Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

Lake of Methane posted:

Creator of Consolas, "Luc(as) de Groot," not a fan of Linux.
https://twitter.com/FontFabrik/status/1598749073900699649?s=20

can't the ponytail detective hat guys figure out how to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

ADINSX posted:

Taco Bell won the telco wars and now all phone calls are Taco Bell

I understood this reference.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bluemillion posted:

I understood this reference.

europeans will only understand it if it was were pizza hut instead

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mystes
May 31, 2006

that feeling when you got an n800 and should have held out for the n810 with the slide out keyboard -_-

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

mystes posted:

that feeling when you got an n800 and should have held out for the n810 -_-

i got the 770 :negative:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:lomarf:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

i actually paid to license futura for my business cards and website. not a lot, but still

it's a good font

my favourite font is glamour absolute but it’s not particularly appropriate for a lot of things

but when it is - god drat they’re some satisfying glyphs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

i got the 770 :negative:

i had a 770 and the 800, i couldn't justify getting the 810 and then they killed the platform

still have the 800 though

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I had one of these and a palm IIIc that I took notes with in high school.

It was super convenient because after class I could use the irda to print them out at like any laserjet printer.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
some people used to use those kinds of things to take notes during the sermon at church

even then I used to wonder what the hell would be worth recording as notes

years later I realised it was kind of awful that we’d just allow someone to come and tell a group of people whatever they wanted, a group of people who almost by definition were open minded and would believe almost anything. we’d have dudes come and spend an hour telling us their vision of heaven. and we’d believe it

god drat. thankfully I am much more brain and smart thinker now

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lake of Methane posted:

Creator of Consolas, "Luc(as) de Groot," not a fan of Linux.
https://twitter.com/FontFabrik/status/1598749073900699649?s=20

the nerds in the linux thread were telling me the algorithms for font rendering are identical to windows now. not that I believe it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

some people used to use those kinds of things to take notes during the sermon at church

there is literally no time or place necessary for taking notes. like seriously it used to be in latin

Butt House
Oct 17, 2002

i love you, you jerk

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

years later I realised it was kind of awful that we’d just allow someone to come and tell a group of people whatever they wanted, a group of people who almost by definition were open minded and would believe almost anything. we’d have dudes come and spend an hour telling us their vision of heaven. and we’d believe it

god drat. thankfully I am much more brain and smart thinker now

i'm not at much of an atheist edgelord as i used to be but i didn't grow up religious or spiritual really at all and almost every time someone describes their time at church i wonder how the gently caress any of it makes any sense

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm not at much of an atheist edgelord as i used to be but i didn't grow up religious or spiritual really at all and almost every time someone describes their time at church i wonder how the gently caress any of it makes any sense
i always found church boring. also the barber

i literally cannot physically fathom how anyone gets any more out of it than a haircut

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I went to church like twice as a kid because my bored friend wanted me to keep him company. It sucked rear end and I stopped after the people all weirded me out too much

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i went every week for like 16.5 years its no big deal

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

i literally cannot physically fathom how anyone gets any more out of it than a haircut
I hate getting my hair cut so I guess that explains why I'm an atheist.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mystes posted:

:haibrower:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mystes posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_and_Delilah_(1949_film)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kenny Logins posted:

also same

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Chris Knight posted:

Calibri is the best Excel font. our corporate masters decided to unilaterally declare Arial as the default font for documents, and you can be drat sure i made sure to keep mine all set to Calibri lol

loving Arial in Excel is unusable

idk why but all our emails used to get defaulted to something like Helvetica light and it was completely unreadable

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:toot:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Kenny Logins posted:

I love getting my hair cut and keep it very short (receding hairline problems). I also get my beard lined up and feel fresh and clean afterwards

What I don’t understand is people who go to the barber without an appointment. Sure let me just go spend my Saturday at the barber shop. How long will I be there? Anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours depending on who’s in line

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I went to church every Sunday as a kid and watching the pastor verbally and mentally abuse his wife made me realize that maybe he wasn’t appointed by god and maybe he was just a dude with a job like any other dude with a job.

shout out to pastor Anderson for being an abusive dick and doing the exact opposite of your job description, starting me on the path of questioning all of it.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Was that part of the sermon or just overheard afterwards

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i have never been to a church except for funerals

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ADINSX posted:

she worked at the church and he was very much her boss, and she was very much his property

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think they call that tradcath these days

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

where da green alien babes at?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Preparing briefing...

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lol theres a bunch of these on archive.org

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mystes posted:

that feeling when you got an n800 and should have held out for the n810 with the slide out keyboard -_-

same. my kb was a bt tri-fold palm one

i had a 770 and the 800, i couldn't justify getting the 810 and then they killed the platform

still have the 800 though

i dug my n800 out the other week. it makes me want a weird little linux again

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i went every week for like 16.5 years its no big deal

same. it was catholic mass, so not too off-book or anything. the pastor kept a tight ship and is, as far as i know, still there

ADINSX posted:

the loud prayer to 'take my wife, please' was excessive

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

NinetySevenA posted:

get in loser, we're going to the future

delolian

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

i dug my n800 out the other week. it makes me want a weird little linux again

random weird linux: maemo doesn't protect the frame buffer device, so you can cause an actual snowcrash by cating /dev/urandom into /dev/fb0

mystes
May 31, 2006

random weird linux: maemo doesn't protect the frame buffer device, so you can cause an actual snowcrash by cating /dev/urandom into /dev/fb0
I feel like that probably wasn't as weird back when these things came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

at the time i think ubuntu and a few other distros did prevent writing directly to the frame buffer like that. which is why i was surprised when i discovered that i could in maemo