Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Another Bill posted:

You're Physical Media is a Piece of poo poo

wanna knowuts on those disks tho :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Sapozhnik posted:

time to post my favorite (recent) tweet again

https://twitter.com/GodofEep/status/1578548727526043648
as someone who considers themselves as fitting in the far lower left quadrant of that chart

i unironically agree with this assessment

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Chris Knight posted:

unbelievable!

whoa!

emf
Aug 1, 2002

rotor posted:

but seriously i will never use the robot cashier because i am a luddite and i would smash the machines given the slightest opportunity

for your edification:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMzdyesno_Y

emf
Aug 1, 2002

tmesis posted:

I always skip the self checkouts and go to the lanes with cashiers and think to myself "i ain't no scab", unless the cashier lines are too long then I go to self checkout

some places are going all self-checkout at the low-volume times i like to shop

it doesn't even make sense from a labor cost saving standpoint since they still have the robo-tender present and a cashier could check out the sporadic traffic easily and much faster than the bumbling, bleary-eyed, anti-social loser, luddites like me, so there are sometimes lines for the self-checkout

if I have a lot of groceries i can usually ask a manager (who always seem to be standing around watching the person watching the robots) to check me out, but if not i have no problem leaving a cart full of groceries and just coming back some other time

joke's on me though, one time I was asked why I wouldn't use the self-checkout and it was a little embarrassing to have to explain what a "scab" is

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

that is one of my two favorite political compasses. (the original said "genocide" instead of "grooming")

this is the other

emf posted:

as someone who considers themselves as fitting in the far lower left quadrant of that chart

i unironically agree with this assessment
:wink:

emf
Aug 1, 2002

mobby_6kl posted:

Yospos, beach!

turn your monitor off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Armitag3 posted: