Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Sorry I have people coming over and I may be posting too fast and not being clear. I am pushing b- because I think he is scum and I've made an almost-case on it, somewhere. I am not sold on Nep over tpink. I am leery of Sandwolf. If you think I'm scum vote me out if you think town can afford it today. If we started with 4 scum and have 3 left then that would end the game (note that I am the opposite of a math genius, tis could be wrong). If there are 2 then that will prove I have been sincere. And also keep me out of any possible F5 which I am almost sure to gently caress up one way or another.

I don’t like this post at all because I legit don’t understand bminus over Nep at this point, and it sounds like pushing town into a mislunch and a very likely win for scum. We can’t afford another town kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not liking how Rhymes is acting rn at all.

:emptyquote:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Nep-Nep posted:

I can't explain what I can't explain and if I was going to kill spork I would not have done something else in addition to that.

Is a plausible reading of the flavor about nep stopping spork is that spork’s action didn’t resolve because of Nep’s kill? This is for the group, not just Nep.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

What I'm trying to say herr is if we can afford another town kill, which I don't know, then chopping me is not the worst idea. But iff it's lylo then it loses for town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhymes With Clue posted:

What I'm trying to say herr is if we can afford another town kill, which I don't know, then chopping me is not the worst idea. But iff it's lylo then it loses for town.

what, why is chopping you 'not the worst idea'?????

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Why the gently caress are we talking about risking a town mislunch just to test a theory when we are rapidly approaching LYLO or are at LYLO. I know I’m bad at mafia but this does not sound like optimal town play to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tpink posted:

Why the gently caress are we talking about risking a town mislunch just to test a theory when we are rapidly approaching LYLO or are at LYLO. I know I’m bad at mafia but this does not sound like optimal town play to me.

furthermore, on no planet is it a pro-town statement to go: "hey tomorrow might be lylo so purposefully kill me, a townie, today"

I don't know if RWC is town or not but jfc that was the least town-thinking thing to say

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Gonna stop thinking about this for today.

It would be nice if OA existed in the thread a bit more.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I'm town. I'm bad at lylo.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rhymes With Clue posted:

b- ...was really dodgy about Toalp, made some strange switches which I can point to later maybe, knew today was gonna be lylo if we didn't lunch scum (so knows how many scum there are/were, which I do not know) and it always makes me a little suspicious when somebody says their scumdar isn't working this game.

Sandwolf... pinged me when he said Nep and Yami were taking me for a ride. Sure, I'm probably believing somebody's lies, but it would surprise me if BOTH of them were lying. Maybe I should prepare to be surprised.

RWC, I honestly don’t love this post either. At all.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm back for the sake of getting my info out there, here are the items that I added to the exhibition each day:

D1 Camera
D2 Mirror Shard
D3 CCTV

N2, the mirror shard was stolen from me.

That's correct. In fact, I didn't go anywhere, so whatever is happening here, redirects, bus drives, that sort of stuff can be ruled out at least in this specific situation.

I still do want to revisit this. I am rusty on roles, but is there any conceivable role where this mirror shard gets stolen, and someone somehow uses it to screw up the result I got on Nep visiting spork last night? I know I raised it before but it’s the only thing that’s still giving me a tiny bit of a pause.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I'm town. I'm bad at lylo.

I have played games before where (not in LYLO) I knew I was town and there were votes coming onto me, I will literally try and push a vote ANYWHERE ELSE, even if it's to people I don't think are that scummy, because you only ever really *know* your own alignment.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tpink posted:

I still do want to revisit this. I am rusty on roles, but is there any conceivable role where this mirror shard gets stolen, and someone somehow uses it to screw up the result I got on Nep visiting spork last night? I know I raised it before but it’s the only thing that’s still giving me a tiny bit of a pause.

Nep's entire role doesn't make sense. Nep puts an item on display and I guess roles that interact with that can interact with that, but it's not a real role, because it's identical to an inventor or something, Nep just can't give the items out, they can merely... hold them...?

nvm it's obviously a fakeclaim I'm ready

##vote Nep

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I am also just going to put it out there that I don’t actually think bminus is scum, even though objectively I have every reason to think otherwise. It’s hard to explain and I almost hesitate to put it out there, but I want to in case I get NK’d next.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tpink posted:

I am also just going to put it out there that I don’t actually think bminus is scum, even though objectively I have every reason to think otherwise. It’s hard to explain and I almost hesitate to put it out there, but I want to in case I get NK’d next.

it's an interesting thought I'd be willing to think about tomorrow but it'll take me a deec amount to not

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh and btw, here’s an easy way to test my bminus theory. He said he would recharge my drone overnight. If I’m alive tomorrow, I’ll be able to confirm if he did or not. It’s not going to be a full clear because I can see scum wasting a night action to prove up bminus being town, but it’s going to be some additional piece of information at least.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

Nep's entire role doesn't make sense. Nep puts an item on display and I guess roles that interact with that can interact with that, but it's not a real role, because it's identical to an inventor or something, Nep just can't give the items out, they can merely... hold them...?

nvm it's obviously a fakeclaim I'm ready

##vote Nep

This is 99% likely where I am going to end up for this day. The only reason I am holding back is the mirror shard and the fact that we are either at LYLO or one kill away from it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tpink posted:

This is 99% likely where I am going to end up for this day. The only reason I am holding back is the mirror shard and the fact that we are either at LYLO or one kill away from it.

The mirror shard..?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

tpink posted:

Is a plausible reading of the flavor about nep stopping spork is that spork’s action didn’t resolve because of Nep’s kill? This is for the group, not just Nep.

Kills generally resolve last so I don’t think is a good explanation. Maybe someone roleblocked spork too?

As for the mirror shard this is nep that is volunteering this information, we have no way of know what it does or if it actually exists right? Unless I missed something

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

The mirror shard..?

Nep posted that she had a mirror shard stolen away from her.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Kills generally resolve last so I don’t think is a good explanation. Maybe someone roleblocked spork too?

As for the mirror shard this is nep that is volunteering this information, we have no way of know what it does or if it actually exists right? Unless I missed something

Yeah, good point, there was zero confirmation of that item outside of Nep and she would obviously be interested in coming up with some redirect-like item to avoid a lunch. If anyone else can confirm that they had this as an item (because otherwise Nep would not be able to generate it, according to her claim), now would be the time.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

I have played games before where (not in LYLO) I knew I was town and there were votes coming onto me, I will literally try and push a vote ANYWHERE ELSE, even if it's to people I don't think are that scummy, because you only ever really *know* your own alignment.

So I only know my alignment but I also know lm bad at mFia. Will vote with Yamj I think I said that.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Nep-Nep posted:

I’m Exhibition Manager, in charge of displaying models of noteworthy inventions. Every day end I put a model in a display case of an existing item at random. I cannot use these as that would compromise the display. Presumably it’s possible to use the items if they’re stolen like how spork stole one from me.

Yami I am currently holding a camera and a cctv.

I didn’t perform the night kill. Either tpink is lying or some other factor is in play. It’s a con so maybe a cosplay ability? Or a way to cause screwy results? Since I’m myself holding multiple watch adjacent items that would not surprise me.

This is the post I’m getting it from - I read Nep’s claim as saying that she can only put an item in a display case that already exists in the game. So if no one else comes forward and says they have a mirror shard, that’s further confirmation that her claim is fake.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

There is a sweet spot. Early game I will self pres, lylo I will obv do the same. But there is a point when town a lot more likely to win if I'm out and this could be it.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Toal's flip mentioned a mirror so not sure if there is a role that damages items? Seems quite specific to say mirror shard and not just mirror

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
and I am going back to:

## vote Nep

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

tpink posted:

and I am going back to:

## vote Nep

Hell yeah . So if there’s no scum rush this will confirm that at least one of the three (sandwolf, tpink and nep) is scum. I’m thinking nep.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Hell yeah . So if there’s no scum rush this will confirm that at least one of the three (sandwolf, tpink and nep) is scum. I’m thinking nep.

lmao

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Nep-Nep (2): tpink, tpink, Sandwolf, tpink
Sandwolf (0): Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, Nep-Nep, ObamaAkbar., Rhymes With Clue, Yami Fenrir

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2022 at 4 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 20 minutes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Don’t know why you are laughing. I’m right

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Don’t know why you are laughing. I’m right

Hi Right, I’m Rob Graves

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

b-minus1 posted:

Don’t talk me out of my gut feel as not thinking that you are scum, b.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t know how that post would change your mind.

There’s at least 2 scum left. Probably only 2. So if someone has 2 votes and there is no scumrush, it confirms that there is at least one scum among the voters or the person being voted.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

There’s at least 2 scum left. Probably only 2. So if someone has 2 votes and there is no scumrush, it confirms that there is at least one scum among the voters or the person being voted.

Do you have anything constructive tho

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

b-minus1 posted:

I disagree with your scum calls is why.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Hi Right, I’m Rob Graves

What does an improved grave robber get to do at night?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhymes With Clue posted:

What does an improved grave robber get to do at night?

Rob mausoleums?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Morning y'all.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The only united fronts I'm seeing is Nep RWC and Sandwolf tpink.

I don't think anyone cares to defend b- all that much.

So I'm kinda wondering if it's Nep RWCC right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Basically the only way I can see tpink being scum is if Sandwolf is too, and I have trouble agreeing to that in my mind.

right now I'm at Nep, RWC, and if game still not over b-.