Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Roosevelt posted:

:radcat: look what i got

i should have cleaned the mirror first but u get what u get

Make some more god drat shirts!!!! ECHI!!!!!! please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
AI content generators are scabs. I'm a union poster and I say gently caress em!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

echinopsis posted:

took a photo of my honda fit other night

looking tight fam

They need to make a civic type R version of this one minus the tacky red poo poo and spoiler.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Pooping instantly sounds horrific depending on how literal it's meant.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Apparently the living computer museum closed down, is there any secondary computer museum to see in Seattle?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

rotor posted:

just show up at billgs house, he'll show you around the place

I'm doing that tuesday I need something to do monday.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
That's super sick! I'm going for sure thank you.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Unfortunately the connections museum is only open on Sundays! Is there a 3rd place best computer museum in Seattle open on weekdays?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
John wick is a movie about how cool it would be to plan and carry out a mass shooting in, for example, a nightclub.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You call that heavy? Don't make me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hzBh0J1YFU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I know this is impossible but it would be really funny if his socks stayed on and the missile hit him in the foot.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Wifi has worked really well on linux for about 10 years now. YOU loving IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

infernal machines posted:

only in yospos could a decade old shitpost about wifi result in an entire page of earnest posting about how to get audio working in linux

These are posts about additional features you can use even beyond audio working. It's like working2.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The monitor of damocles

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

rotor posted:

how do you claim to invent something like that

First patent filed at the patent office wins.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SamDabbers posted:

must've been one of the extraneous micro services elon turned off. 1200 is just too many

All reviews are now based on lines of code written.
Why do we have so many microservices??

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

w00tmonger posted:

Weird flashback

wow so the idea was you put that in your butt?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_yxMdNJFI

2003 chess match in which Gary Kasparov plays in "virtual reality" using 3d glasses.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Wild EEPROM posted:

lets bring back “salt to taste” to mean “salt until you can taste it and then stop” and not “salt until it tastes good”

Dangerous advice during covid.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

akadajet posted:

man, I don't know what happened to google reverse image search, but it's useless now.

Its called Google Lens now.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Can I interest them in a puppy or perhaps a pretty flower from my sweetie?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

canyoneer posted:

drove by a park today and my seven year old pointed out the geese and called them "a horde of gooses"

So what you're saying is there were between 50 and 99 of them.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I'm firmly in the "if you end something's life for food you should use as much of it as possible" camp. I was a kitchen kid (My mom worked in restaurants a lot) and learned really early to eat kinds of food. Organ meats were something I became used to by the time I was 9.

The issue people have with foie gras isn't that you're eating organ meat...

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Filled with Tories :hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6tpI1_ASE

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

They should leave it on the summit so the mountain gets taller and you have re-climb every few years to have climbed the tallest mountain.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
They just don't want to admit that their 35% keyboard doesn't have a - or | key on it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just make the graphics card into the new motherboard and plug the processor into it. Its like 10x heavier than current mobos, it should lie flat in the case and screw in securely.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Beeftweeter posted:

oh wow that's pretty cool

yeah and definitely not the harbinger of a hellish AI nightmare

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Kenny Logins posted:

i don't recall bubsy or ristar having particularly good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2W70QRrtY

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
All the reddit comments in that thread are saying its not true, the camera really is that good, physics be damned.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Managers at my company begging for more pages like they're a blue motherfucker stuck in a myst book.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I have a RAID 10 of WD blues with a bunch of movies and shows on it, but I don't feel attacked because there's no danger of a woman seeing it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Here's a fun one, the composer of X-men: Clone Wars for sega genesis was in a band called Information Society and they had a few songs that reached the charts. He used one for the title track:

Timestamped to 5:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ghsIQhMlY&t=336s

When I was a kid I always thought this was suspiciously catchy and it was pretty cool to learn about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7fGkcpci0

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sagebrush posted:

i also don't "follow" him so it's just weird to see people doing this at all

While its weird to take too much interest in someone you don't know, its also weird to take too much disinterest. Like basically he's an interesting person who lived an interesting life and if you read his website you can learn some very positive things about how its cool to be different and how people can contribute to the world in their own way with their own skills whatever those are.

So basically I'm not going to drive out to the meet-up but if I see a repost once a year about how he's doing good that's chill.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

mystes posted:

The issue isn't having empathy for Nazis, the issue is when you're like "hahaha they're eugenicists but they're the ones who are ugly so they have bad genes" you're basically endorsing eugenics

So you had to pick between "this is rhetorical device designed to expose the hypocrisy of these nazis" and "people in yospos believe ugly people shouldn't reproduce" and you went with the 2nd one?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Meet me in cspam if you want an rear end kicking. I won't unleash my full power in yospos it's rude.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm uglier than all them motherfuckers, so for me its punching up.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

PIZZA.BAT posted:

it's one of the few avs that's allowed to break the 'avs with faces must look to the right' rule because it looks like it's gesturing the post that's being made while dismissively looking away

lol true

The writing on the wall in my avatar is a testament to this rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sagebrush posted:

You need electricity to power the little buzzing needle machines that do hundreds of pokes a minute. Before that people would do things like tap the ink into the skin with a sharpened stick and a little mallet. Much slower.

Maybe for you.