Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Do you remember the 60s when computers were all sleek and futuristic

awww yeah

burning swine
May 26, 2004

burning swine
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I had the HP Jornada version:

I've posted it before but this bizzare little thing came across my desk in ~2009

running windows vista

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

those are some sweet stickers

how else are we supposed to know it has bluetooth??

burning swine
May 26, 2004

uh
ok dictionary.com
thanks

burning swine
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I love that, I bought one of these ages ago and while it was cool, it was impossible to use

i mean if you hooked up a real keyboard and mouse and screen it was

still an intel atom

burning swine
May 26, 2004

burning swine
May 26, 2004

aw frig aw dang it posted:

It's cool that they can just grind up some random-rear end plants and poison people with 'em

good system we got going

they're plants maaaaaaaaaan, plants never hurt anybody

burning swine
May 26, 2004

same kind of thinking that landed vitamin E oil in a bunch of vape carts

positive thinking will gently caress you up, be careful

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Kernel Sanders posted:

ughn, reminds me of every ship going full throttle 100% of the time in expanse

I mean idk how else you expect it to explode that space station

burning swine
May 26, 2004

tax

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I've tried dlss in a bunch of games and turned it off p much every time, but ymmv may vary if you're looking at a 4k tv across a room instead of a 1440p monitor one foot away

dlss, unfortunately, isn't really a viable idea if you're actually close enough to be bothered by, for example, AA being off or whatever

burning swine
May 26, 2004

polyester concept posted:

if you watch carefully that is way weirder than it first seems

lol I had to watch it again

I'm vaguely reminded of that Kylie Minogue video from ~2002 where every time she walks around the block each extra gets duplicated

burning swine
May 26, 2004

the american sicko bit that this thread did a week ago or so got me thinking of possible images I could make. I had thought to do something like Bateman standing behind Leto's character as he sits on the couch, with sicko guy's head on Bateman. Turns out there is no shot with both of them like that though, and somebody had already done about the closest thing. Anyway, I used the opportunity to update my infamous win10 wallpaper with high quality sources instead. I posted it in the MS thread, but I know a bunch of people saved off copies of the older, crappier one, so i'm reposting it here in glorious 8k:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

hah

didn't pay it too much mind the first time around, but she really does a great job selling the constantly accumulating despair of this cruel earth

burning swine
May 26, 2004

still a more earnest attempt at AI than dall e

burning swine
May 26, 2004

burning swine
May 26, 2004

sexy windows 10 volume mixer shortcut

burning swine
May 26, 2004

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A REFLECTION INTO MY MIRROR. ITS A CLOWN AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONG WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, PAGLIACCI

lmfao

content:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I've never met a yosposter but I absolutely cherish the powerbook 5300ce that beep sent me for yosmas :shobon:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

a lot of the itunes hate was from two sources imo

1. windows users; it was legitimately worse on windows
2. people with ridiculously huge music libraries

also there were people that didn't want their data in a "library" style app (see also: iphoto) and resented having to use one to sync their music

one of the factors that lead to a lot of nerd rage (probably from the same people with giant libraries) was that iTunes had no compunction against taking a carefully janitored music collection and moving files, renaming them, overwriting tags, deleting album art, and outright deleting your entire library off of the disk if somebody plugged the wrong ipod in. Lead to a small number of very loud complaints.

as for foobar it's ludicrously barebones out of the box but I just put together one layout 20 years ago and haven't had to janitor it since :shrug:

still looking for a good music player on linux though :(

burning swine
May 26, 2004

heh

do you remember finder, from right now

burning swine
May 26, 2004

any day now google is going to announce that every chrome tab is going to launch its own full stack VM to get closer to the metal

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

seriously, look at this poo poo zoomed in, it looks like loving garbage on a high res monitor. you would never notice until you're at this resolution though

Most likely caused by your DPI settings, especially if you're at some step other than 100% or 200%

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Beksiński vibes

burning swine
May 26, 2004

put a little orb on each one with a semicircle of disheveled wizards huddling around it

burning swine
May 26, 2004

ADINSX posted:

Will add this to my list of bemis thoughts, thanks

bemis graduate reporting in, ama

burning swine
May 26, 2004

never feed your tires after midnight

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

hey which one of ya'll made this win10 sickos wallpaper: https://pileofgarbage.net/misc/win10-sicko-bswine-8k.jpg? i know it was someone here in the 'POS, just looking to give credit where it's due.

it was me, my finest and only contribution to yospos

burning swine
May 26, 2004

aww yeah catchin' up on the ole image thread

did a US power outlet hurt you, hbag

did you burn down someone's house with a penny

tax:

from this tumblr

burning swine
May 26, 2004

oh he got you, he got your rear end

burning swine
May 26, 2004

the ole twin mustang is cool as heck. Its most notable use was as an early radar-equipped night fighter, with a giant radar pod slung between the two fuselages. This variant was called the "long dong"

the air force also made an attempt to improve the firepower of the aircraft over the original 6x 50-cal machine guns: the installation of a gun pod directly underneath with an additional 8x M2s bringing the total to an absurd 14x 50 cal guns, all centrally mounted with no need to worry about convergence or anything.

it didn't solve any of the plane's actual problems though, so this version wasn't ever used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

good Ole Benny shaps

a never-ending font of self-ownage

much like my posting