Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
he actually signed a contract without a lawyer or accountant looking at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
hey they are widening the highway, better build a subdivision in the middle of nowhere without a grocery store or school.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The Floppotron 3.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCCXRerqaJI

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

kinda sad this tweet has 2m views and the original youtube has 0.5m

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

total THC: 35.07%

which is a fuckload

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Video Nasty posted:

Obsessed with this "chicken and waffles" pizza from Ohio

not enough starch, needs some rice

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i got a bunch of left over hydromorphones from when I broke my shoulder a couple years ago, but I smoked a ton of weed that month

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
it was before twillio, twilio actually verifies phones numbers before letting you spoof caller id

pretty sure scam calls exploded with just asterisk boxes and fly by night voip providers that let you spoof caller id

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
must of ran out of drugs

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
for apartment ethernet these 50ft White Monoprice Micro SlimRun cables are nice, they are as thick as rj-11 so you can use really small clips, also had no problem using a coupler with 2 of them to get 100ft.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNQtQWjX-sA

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
at filipino thanksgiving the turkey is just one of like 6 meat dishes so you can just not eat it

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Eeyo posted:

yeah but you could just send 4 dudes instead.

we don't have an artificial womb yet
gotta seed mars with a bunch of embryos and handmaids

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
someday I want to go to the top of Everest

by helicopter of course, it’s been done before

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
foobar2000 was a good platform for making a music player

itunes was fine if your metadata was perfect, it sucked because of drm and syncing, you can copy music to your ipod but never the other way or even add music from 2 different computers without wiping everything
really a good music player would have no drm and let you copy in and out like napster

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i had a 17" samsung, it looked incredibly yellow beside my new 24" lcd in 2006, i still have the 24" and it looks incredibly yellow compared to my mac

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Large Testicles posted:

noctua stuff is really good even if the color scheme clashes with everything else.

nothing beats a hyper 212 for the price tho. i had my PC out in an uninsulated garage in NorCal and the CPU would only hit 70f during CPU rendering even in the summer. the 360mm water cooler i had on there until it started cavitating would get to like 67f so not a huge improvement for something that costs like 6x the price

I just built a pc last week and the hyper 212 has been obsoleted by the thermalright peerless assassin se. It’s a noctua clone that’s as good as the real thing and costs $33.90 on Amazon.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

only if they are enforcing eminent domain

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

gotta watch the video that goes with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwbp9T-WS-I

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
they are going to blanket ban butt plugs in mri machines and that's just going to hurt people that do proper butt plug due diligence and test ferromagnetism themselves

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

i hope that clears things up and prevents you from repeating this mistake in the future!

every time I see this it makes me want to make a gnu less Linux using clang musl and powershell

edit:
nice https://chimera-linux.org

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
looks like its too hot and chars to black, like when I try to use my dab torch to cook food because it runs at 2500f

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i was at wedding reception that open bar for like an hour then it was cash, also it was on a sunday

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

sap bankrupted the startup
cobol failed because it couldn’t process in real-time

j2ee and vb.net actually got to market

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I’ve had 3 iPhone SE’s in a row and the battery life sucks
I’m going all out in the next iPhone now that I’m finally a 6 figgie fucktard

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
uhh doesn't that mean you going to die or end your career

it would actually be a funny self deprecating joke if elon had any awareness

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
how about a multilevel interconnected network of bike tunnels that allow you to get anywhere in a city by coasting downhill to an elevator

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Eeyo posted:

i want to get an e-bike, supposedly they're even better for emissions than regular bikes since it's less intensive to power the battery than to power the bike with food.

i don't like the look of a lot of them though, it's all fat tires with giant blocky frames.

looks like a cybertruck bike

if you got money to burn the Specialized Turbo Creo looks like a normal road bike

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
counterpoint rasterization peaked with crysis with an hd texture pack

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

laserghost posted:

This reminds me of the list of the very first mp3s that were released by a pirate group:

and now I'm wondering what software was used to rip those

i remember xing was one of the first and its why people (neil young) think mp3s suck

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
that's a bit a bit of a stretch

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Large Testicles posted:

i'm fully doing a heroic dose of shrooms if i ever make it back to somewhere i can buy them, i think it'll fix me. i'd rather do acid but A: that poo poo is really hard to find now and B: good acid is even harder to find

they are common in Canada now

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
it bugged me when he said we don't have nice trains because that's the price of freedom, like no other country has nice trains and freedom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I still have zero understanding why companies keep trying to make transparent screens a thing.

the only transparent screen i want is a watch, would be pretty cool to see the time just floating on my wrist