Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

i literally cannot physically fathom how anyone gets any more out of it than a haircut
My one hour haircut is like 20 mn chopping and 40 min shampoo/headrub. feelsgoodman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

mystes posted:

Are tattoos not done by hand now?
tebori uses no powered tools. It legit takes forever.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

fermun posted:

i wanna get a real one but i'm lazy and the one time i did get motivated enough to try to get it, the artist said no because the thing i wanted was an early space soviet themed thing and the artist didn't like that it included a hammer and sickle.
your artist is a little B

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Fluorescein is a hell of a drug

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

akadajet posted:

"Why do you not like US public transportation?" I'm asked.
This is just water with a tracing agent to help them find the leak.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

infernal machines posted:

it's probably just a camera artifact then
No, RC packs (especially the cheap, large kind) usually come pre-swelled or swell slightly with use.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

lmao the actual endurance whips are 10s a lap faster at equal horsepower. LM(d)H/IMSA top classes are essentially the same. nascar drools forever.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 13, 2023

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

jammyozzy posted:

I work at a place that smells like gear oil. You go nose blind to it mercifully quickly, but if I take more than a few days off the first hit of it when I get in the door is rough

VOC's are no joke and you shouldn't ignore it if you can afford it.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

rotor posted:

hell yeah, i had one of the antecs on the far right
Saaaaame. It served as house server for the dorm ~6 years after I left.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

wargames posted:

yep, I will have 48v solar panels and big one, so 30-40a into forward motion during sunny days. so a good 2-3 knts.
Can you regen when sailing or did you keep the folding prop?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

split the difference and install two motors
put it inline as a starter-generator :coolfish:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

*yawn* i'll just pull over here

can't park here mate

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

that gimbal looks *sweet*

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

here comes yospos

:kiss:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Drone racing is insane, from a spectators viewpoint why is the order of the gates so not obvious?
Because it allows way more maneuvering in a physically limited area (video transmitters are locked to 25mw). Laps are still very short so you'll visualize them with your eyes closed after half an hour of practice.

Actual first person view of a fast lap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7_Psc5cXNY

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 31, 2023

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

lmbo

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

rotor posted:

the sea is scary and you can die in it but also fun and octopuses live there so its impossible to say whether its bad or not
real talk: sea, desert and high alpine can all be super fun and also kill you loving dead before you have a chance to do much of anything if you go at them wrong. be safe and have fun y'all.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

rotor posted:

the new citroen amis are where the good stuff is at

All cars are dumb AF, but especially all cars meant for cities.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

post hole digger posted:

in the photos app, if you go to albums > people, pets, and places, then tap people & pets and find your face, tapping on it should bring up all of the photos your phone has identified you in.
gahd-dahmnn

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

peak design language goddamn

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

my friend had a minidisc player. i was so jealous until i found out that he had to put music on it by playing it on his computer and doing audio-out to the disc player just like a tape. i think the workflow eventually got better than that, but not _that_ much better. and yikes.
Yeah I had a player for a while but the instant mp3 players became semi-viable I never looked back. That and carrying a brace of minidiscs for trips etc got old real fast, since you couldn't de-box them like CDs.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I'm DNR

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

new page:

duz posted:

see how far he's stretching it? i can only open mine like this big around

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

you seen the ms-01? things a fuckin HOSS lol

https://store.minisforum.com/products/minisforum-ms-01

3 m2 slots, 2 2.5G ports, 2 10G-ready SFP ports, and a single slot half height pcie x16

oh and an adapter that lets you use one of the m.2 slots for a u.2 drive if you're inclined to grab one of those 7.68tb fuckers
Why the gently caress don't they sell this in a NAS box??????