Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cat Face Joe posted:

Alternativ
e Rock

david carson wannabe-rear end lettering

my apple music one is all messed up and somehow missed when i played the same handful of songs stuck in my head for a week (:confused:) and it thinks my top album is the remastered myst soundtrack for some reason (not upset by this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1466571846950789122

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUf9_1jsCyY

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this record was fuckin NUTTY

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

I love Russian Circles

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i plan on switching back whenever they release a windows client and not a second sooner

they need to hurry the gently caress up because spotify is really trying my patience

do you mean itunes or a spotify app cause both of those exist

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
loving itunes

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

President Beep posted:

loving itunes

you're not wrong beep

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve been really into these two kinda indie pop songs

https://youtu.be/K17df81RL9Y

https://youtu.be/0Cuwh3vMn8E

Aurora especially I think will probably get bigger

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

My apple music shows the fact that my adhd brain locks onto an album that I like and play it dozens and dozens of times for a few months then move on to something else. Also I share it with an old iPhone I have at work to listen to music with my coworkers. So my top ten are all from The Smile's album.

IS THAT WHAT IT loving IS

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

hbag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW5B1BW1MdE

this song is loving fantastic if youre in the right mood

whole album is really

i think he said it was a love letter to his dad who was/had died but either way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57kHFXElTVI

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bx8QdYj0Pg

was mine

Lenny Nero
Apr 14, 2007

I'm the magic man...The Santa Claus of the subconscious
Fontaines DC's 2022 album, Skinty Fia, blew me away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEFk5RiGf9A

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

this sounds like 100 different songs i heard this year. this style was totally this year's aesthetic for indie stuff

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

for the 23rd year in a row my most played song was Bouncing to Victory (at 74% true speed)

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

the new russian circles was good and unexpectedly heavy. i like the direction they've taken

i don't know what my most listened to album or song is, but this should be up there:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hi6FghMWXeE
probably my favorite black metal release this year

the new plosivs record also got a lot of plays. a really good throwback to early/mid-90s post-hardcore

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

gently caress yes I'm happy with that playlist

e: this is heavily "what I downloaded to the device" but also I got to see Joywave live when they actually came to Europe and it owned bones so I listened to their live album about 4000 times

The Horrors have gone back to playing weird hardcore tho which I'm less of a fan of

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 2, 2022

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Adding to yospos.csv: PTH likes the War On Drugs.

The Night Flight Orchestra is always great. You'd think their gimmick would wear thin, but their enthusiasm is just too sincere.

e: I, too, burn through albums by listening to them obsessively until I can't listen to them anymore, so my top list is very skewed. Had to scroll down a bit to find some variation.

It's good poo poo though, down here:

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 2, 2022

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Antigravitas posted:

Adding to yospos.csv: PTH likes the War On Drugs.

it's good poo poo.

A friend lives in Philadelphia but it is absolutely not his sort of music which is like a tragedy to me because they play there constantly

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

drat, hadn't seen/heard this one, this is real good

post rock and post metal own

still sad ISIS broke up

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

still sad ISIS broke up

I thought they reformed as ISIL?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I thought they reformed as ISIL?

i think thats just the english translation of the acronym but i don't wanna look it up lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
y'all bunted on a perfect pitch there

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

i think thats just the english translation of the acronym but i don't wanna look it up lol

TAFKAISIS

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Cold on a Cob posted:

y'all bunted on a perfect pitch there

ate too many curds and died

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

ate too many curds and died

:eyepop:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

also this little miss muffet reboot is hardcore

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

Agile Vector posted:

david carson wannabe-rear end lettering

my apple music one is all messed up and somehow missed when i played the same handful of songs stuck in my head for a week (:confused:) and it thinks my top album is the remastered myst soundtrack for some reason (not upset by this)

apple music's thing only tracks what you streamed from the service and completely ignores anything you play in itunes that you actually own, so the replay thing kinda sucks unless you never buy any music. according to it my most listened to track was a Thomas Dolby song I listened to six times last year

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tmesis posted:

apple music's thing only tracks what you streamed from the service and completely ignores anything you play in itunes that you actually own, so the replay thing kinda sucks unless you never buy any music. according to it my most listened to track was a Thomas Dolby song I listened to six times last year

oooooh, yeah, that's kinda crappy. i own a lot of my library and usually wander through genre playlists and pick up things once in a while, so that explains it. a lot of stuff goes into a bigger 'shuffle my library' so streamed songs have an unfair disadvantage

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i listened to music

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I don’t know how to get youtube music to poo poo out a recap thing but apparently my most listened to album this year was Stupid Dream by Porcupine Tree, followed by Vaxis Act II by Coheed and Cambria and The Pleasure and the Greed by Big Wreck

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i had the genius idea of smoking a joint before going in to eat at five guys and i swear to god i made eye contact with like 15 differennt people while i was eatinng and it felt like my jaw wasnt working properly when i was eating. no loving WAY they didnt know

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

they were all high too

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

i had the genius idea of smoking a joint before going in to eat at five guys and i swear to god i made eye contact with like 15 differennt people while i was eatinng and it felt like my jaw wasnt working properly when i was eating. no loving WAY they didnt know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Kazinsal posted:

I don’t know how to get youtube music to poo poo out a recap thing but apparently my most listened to album this year was Stupid Dream by Porcupine Tree, followed by Vaxis Act II by Coheed and Cambria and The Pleasure and the Greed by Big Wreck

in the app on your phone search for recap 2022 and there will be a thing you can click, took me forever to find that