.
White Vestments - Cloth Equipped: MND +50%, cut faint time.
Swordsman's Mindset 2 - Sword and Clothes Equipped: Sword STR +100%/Clothes DEF and MND +50%.
Serenity - Boost physical attack damage based on MND. When physically attacking, enemy DEF -15% and deal damage.

Silent Contemplation - (35mp) +15 SCT to all Skills.
Gale Force - When HP is at 100%, +10% Skill Charging Speed.
Favored Sword - When equipped with only one Weapon, activate the following effects: +30% Physical Damage. +10000 Damage Cap for Physical Attacks.
Ambition - When HP is lower than enemy's HP, +20% Physical Damage.
Heroism Up 3/Fighting Spirit 4/Illusion/Auto Haste/Auto Crit/Special Boost/Proud Force/Doppelhander/Sword Boost/Sword High Boost/Sword Mega Boost/No-Att Crit Raise/No-Att Attack Raise 3/Divinity Slayer/Brute Slayer/Ultimate Boost 2/Giant Killing 2/Indomitable Spirit/Quick Trigger

:stonk:

Well, uh... that's definitely one way to make him competitive with Crow and Shift Rimuru, jeeeeeeeeez. My gut says if you have either (or, in my case, both :v:) you won't necessarily be hurting passing on this guy (and, again, he's a DoH unit, they come back pretty regularly these days), but with Persona on its way out we'll probably have some time before our next collab/rerun (though summer IS just around the corner, so if you're wanting to save for a Summer Alice rerun or possibly a new summer unit, that's fair too....)

As for the SSR Ark coming with the second banner:

Cripes, that's a good SSR, especially if you already have single wield units in your box like A2, og Beyland (or new Beyland!), Shift Goroth, Shift Kyle, Shift Roland..... there's a lot of SW Sword users :v: Though like all SSRs, don't go for it specifically, it'll come when you least expect/want it :eng99: AER's just so-so imo, nothing too flashy or gotta-have-it.

Mix. fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 15, 2022

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

This one's pretty skippable for me, which I appreciate. Shift Beyland looks really good, but I already have a really good non-attribute DPS (Crow), and I have no single-sword DPS for the ark's skills. If I get either on free tickets or whatever, great, but I'm not gonna spend crystals on it.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Ooooh, I am definitely digging this new swordboi. All those damage, crit, and extra attack buffs sound like they'd make for an absolute torrent of hp and stagger damage. He looks pretty cool, too!

I wonder what the good choices for cloth armor and accessories would be here... he's not gonna be as tanky as Roland, but getting a little defense from armor is nice. On the other hand, maybe that increased skill charge rate would synergize with the ascended time summon ring pre-charging you 3 seconds at the beginning of battle.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

avoraciopoctules posted:

I wonder what the good choices for cloth armor and accessories would be

The clothes I've seen tossed around for him already from pre-theorizing are Bravery Raiments from the Bolt-Bearer's Ascent SSR, since its stats are pretty good (87ATK, 160DEF, 118MND) and it grants +2 Movement Speed and -12% phys damage received, but you'd have to have that SSR first :v:

I imagine as far as acc goes itll probably be the standard stuff like Mithril Relief, ODM Gear, Crimson Ring, etc

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

oh right i forgot to mention

tower's coming back and they're adding another tier of floors, but the reward for reaching the new top of the tower is a free UR ark in addition to all previous rewards including the Tower LR. no clue what the ark does but goddammit I guess we have an excuse to do tower seriously again :v:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I always get up to a big octopus (floor 87 maybe?) and fail on that, so I guess I need to work out a plan to take out a crustacean.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

updates!

called it, shift beyland is really strong but doesn't auto replace either shift rimuru or crow since they have utility that he doesn't (he's pure numbers, baby), but he's also worth investing in if you DO pull him- again, especially with maze being a factor to now consider, having redundant units that fill similar niches is an upside now :v: SSR is obviously great, but don't need to go out of your way for it.

The big talking point is tower, and from what I've heard the new floors (90-100) are kind of varying in difficulty level, but there are two floors in particular that are the main stopgaps, 92 and 99. I won't give specifics for people who want to experience them for themselves, but if you're at those points and feel like you're hitting a brick wall, don't worry! everyone is. i've heard already some people are asking for a difficulty nerf because of how much it feels like people have gotten hit by a train, it's that much of a difficulty spike. :dogout:

That said, I'm going to post the UR reward for clearing floor 100 here for people who want to know what it is they're aiming for (behind a spoiler cut because, well, its spoilers for a story plot beat :v:):

It's a good UR, the AER is pretty decent though not the best (but a +40 and maybe down the line a godforge will absolutely help), and it's got some good teachables, though nothing super gamechanging. Basically fits in with all the other free LR/UR rewards tied to endgame content :v:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

That UR ark was definitely appealing, so I pushed ahead in the Tower of Trials... but the difficulty spike is definitely real. Ah well, at least I scored the first tower ark. I'm hoping to find more decent soul sinks, since the day I max out all my arks is starting to become visible on the horizon. There's always godforge enhancements, but the required non-soul mats for that always get used up faster than the souls themselves.

Midway through raising nu-Beyland, but I love how easy it is to mistake him for Maja from the portraits if you aren't paying attention.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Yeah, I'm currently stuck on a floor in the 80-100 range because it turns out I actually need a Thunder element DPS to clear it and that's literally the one element I have actually nothing for, I don't have DB Rei, I don't have shift Lanceveil, I DO have Meredy but she's too slow and inconsistent, so I'm doing a team that sounds like a shitpost because it has, of all units, loving PHAL as the main DPS since I already had her built (and I'm still updating shift Lukiel to pair with her) :v: It's definitely an experience, but even if you can't get to the current top immediately Tower will always be a monthly thing at least.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I finally decided to give it an honest try this month and cleaned up to 75 in one day, but the boss there just deletes me when he hits the 20% HP enrage/special.

But I guess I should also build a team 2 and 3 instead of just having them there to soak xp.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

So I realized I had enough paid crystals left over from the Persona event to do the first loop on the Beyland step-up. I ended up getting both him and the ark. I don't have him maxed out yet, but he's already about five times as effective as my Lougseus has been for me so far. I'm sure a fully-built Loug will be roughly on par, but Beyland just... comes with everything he needs already. No need for dual wield (which I have) or Trishula (which I don't), no need for weapon boosts (which I mostly don't have), no need for fancy gear (I'm just using a random neutral sword with 5% crit until I can beat Zleorg or get Gold 1 in the arena). He consistently hits 20k+ non-crit on high-level physical resistant enemies like elements and slimes, and his crits always cap. It's made everything much, much easier. Glad I decided to go for it.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I致e decided I知 done being nice with my arena defense. The idea here is that maybe I値l just bore people to death to dissuade them from selecting me?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Well, barring a huge update right in under the line sometime this upcoming week (after Beyland's event ends) I think we can assume we won't be seeing the promised new story and guild content that was supposed to come this month :v:

I don't mind TOO much bc the persona collab took a lot of people's attention (and maze took a lot of vet players- I was too busy working on units to do it myself, but I'll be prepped for next time!!) but it's still kinda funny. At least we know its supposed to be in the pipe here soon, just one of those times where being concurrent w/ other regions means we have zero foresight :frog:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Aaaaaand just under the wire, we have a massive update coming tomorrow! New DoH unit, and it's one that's still kind of a walking spoiler if you aren't caught up w/ stuff so I won't go into any more specifics! :eng101:

Lenius posted:

Trait 1 - Double the hit count for Fire/Ice/Earth/Thunder magic attacks. (Cut damage each hit does to 60%; excludes Science, Mana, and other special type magic.) Fire, Ice, Earth, Thunder damage +40%/damage cap +5000. All magic casting speed +20%.
Trait 2 - Duration of debuffs from unit's magic +20%. When using nonstacking magic, damage cap +10000/give unit a boost damage +4% for each repeat of an attack magic attribute (max 40%, effect resets when using a different attribute attack magic)

Skill 1 - Levitate for a frontal medium-area long-range Earth combo attack, followed by a Thunder combo attack.
Skill 2 - Levitate for a frontal wide-area medium-range Ice combo attack, followed by a Fire combo attack.
Skill 3 - Teleport above the enemy for a wide-area Ice combo attack. (Changes to Earth if enemy's Earth resistance is lower.)
Ult/Special - Powerful consecutive Ice, Earth, and Fire combo attacks to all enemies. (Fire attack changes to Thunder if enemy's Thunder resistance is lower.)

NEW MAGIC (!!!):
Volcanic Fall - Powerful wide-area Fire attack.
Overfrost - Powerful wide-area Ice attack.
Twin Cyclones - Powerful wide-area Earth attack.
Omega Spark - Powerful wide-area Thunder attack.

Sophian Anima - All enemies' physical damage dealt -30%. (Doesn't stack with other Animas.)
Elemental Circle - Cut one enemy's Fire/Ice/Earth/Thunder resistance. Regularly deal damage of the above attribute with the lowest resistance.
Giga High Shaker - All enemies' critical rate -30%.
Giga Shade - Give all enemies an effect that regularly deals damage and halves HP recovery (Spirit Riot).
Superior Spirit Summon - When magically attacking, spend 1 random skill stock to boost damage and damage cap (based on the length of the stocks' SCT; max damage +36%/damage cap +5400)
Zerodom - When magically attacking, boost damage proportional to closeness of the enemy (max +50%)
Sorcerer Mastery - When unit has Sorcerer type, give physical and magical attacks/Special/Counter an anti-Knight type effect, damage taken from Knights -10%/INT +10%.
Magic Weak Point Boost - When hitting an attribute weakness with a magic attack, damage +30%
Giant Purge - Magic attack damage to boss monsters +20%
Arcane Up MAX - INT/MP +15%
Esoteric Up 2 - INT/MND/MP +8%

Big Bang - Tier 4.5 Fire Spell. (+1000 Damage Cap.) The last hit has a 10% chance to grant a -20% STR for 40s debuff.
Absolute Zero - Tier 4.5 Ice Spell. (+5000 Damage Cap.) The last hit has a 10% chance to grant a -20% MND for 40s debuff.
Nether Tempest - Tier 4.5 Earth Spell. (+1000 Damage Cap.) Every hit has a 0.32% chance to grant a -20% DEF for 40s debuff.
Ex Radia - Tier 3 Thunder Spell. (+2000 Damage Cap.) Every hit has a 0.4% chance to grant a -20% INT for 40s debuff.
Divinity Geyser - Magic has an anti-[God] [Dragon] [Spirit] [Undead] type effect.
Crit Up 2/Proud Force/Special Boost/Auto Recast/Auto Protect/Robe Boost/Staff High Boost/High Level Magic Chant/Immovable Object/Auto Advanced Circle/Auto Heal

:vince:

If you're in the market for a rainbow mage this guy is absolutely gonna be a great target. No clue how he's gonna stack up to Maja yet (Maja has light magic in his kit as well, so that does give him something different, but it seems like Lenius is a lot more robust of a rainbow mage in turn). Consequently, Angela-havers stay winning because it sounds like he has non-stacking magic which means she'll continue to be usable in multiplayer as her magic stacks :v: That said, don't forget there's a good chance we're going to be getting a new summer unit soon, so if you've got a particularly large hoard of gems you might be better off holding off, at least initially!

As for the UR Ark coming with the banner:

Following the trend of element-tied URs, we have the Ice one now! I think that means all we're missing is Earth and Dark (Lily Matter doesn't count bc it's magic specifically, and the Lougseus UR doesn't really count either bc most of its effects don't care about element). That said, again, it's a UR, we don't chase those, we celebrate if they come home but otherwise just assume by default we won't have access to it unless we're a whale :v:

But that's not all! They confirmed in a news post that we accidentally already got access to that we're actually getting the new Guild Content that they promised! Specifically, we're getting a mode called 'Guild Hunt', which... is basically Final Rally from Granblue Fantasy, if you've played that.

Basically, it's a daily boss that only guilds can fight, and the more damage you deal to the boss within the time period, the more rewards you get. There's apparently six boss monsters to start, and which boss is live will change weekly every Wednesday at 8am PST. In combat, when you defeat the boss, your slay count increases by 1, a chest drops, and the boss revives with higher stats. (cap is 60 defeats total).

The chests that drop will give us training materials and "guild coins"; there'll be a shop for guild coins that is stated to include stuff like megaclusters and SSR Prayer Stardust, but we'll have to wait til after maintenance tomorrow to see what else it holds!

They also are doing a standard QoL cleanup where they're apparently fixing the auto-filter somewhat, as well as adding numerical values to stuff like Fury, Awaken, Patience, etc (as well as some units' traits, some ark traits, etc). It looks like they're also adding guild names to the support selection screen and friends list, so now you'll be able to rep the guild just by being picked as a support! :frog:

...no mention of new story content. oh well :v:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Oh man, he seems great but having fully invested in both Maja and Angela I think I should sit this guy out. I really hope he turns up randomly at some point, though, and I知 looking forward to this plot hook getting investigated in the event.

Looking forward to the guild fights too. I feel like my high-power teams underperform during the time trials, so just having a heap of hp to bash against should be a nice different challenge.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Mix. posted:

...no mention of new story content. oh well :v:

The new story content was scheduled for "July-September".

As for the unit... is it just me, or does he come with basically no damage boosts outside the "stand on top of the boss and hope it doesn't kill you" one? He seems like the complete opposite of Beyland where he comes with none of the skills you'll want to add to him. He has no elemental boosts, high boosts, or mega boosts, only has robe boost and staff high boost, only has one of the critical up skills, etc etc etc. Just seems like it's going to be really hard to actually hit his caps unless you've already got a stacked account and don't need him.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 29, 2022

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Hmm... I do have a Maja and a rainbow Zekus, but on the other hands wizards are pretty cool and I could still stand to round out my roster a bit. I will strongly consider throwing out a few rolls. Currently at 109k crystals.

Guild bosses sounds fun. I'm still enjoying the gacha grind. It sounds like you don't actually help your other guild members out by fighting it which is a bit of a shame, but maybe there's something I'm overlooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Heads up for people that have The Theopolis of Lost Magnus UR ark. The 100% AER, one of the best wands in the game is included in the event alchemy page, using the event stones instead of regular ingredients is a lot cheaper to level this thing up.