Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

learning to cobe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

a computer virus, H-IP

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

I think that guy's doing some sleight of hand poo poo tbh

he says he's a magician, i believe him. believe men.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

you're telling me there's a secret 4th hole?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

infernal machines posted:

...but it would attenuate her signal going into his head and returning, right?

maybe the other judge had an older model helmet without all the anti-psychic metal or maybe she was standing in a position that let her get a clear angle through the face area up to the brain and back

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

cowboy beepboop posted:

everyone post your closest pubs. here's mine.

idk about a pub, but this is my closest bar

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Truman Peyote posted:

yeah i've had gamer supps before (pouring mountain dew code red into my rectum)

baja blast my rear end

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
hmmm, i like boobs, but i'd prefer to not have boobs on cups and water bottles that i drink out of in public. quite the conundrum.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
when i want caffeine and coffee and tea arent enough i do a different nerd caffeine thing than everyone else so far, i chew caffeinated gum.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

I love Russian Circles

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

it didn't even give me an adventure game at all, stupid bot, and i asked for a conspiracy theory that would be absurd, not something everyone knows about

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
the real reason why a crewed mission to mars will probably be all women is because even at the same body weight, women have lower caloric requirements and so nasa can save a lot of mass on food supplies

also according to former astronaut mike mullane, roughly have of astronaut dudes are almost totally impotent in space and almost half of them get sudden erections all the time without meaning to, and that nasa tells astronauts to never mention if they do wind up having sex in space because everything about nasa missions is public and so people would find out and they worry they'd get funding cuts. since the vice president is in charge of nasa, we'd need a vice president that fucks to get nasa to be candid about space loving.

Large Testicles posted:

what the gently caress? why's it so regular?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_racket_theorem

or if you prefer videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VPfZ_XzisU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
wait, when was the last time the us had a vice president that hosed, was it LBJ?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
he is doing it as a metaphor. the blue represents heaven and inside on the jacket liner there are images of angels and poo poo, the red represents hell and the jacket liner has images of fire. the blue is made of sheep wool, the red is made of goat wool. i don't know what the metaphor is supposed to mean, i dont know why he went with full goat wool red pants, i don't know why he made his left side heavenly and his right side demonic instead of the christian tradition of those two being reversed. i just don't know what anything this dumbass is doing

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

echinopsis posted:

is milkshake duck a good or a bad thing

it's a term invented by a twitter user named pixelated boat almost 7 years ago about how sometimes you find out about something that suddenly becomes popular and everyone loves the newly popular thing but then it turns out that it has a history of something bad like racism/etc. that you didn't know about prior to finding out about it.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

mystes posted:

So would a cat and people love those things

my cats would only eat me after i died, i provide them with pets and cuddles until that point

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnHGlp0Ahzk

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

polyester concept posted:

no matter how you fancy-up instant ramen noodles, they still taste like cheap instant ramen noodles with the worst texture. if you are going to use fresh vegetables and eggs at least use some proper ramen imo

i like the texture of nissin raoh instant ramen noodles, those are the only ones i've found that have a decent texture

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i can't find the youtube video for it, probably because i suck at searching, but that 火車 Train had me inspired to make one out of this one
https://i.imgur.com/pTGnpOV.mp4
but since i didn't find the video i gave up. that's my story, thanks for reading

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

here you go, i couldn't get it to scale correctly tho cause my video editor wont go that small and the gif is a weird frame rate i couldn't reproduce

https://i.imgur.com/h5LebfC.mp4

the weird frame rate is because that comes from a youtube video that somebody downloaded and posted to twitter and then i downloaded the video as a gif using some website that would let you do that, i was trying to find the original youtube video that it all came from but failed

this is the best fire train of the night

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i got a job from linkedin once and one time a former coworker propositioned me to have an affair with her (i did not accept)

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Video Nasty posted:

goon meets weren't always terrible :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7gi57NJDds

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

i have never knowingly met another sa person

i know and occasionally interact with 5 or 6 goons but us being goons is just incidental we never talk about the forums. discovered the identity of a goon in january when he posted a picture of a gathering at a bar we were at to a friend discord and saw that he was in a goon discord too when i looked at mutual servers

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

You need electricity to power the little buzzing needle machines that do hundreds of pokes a minute. Before that people would do things like tap the ink into the skin with a sharpened stick and a little mallet. Much slower.

my wife and i gave each other little heart stick-and-poke tattoos back in january 2021 and it took way longer than i would have thought for such a small little thing

i wanna get a real one but i'm lazy and the one time i did get motivated enough to try to get it, the artist said no because the thing i wanted was an early space soviet themed thing and the artist didn't like that it included a hammer and sickle.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

lol oof. you live in one of the poo poo states huh

yes (they're all poo poo), but lol, i'm in san francisco

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
anchovies rule, sardines rule, kippers rule, i also like canned trout, canned salmon, canned mackerel, canned tuna, etc. those chinese canned fried dace with black beans plus some rice and a little veg are a really good quick and easy weeknight meal

i don't have any cupboards.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

"squart" is a funny word, but I'm much more vexed by how he turned "orgasm" into "oegamiom." It really bothers me.

Like with spelling errors in student essays, I can pretty much always tell whether it was a typo or an attempt at a phonetic spelling. One of my favorite ones for instance was "accholy," which is "actually" the way a valley girl says it.

Oegamiom is too hosed up to be a typo and it can't be phonetic because it doesn't even have an R or an S. What is it??

i do electrical permits, and when i'm doing my permit drawings i will intentionally introduce one thing that is incredibly wrongly spelled into a non-electrical sheet. i labeled an existing gazebo as (E) GLAZYBOW this week. one weird trick, building departments do not care.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

do you do this in case they're copied or just because? lol

i started doing it when i was at a larger company and they had approved permits as an annual metric for performance bonuses but would use a different team to update permits when the crews installed differently enough that the permit drawings needed to be updated to pass inspection, and the system they used to track that would lose who originally did the drawings, so this was a stupid thing i did to make it a little faster to prove i was the original person working on it to get an extra few hundred bucks a year, but then I found it really funny and kept doing it.

also, i've found plan checkers do notice and will sometimes mention it just in an email or phonecall, but i've never had any reject a permit for a typo in something unrelated to the project, and the vast majority of plan checkers find it funny and become more willing to respond to me quickly and work with me on things when things actually need a variance or if there is an issue of some kind when they see it's the guy that is hiding stupid typos in random sheets.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbZ4CKWADRA

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i really liked ai art prior to midjourney, it was so wonky and fun when it spit out things that were only vaguely what you were asking if you squinted. now they're trying to make it a business to replace actual artists and photographers and stuff and that sucks.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

he may have scored a cool goal, but he lives in ohio, so in the end, still sad for the guy.

i'm going to an avs at sharks game in a couple weeks and the sharks suck so bad that their tickets are affordable so a friend of mine are gonna be up against the glass on the penalty box wearing jerseys of a 3rd/4th liner that the avs picked up from the sharks this year and because the player in question grew up in long beach we're gonna listen to sublime on caltrain on the way down. i'm loving excited

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/DUjB3cx.mp4

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

cave sounds nice tbh

i'd like to spend all my time in the cave, only emerging to squeal in delight and dance a little jig every time a royal dies

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i have a bemis toilet seat because i needed a toilet seat and i couldn't stop laughing when i saw the word bemis

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

adults are perfectly capable of holding two conflicting ideas in their minds at once. effortlessly rotating them, even

that's the dialectic, baby.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i want a pallet of these to use as my bathroom candles.
https://twitter.com/granitelefty/status/1652124013605298177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

there wasn't really any shock value in that. it's an integrated baseball team rallying around their (black) teammate to fight off the klan and then one of the klansmen is an alien

it's a negro league team (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro_league_baseball), the roswell grays that is playing an exhibition game against a minor league white team, the southwest allstars, and utterly dominated them. it turns out that the best player on the roswell grays is actually an alien, specifically a gray, who has abandoned the grays mission on earth to just play baseball, and he chose to disguise himself as a black guy because he thought he'd never get noticed, but the yankees scouted him and thought he was good enough that they offered him a contract, which brought him to the attention of the alien secret police, more or less, and one of them disguised themselves as a kkk member to try to kill him