Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Video Nasty posted:

It needed a little something 🔊
https://i.imgur.com/0zPFpfO.mp4

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

the convo with the cops and two witnesses in the front afterwards: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMCcCyuPeQ&start=54

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

my parents sent me to a stealth jesus camp thinking it was just a normal summer camp. everything started off pretty normal but the youth pastors got crazier and crazier as the week went on. in one of the talks sermons there was a pc sitting on a table with a lone AIM logon window. the speaker pastor comes out and is giving the usual youth talk until about 15 minutes in he takes a sledgehammer out from behind the table and just starts smashing the poo poo out of the pc. this was back before LCD screens so we're talking a big rear end CRT monitor just getting demolished. in any other case all us young teens would have been going wild but it just scared the poo poo out of all of us. he then turns to us and literally red-faced screams, 'THAT MESS CAN SIT THERE FOR AS MANY MILLIONS OF YEARS AS YOU WANT AND LIFE WILL NEVER COME FROM IT'

i was so stunned at how loving dumb that was that i completely tuned out the rest of his talk. i legit don't remember what he said after that, or what any of the other speakers had to say afterwards. comparing evolution to a head of silicon was just so idiotic that my 13 year old mind had trouble fully grasping it. that was one of many key moments where i not only learned to distrust self-proclaimed authority figures but also organized religion in general. thanks, mom & dad

sounds like they were trying to dissuade you from becoming a computer toucher, probably good advice imo

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

pseudorandom name posted:

sommelier, falconer, same difference

one hocks wines, the other whines about hawks

:xd: