Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
hail aho
hail sethi
hail ullman

(hail lam, too, although the edition i used was from before she became a co-author)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/ass_beaters/status/1627877494673010688

lol @ the absolutely random collection of things that are thrown

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

No one wants to drop a wrench on the aston martin thats sitting in the back waiting for parts.
i want to

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
greenpos curpremacy

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
mmmm spaghetti and a fried egg, just like mom used to make :yum:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
dont doxx tori

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beeftweeter posted:

paying sir patrick stewart to say "figma balls" would be prohibitively expensive
and yet totally worth it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i've met a bunch of yosposters and I would have dinner with every single one of em again given the oppty
yeah but thats only because you might score another ad&d 1e players handbook for free

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fart Sandwiches posted:

one of the friends I see the most often is a goon tho and he lurks yospos and the discord :ninja:
tell ur friend to :justpost:

im sure he has many terrible computer ideas and opinions to add to our already overflowing forum of terrible computer ideas and opinions

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

akadajet posted:

I'm the rat
dominic!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

drat i gotta get me a fuckin labradorite orb
planning on doing some ponderin', eh?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

hb people's poet :toot: :rip:

:rip: rik mayall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK-vUY6erQU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

that's how it starts. next thing you know it's stealing your meds.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
og itunes was great because it did a limited number of things (manage mp3 files, assemble them into playlists, and then output them to burned cds or an ipod) and the ui handled all that very well

the problem was that they kept adding new features to it (buying music, renting movies, subscribing to podcasts, handling multiple devices with multiple accounts, listening to live streams, backing up mobile phones, and on and on) and just shoving them into the pre-existing ui, and the whole thing became completely incoherent and confused

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dang. Those were fun times
there was also the 'gizmo' theme

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
gizmo* theme

* latest fad

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

there was a brief period when it had official theming support from apple. I think that image is actually one of the stock themes. there was another one that looked like dark mode. no idea if there were ever any third party themes, this was in the last days of macos classic and the first os x release dropped support
the gizmo and drafting table themes were shown off in sneak previews of upcoming versions of (classic) mac os in the 1990s. apple was so bad at actually getting os software out the door that they stayed stuck as sneak previews for years and years. meanwhile, third-party projects (like kaleidoscope) cloned the previewed themes (and added a ton of their own) so apple ended up being beaten to the punch by people cloning (and finishing) their demos

i think those modes were never actually released except as developer-only previews - but it didnt matter, because kaleidoscope et al gave you the same functionality anyway

there is a reason why one of the big changes jobs made to apple when he returned was no more sneak previews and cracking down hard on leaks

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't think that's really ben franklin
the real ben franklin would have his pants off already

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

me reading ur posts

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Anti-Information Terrorists struck at the World Tower Case in New York today

panther moderns :argh:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i was gonna be some obscure thing in teh background but i have instead decided to be the gummi bears
a wise choice

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Large Testicles posted:

seriously, look at this poo poo zoomed in, it looks like loving garbage on a high res monitor
is your monitors brightness set to zero?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the saturn license plate frame really is the detail that ties that whole picture together

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rip: moose milkie

maker of the only good yospost

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

Girls: essentially birds
you may fascinate a woman by giving her a piece of cheese

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

*chanting*

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
ddont doxx sagebrush

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/winterm00n_/status/1640351330320502784

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
we used to be a proper country, dammit

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/RetroTechDreams/status/1640158203580383232

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/christhefriend/status/1640065686008479749

would make a p deece av for someone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenny Logins posted:

the earliest known centrist, relegated to the trash-bin of history, a minor curio whose works and thoughts, if any, are forgotten. i can live with this
per wikipedia medjed is all over the place politically

quote:

Greenfield papyrus, sheet 12. Medjed is depicted on far-right, with feet facing both directions.

quote:

Greenfield papyrus, sheet 76. Medjed is depicted on centre-left, with both feet facing the right.
so this tracks

he also has laser vision

quote:

Spell 17 mentions, amongst many other obscure gods, one Medjed (meaning "The Smiter"), in the following line:

I know the name of that Smiter among them, who belongs to the House of Osiris, who shoots with his eye, yet is unseen.[4]

E. A. Wallis Budge interpreted the corresponding passage in the New Kingdom Papyri, known as the "Theban Recension of the Book of the Dead" as follows:

I know the being Mātchet [Medjed] who is among them in the House of Osiris, shooting rays of light from [his] eye, but who himself is unseen. He goeth round about heaven robed in the flame of his mouth, commanding Hāpi, but remaining himself unseen.[5][A]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medjed

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

check this out. see how everything is clearly identified, identifiable, and differentiated?

do you think this technology was lost to time?

RETVRN

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm the 425 Bungholio marks

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
BARON'S EXTREME ULTRAMARATHON