Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Simlife had the mutations and the OO LA LA sound effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

echinopsis posted:

animals just gotta life long enough to fucc

sometimes I wonder about bird feeders made from beef tallow and if it’s giving them atherosclerosis but even if it does does it matter? if in fact it means they have more energy and have moire babes that’s a good thing
Birds are so far from humans and mammals I wouldn't be sure they'd have the same process as causes heart goo at all

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

rotor posted:

has anyone had any luck getting their eye dude to actually give you your prescription in writing?
Yes. My optometrist handed it to me on a slip, and I believe Lenscrafters will do so automatically as well. I'm not sure they'd actually be allowed to purposefully conceal medical information from you.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Wow, that's some rear end in a top hat move. I was concerned about being able to get my prescription in a form to take home so i could buy more pairs from Zenni. what sort of questions should i ask up front?

Note that I do intend to buy one or two pairs from the place i go to for my exam; i'm going to give them some business. but the whole exercise is to get my prescription so i can buy a dozen pairs of hosed up weird glasses from china
You're paying them for the eye exam, aren't you? ('You" may be "your insurance" of course)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

if they intentionally gave you the wrong prescription out of spite for not buying from them, that is huge malpractice and you'd be rich

e: to be clear, when the guy gave me the one without IPD, that's not a wrong prescription. it's just incomplete and they can't make the glasses without that figure. any optometrist can measure it in 10 seconds, but i couldn't have completed an online order without it.
There are phone apps you can use which give a pretty plausible result. Zenni also has various tools you can allegedly use.

I used a phone app and ordered Zenni glasses and if they're off it's by a tiny, tiny amount, enough that I'm still basically getting the full benefit.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

to be clear on the glasses, the apps I used are only for pupil distance, and I believe they have a way to allow for individual eye pupil distance.

Zenni also obviously does not sell contacts, at least to my knowledge

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

consider the thanksgiving brisket.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

and then the CMAs tried to revoke it from lil nas until billy ray cyrus walked him through the door with his version. meanwhile it was like the first time nails got a top billboard something or other
it's probably bullshit but the idea of billy ray cyrus hearing lil nas x and going "this guy rules! I need to collab with him!" is heartwarming

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

lol mcdonalds straw bowl

yeah she was saying it's actually weird that western folk tales are mostly morality tales crafted into making people behave themselves, lol. sometimes you just wanna hear a story about a sleepy bear that gender swaps after eating too much cilantro, you know?
Didn't they get like manipulated into that by the Grimms or other folklore collection analysts, and previously only had messages along the lines of "weird poo poo happens in the woods, so stay out"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

dip your toothbrush in the whiskey you use to dull the pain of posting

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magnetic-shield-mars-atmosphere.html

apparently the boffins figured out a way to do this, probably, though uh the scale of their predicted changes is surprising, it sounds like doing this would fairly quickly make Mars, not habitable, but "meaningfully less desolate"

however this doesn't involve any slaves, so I doubt Musk is interested

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

rotor posted:

i would just move to a different apartment
in THIS economy?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The technical term here is "a shanda fur die goyim"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I was gonna say "applesauce, dashboards didn't look like that" but I guess by the 70s they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

david bowie is learning greek, i tell you

(on shirt back) greek!