Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
we definitely saw a noticeable uptick here in the local critter population during the quarantines and it seems like it's mostly sustained, fingers crossed. if only we had vetter tansit or something else that's would keep traffic at reduced levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It used to be so QUIET at night with nobody on the roads. You kind of forget how ubiquitous car sounds are and how far away you can hear loud motorcycles and trucks.

Also I think we have more night critters in our area now. We can hear a family of barred owls out back for the first time in the years we've been here.

Lmao if you don't live between 2 train lines

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Whoever owns the empire state building decided that what would be really awesome for everybody's mental health would be to make the entire building flash bright red back when things were really kicking off

so yeah looking out over that particular illumination of a deserted cityscape was a fun time

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

many, many, years experience have taught me that the only real hangover cures are booze, sleep and death

a nice fatty soup and a gallon of coffee

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It used to be so QUIET at night with nobody on the roads. You kind of forget how ubiquitous car sounds are and how far away you can hear loud motorcycles and trucks.

Also I think we have more night critters in our area now. We can hear a family of barred owls out back for the first time in the years we've been here.

a family of skunks moved into the bushes on the side of my house, making midnight peemail checks for my dog a bit dodgy, and at least 30 painted and snapping turtles laid eggs across my garden and neighbour’s garden, so me and the kids made do not disturb signs for them :3:

oh there’s a deer and two fawns that frequent my back yard and a coyote that stalks around in the woods further back

it’s nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm still bummed my knees started going to poo poo, I was super enjoying them :sigh:

idk what your knee sitch is but I had chronic wrist/elbow pain for years my Dr couldn't fix. Doing some regular weightlifting to strengthen those joints has made it all but disappear

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

psiox posted:

is 'roku's basilisk' in the cyberpunk names thread yet (i refuse to click there anymore, seems to be a lot of fyad expats)

it is not.

it's fine to go there again, the negative postcount crowd mostly left after the site owner gave their treehouse back to them and the two or three gimmick posters who were spamming the thread have moved on to be pests somewhere else.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sapozhnik posted:

Whoever owns the empire state building decided that what would be really awesome for everybody's mental health would be to make the entire building flash bright red back when things were really kicking off

so yeah looking out over that particular illumination of a deserted cityscape was a fun time

otoh it owned when they made it just glitch the gently caress out

i took a video of it i'll look later

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

a family of skunks moved into the bushes on the side of my house, making midnight peemail checks for my dog a bit dodgy, and at least 30 painted and snapping turtles laid eggs across my garden and neighbour’s garden, so me and the kids made do not disturb signs for them :3:

oh there’s a deer and two fawns that frequent my back yard and a coyote that stalks around in the woods further back

it’s nice

We've had an uptick in Magpies and 2 come to my balcony every morning for breakfast. Whenever they have a new brood we'll get up to 20 or so hanging out around the apartment.

https://i.imgur.com/8FnD0de.mp4

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
i like your little bar on the rail there, i'm going to copy that for my back deck.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Good choice, that balcony isn't very deep so it was the most economical way to have the space usable and it was a great idea. So long as the weather is nice we spend most afternoons out there with a drink watching the sunset.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80B_yiN2FH8

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
had to cut it to 59 sec but

https://i.imgur.com/UKolEKc.mp4

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Megabound posted:

We've had an uptick in Magpies and 2 come to my balcony every morning for breakfast. Whenever they have a new brood we'll get up to 20 or so hanging out around the apartment.

https://i.imgur.com/8FnD0de.mp4

I hated it at the time but having rainbow lorikeets wake me up at the buttcrack of dawn sounds wonderful rn

or a kookaburra perching on the deck having a chuckle

:sigh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

extreme Akira vibes

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lmao at the chrysler building being all "dude what the gently caress is wrong with you?" in the background

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

lady's name is Yoda Karen

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Speak to your manager, I would like hmmmm

An cruiscin lan
Mar 4, 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I hated it at the time but having rainbow lorikeets wake me up at the buttcrack of dawn sounds wonderful rn

or a kookaburra perching on the deck having a chuckle

:sigh:

whoever owned this place before us planted a Feijoa out the back and it attracts rainbow lorikeets when it's flowering and I love them so much

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

sure, you're taking a cheerleader to prom, but can she run doom?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWUiLJnEYJI

I'm the guy stunned into slack-jawed silence at 1:09

matti
Mar 31, 2019

thats a fun video

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNoFHdlMrtI

there's a full version

ist gud

matti fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 1, 2022

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you think he'd be able to use his girlfriend there to figure out how to tie a necktie

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
AI content generators are scabs. I'm a union poster and I say gently caress em!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

dang, you've got corvids, son

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i am really jelly of your birds

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

shenmue 4 lookin good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

true story i tried to take a pic of a bird once but an alligator ate it

spoilered cause its kinda gross i guess

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEbdLlxqtyE

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

true story i tried to take a pic of a bird once but an alligator ate it

spoilered cause its kinda gross i guess

Hell yeah