Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

When I worked at UPS for some reason there were tomatoes growing between the diesel pumps, which one of the yard drivers would pick and eat. They were apparently pretty flavorful.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sapozhnik posted:

tomatoes are the worst culinary plant. yeah let's have a large unwieldy bubble filled with runny staining liquid that has the texture and consistency of mucus-soaked tissue paper and barely tastes of anything.

they should have stayed in america where they belong along with all of god's other mistakes

back in AR i grew cherry tomatoes and basil in my garden, and on a lazy afternoon i would grab a salt shaker, go out and make little one-bite salads. I'm sorry you don't have the joy of fresh garden stuff. backyard cherry tomates are like the loving tastiest thing on the planet and then when you wrap them up in a fresh picked basil leaf and do a salt shake? this is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I would probably eat the diesel tomatoes

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Believe me I was tempted.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i used to walk by a tomato plant growing in a piss drenched alley on the way to work. someone was growing them in a window planter 3 or 4 floors up and some that fell sprouted in the cracks in the asphalt. i never got up the courage to eat a pissmato though when it fruited

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I would eat at this restaurant

betalarmannen
Jan 13, 2007

Pillbug
Tomato is both the best fruit and the best vegetable.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

urban gardening is pretty blessed since bees can thrive as pollinators since they're far away from pesticide-abusing farmers

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

mediaphage posted:

i feel like dudes have been braceleting with aplomb since i was in college as long as it's appropriately fake masculine, like steel cables and leather and poo poo
oh yeah I just like posting this because Corolla is a pigfucking moron and I think people should be oft reminded of that

Sapozhnik posted:

tomatoes are the worst culinary plant. yeah let's have a large unwieldy bubble filled with runny staining liquid that has the texture and consistency of mucus-soaked tissue paper and barely tastes of anything.

they should have stayed in america where they belong along with all of god's other mistakes
k

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

betalarmannen posted:

Tomato is both the best fruit and the best vegetable.

:biotruths:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

edit: wrong thread

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao wow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

Are these YOSPOS now? Well here's my shitbox I bought for a rally:

nice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a good tomato is the best thing there is

sliced tomatoes on toast with pepper and salt? god drat

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

back in AR i grew cherry tomatoes and basil in my garden, and on a lazy afternoon i would grab a salt shaker, go out and make little one-bite salads. I'm sorry you don't have the joy of fresh garden stuff. backyard cherry tomates are like the loving tastiest thing on the planet and then when you wrap them up in a fresh picked basil leaf and do a salt shake? this is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy

yeah i have this situation going on right now, it's very nice. i have mozzarella and olive oil and balsamic for when i'm feeling fancy. right now i have a plant i picked up that was grown from "Todd's Galactic Tomato Mix" or a similar name that's supposed to produce different colored tomatoes. right now it has some oval shaped fruits growing out of it that are two different shades of green.

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.
I want to share with the thread this wonderful tomato plant. The tomatoes are smaller than cherry tomatoes and delicious, you can grow them indoors year round provided you have enough light. Put it in this Ikea pot and it looks really nice by your kitchen window.

https://www.rareseeds.com/orange-hat-tomato
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/boysenbaer-plant-pot-indoor-outdoor-light-gray-40459256/

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

no skateboarding EVER! posted:

I want to share with the thread this wonderful tomato plant. The tomatoes are smaller than cherry tomatoes and delicious, you can grow them indoors year round provided you have enough light. Put it in this Ikea pot and it looks really nice by your kitchen window.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/boysenbaer-plant-pot-indoor-outdoor-light-gray-40459256/

i have several of these growing upstairs right now!! agree, highly recommended. they produce a poo poo ton of little tomatoes that you can easily pick a couple a day and have tomatoes for weeks with just a few plants

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

(I did not grow this tomato, I'm just posting it to annoy Sapozhnik)

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

no skateboarding EVER! posted:

im the watch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
If you want to elevate your mood and view of the world, start a vegetable and herb garden.

it doesn't have to be big. it doesn't have to be self-sufficient. but please grow a couple cherry tomato plants and some basil - the latter, in particular, is basically a weed and you cannot kill it without serious intent

i have also planted too many zucchini / squash plants before, and that's a happy problem to have.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

im the watch

watch out, jonny might cut u for it

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

PokeJoe posted:

i used to walk by a tomato plant growing in a piss drenched alley on the way to work. someone was growing them in a window planter 3 or 4 floors up and some that fell sprouted in the cracks in the asphalt. i never got up the courage to eat a pissmato though when it fruited

tomato seeds are adapted to surviving a trip through a mammal. someone took a poo poo in that alley.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Jonny 290 posted:

i have also planted too many zucchini / squash plants before, and that's a happy problem to have.

one is too many if you only have a very small garden, those fuckers get out of hand big

but zucchinis do fuckin rule and so do the blossoms

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Large Testicles posted:

one is too many if you only have a very small garden, those fuckers get out of hand big

but zucchinis do fuckin rule and so do the blossoms
Or if you don't enjoy gourds

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i remember our neighbours being like "y'all want a zucchini/rhubarb?" then dropping off a hefty garbage bag full of zucchini/rhubarb and 5 loaves of zucchini/rhubarb bread

honored cat poster and :catdrugs: man dee eight sent me a pack of purple catnip seed last summer but i couldn't get them to germinate :saddowns:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
quick fried squash blossoms are so magical. theyre like faerie scran. so good.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Ellie Crabcakes posted:

(I did not grow this tomato, I'm just posting it to annoy Sapozhnik)

would

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the best thing from the garden isn't the tomatoes, it's the strawberries :swoon:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Armitag3 posted:

Ah steward denethor, welcome to the pos

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7122201652760710443

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the best thing from the garden isn't the tomatoes, it's the strawberries :swoon:

oh there's something that get out of control. one time i had to help a friend clear out a strawberry patch that had spread a quarter mile. i also poach the current neighbor's raspberry bush because it's enormous and probably puts out 200 new berries a day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i accidentally let a mint plant escape before i knew the nature of mint and within one year, it'd taken over 1/4 of our half acre yard

it wasn't a problem, really, and when i mowed back there? it smelled like wonder

tldr gently caress grass grow aromatic plants in your yard, occasionally cut them, and harvest the spoils for a better life

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

the grass in our yard is totally hosed right now because of watering restrictions and i keep trying to convince my mom to either xeriscape it or put fake grass if she wants it green cause it looks loving terrible even in the winter because it's mostly weeds anyway. we do need some grass-ish area for the dog though

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

"Comes out of the loving ground!!"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Large Testicles posted:

the grass in our yard is totally hosed right now because of watering restrictions and i keep trying to convince my mom to either xeriscape it or put fake grass if she wants it green cause it looks loving terrible even in the winter because it's mostly weeds anyway

that's the thing, if you can't maintain a hard yard of bermuda, it's just gonna get ate up by weird thorny horny weeds and look bad. raze that poo poo and build u a rock garden.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Large Testicles posted:

the grass in our yard is totally hosed right now because of watering restrictions and i keep trying to convince my mom to either xeriscape it or put fake grass if she wants it green cause it looks loving terrible even in the winter because it's mostly weeds anyway. we do need some grass-ish area for the dog though

Tell her to grow clover it will make the bees very happy and improve the soil and she'll get to see tons of pretty white flowers when it blooms

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

dogs will poo poo and piss anywhere

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Tell her to grow clover it will make the bees very happy and improve the soil and she'll get to see tons of pretty white flowers when it blooms

hell yes this is also a good play

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Roosevelt posted:

dogs will poo poo and piss anywhere

i know that very well cause i have a puppy right now and there was a turd behind my computer chair earlier and i rolled over it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my clover bloomed and the bees divebomb it and my azalea bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

fake grass is immoral my dude. Just pave or gravel it.