Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Putting that worm in while the quest to remove it remains unimplemented for a while (and will probably force you to explore there for a while anyway) is a very blatant trap for the guys who have 1+ million stamina banked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Yeah, it ate like 10k of my 2.6m stam yesterday when I ran into it.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Do you guys have different sets for the craftworks depending on night/day? If so how are you playing it?

So far I have twine-rope-net which is very handy for exploring the forest as you don’t need to keep going back to the workshop to make the nets but it’s not going to make any nets overnight until the raptors drop the antlers.

I also have board-wagon wheel just to try and GM that and not waste the hourly boards.

I have 5 slots and am wondering if I really needed that many.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

rafikki posted:

Yeah, it ate like 10k of my 2.6m stam yesterday when I ran into it.

According to Discord, the sandworm takes 10% of your stamina, capped at 10,000.

I'm personally burning down my stamina reserves so I can do some farming without too much fear. Some people on Discord have also found this is finally a good use case for Expeditions:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Unponderable posted:

According to Discord, the sandworm takes 10% of your stamina, capped at 10,000.

I'm personally burning down my stamina reserves so I can do some farming without too much fear. Some people on Discord have also found this is finally a good use case for Expeditions:

Genius idea, sending out an expedition before they nerf or remove it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
When Farmworks?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Farm RPG dev
https://twitter.com/sixinchbeys/status/1555312974792986624

Got level 90 in the tower, the final AK points from white parchment grand mastery - thanks toilet paper quests. And I’ll get enough soap overnight to buy the tp I need to finish the quest it off.

One of my raptors was in the 200s the other day when leagues come in. Having done nothing but make sure he has sword and shield he’s dropped down to 1400s. It really doesn’t feel like you have much influence over them being good or bad but the soap keeps stacking up so I’ll take it and ignore the ladder.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is there a way to make the game NOT select your most recently bought seed? I accidentally planted beets instead of cabbage because I bought beet seeds for the exchange center.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a way to make the game NOT select your most recently bought seed? I accidentally planted beets instead of cabbage because I bought beet seeds for the exchange center.

There’s a farm settings button all the way down at the bottom of the farm page. You can change the plant all button to do different things, but that’s not exactly what you’re looking for unfortunately.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

DRINK ME posted:

Farm RPG dev
https://twitter.com/sixinchbeys/status/1555312974792986624

Got level 90 in the tower, the final AK points from white parchment grand mastery - thanks toilet paper quests. And I’ll get enough soap overnight to buy the tp I need to finish the quest it off.

One of my raptors was in the 200s the other day when leagues come in. Having done nothing but make sure he has sword and shield he’s dropped down to 1400s. It really doesn’t feel like you have much influence over them being good or bad but the soap keeps stacking up so I’ll take it and ignore the ladder.

Ever since I was told that corn jail was real... it's felt good

I got one of my raptors into first place in their league and it just stuck me at the bottom of another league. I think it's worth nothing more than bragging rights in global

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You can dig up the seeds using shovels. Annoying but not a big deal.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
drat. Just got my first 100k for boards and 250m is quite the injection when I was grinding around 20m/day. Though Craftworks means I'm not voiding a ton of wood overnight now so that is improving as well.

I assume the prudent investment is 100m farm row and 100m inventory boost? I have 280m now.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Storehouse for inventory first. Then probably keeping your orchard production maxed, then farm row and/or more sawmill production, depending on whether you've got access to good exploration locations, your skill levels, etc.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Arcturas posted:

Storehouse for inventory first. Then probably keeping your orchard production maxed, then farm row and/or more sawmill production, depending on whether you've got access to good exploration locations, your skill levels, etc.

Thanks. Up to ember lagoon right now. 69/67/78/74 skills. Did the storehouse, will ponder on the orchard upgrades. At 215/352/135 in the orchard. Sawmill seems like the fastest way to my next 250m assuming it's the same reward now that I can automatically not void more stuff.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Thanks. Up to ember lagoon right now. 69/67/78/74 skills. Did the storehouse, will ponder on the orchard upgrades. At 215/352/135 in the orchard. Sawmill seems like the fastest way to my next 250m assuming it's the same reward now that I can automatically not void more stuff.

You want orchard to get you your inventory cap of each of the different fruits each day. That maximizes your stamina income which is very valuable over the long term, because getting exploration to 99 is one of the hardest things to do.

Your medium-term goal is finding access to Large Island so you can throw nets (and once you can craft them, large nets) in there for unreasonable amounts of silver. I don't remember what the quests are that get you to LI, so you might just need to pound more silver for a while to get there. With the sawmill running (and especially the craftworks) you should be able to grind cash pretty well on sturdy shields, fancy pipes, and eventually lanterns. The library articles on 100 million and 1 billion are pretty helpful for more detailed advice.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Arcturas posted:

You want orchard to get you your inventory cap of each of the different fruits each day. That maximizes your stamina income which is very valuable over the long term, because getting exploration to 99 is one of the hardest things to do.

Your medium-term goal is finding access to Large Island so you can throw nets (and once you can craft them, large nets) in there for unreasonable amounts of silver. I don't remember what the quests are that get you to LI, so you might just need to pound more silver for a while to get there. With the sawmill running (and especially the craftworks) you should be able to grind cash pretty well on sturdy shields, fancy pipes, and eventually lanterns. The library articles on 100 million and 1 billion are pretty helpful for more detailed advice.

Thanks, that makes sense! I've been holding on to ciders as I make them.

Edit: now 500/500/235 trees and hit the 100m inventory boost.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 19, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Does anyone have the new zone quests? Unexpected Visitor I

NM, I completed the recent Jill corn line and it showed up

koshmar fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 19, 2022

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

koshmar posted:

Does anyone have the new zone quests? Unexpected Visitor I

NM, I completed the recent Jill corn line and it showed up

Doesnt look like it does anything for the sandwyrm yet.

Also, hope you have been buying Cutlasses and Mugs of Beer from the EC!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Doesnt look like it does anything for the sandwyrm yet.

Also, hope you have been buying Cutlasses and Mugs of Beer from the EC!

It’s just the first few, more to come. Was glad to see both cutlasses and beer was available this afternoon so I could finish that off.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What the hell is up with catfish? I need 50 more to hit 250 for a quest and it's looking like 400-500 nets.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

H110Hawk posted:

What the hell is up with catfish? I need 50 more to hit 250 for a quest and it's looking like 400-500 nets.

Yeah, Catfish are rough for that quest. You also need a bunch for ATI but by then you should have large nets and it'll only be a moderate annoyance.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Speaking of ATI, is there any way around the seaweed grind other than throwing billions of silver’s worth of large nets away?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gold Flier jail is worse than the other jails.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Arcturas posted:

Speaking of ATI, is there any way around the seaweed grind other than throwing billions of silver’s worth of large nets away?

Looks like that is the only way, you could get lucky with a PHR

https://buddy.farm/i/seaweed/

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I complained in chat about running out of nets at 99 spiked shells and someone threw me a ton of large nets to get over the hump. I'm now on Tower 23 and back to the silver grind, but at least the tower is now open!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gold Flier jail is worse than the other jails.

I only needed 7 and I still caught about 1500 fish for that. None of the other gold fish seem to be nearly as bad.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Thanks, goons. You done good.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

:toot: It's pretty silly that this forum still can generate enough traffic to stand out.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Klungar posted:

https://i.imgur.com/uv6Nerp.mp4

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

buy him an account so he can post here once and then we immediately scare him off, as is tradition

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
got the spiders I needed

koshmar fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 21, 2022

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Man, seriously disappointed in the official answer to my request for accessibility (slowly exploring when a player holds Continue rather than forcing repeated taps). Was told it's not possible without opening up exploits due to the way FS refreshes views.

...which was an entirely bullshit answer because I spent five minutes in JS and got it working without any issue. Guess I'm considered a cheater now?

Klungar posted:

Cool, will be nice if he listens to five minute fixes that seriously improve player health and accessibility.

Might not be so pissed if I didn't see the Mod aggie telling players to shut up about 'hot button' issues in chat for supporting a Trans player. Looks like some of the major players are dogshit garbage humans.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 21, 2022

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
That’s pretty cool, well done goons.

I went from 90 to 98 this weekend and I’ve got enough masteries closing in that 100 will happen this week. I’m really looking forward to that big inventory kick because I’m at 2800 right now so it’ll almost double. I’ll still be wasting daily antlers & kabobs but what can you do, the raptors are just too efficient.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Atoramos posted:

Man, seriously disappointed in the official answer to my request for accessibility (slowly exploring when a player holds Continue rather than forcing repeated taps). Was told it's not possible without opening up exploits due to the way FS refreshes views.

A simple clicker works well for me with this, if that's an option for you.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Klungar posted:

A simple clicker works well for me with this, if that's an option for you.

Yea there's a million-and-one ways I could make it happen, but:

- I actually do have RSI from gaming years back. It's a legitimate accessibility issue to me, and has the potential to cause my issue or carpal tunnel in others over time, so it's a cause that is important to me.

- I like playing on mobile devices and setting up User Scripts on Android is a bitch.

- Making the change was literally a three line update while I was told it was impossible to make happen by coderanger. Telling a player with legitimate accessibility requests something simple is 'impossible' is a big slap in the face.

Ultimately if FS is cool with that type of behavior and bans me for this, gently caress it. There's other idle games to play.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 21, 2022

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Atoramos posted:

Yea there's a million-and-one ways I could make it happen, but:

- I actually do have RSI from gaming years back. It's a legitimate accessibility issue to me, and has the potential to cause my issue or carpal tunnel in others over time, so it's a cause that is important to me.

- I like playing on mobile devices and setting up User Scripts on Android is a bitch.

- Making the change was literally a three line update while I was told it was impossible to make happen by coderanger. Telling a player with legitimate accessibility requests something simple is 'impossible' is a big slap in the face.

Ultimately if FS is cool with that type of behavior and bans me for this, gently caress it. There's other idle games to play.

FWIW your previous post said he told you he couldn’t do it without opening up to some exploits, not that he couldn’t do it at all. I’m not at all a web dev so I have no idea if that’s true or not of course.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

rafikki posted:

FWIW your previous post said he told you he couldn’t do it without opening up to some exploits, not that he couldn’t do it at all. I’m not at all a web dev so I have no idea if that’s true or not of course.

I am, and it doesn't appear to be true in any way shape or form. I asked for any manner of detail because from what I can tell that's entirely made up.

To be a little clearer: no server change is needed, which is how exploits could be introduced. This is a very simple client-side change in the JavaScript of your browser, which you can change yourself with the Developer console in Chrome. So if it was introducing an exploit, that exploit would already exist (because anyone who wants to exploit could do the same thing I did).

All I'm doing is removing the function that happens when you click Continue on the explore screen, and then set a timer to call that same function every second you're holding down the button. No page refresh needed, the View is managed the same way it always has been.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 21, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Atoramos posted:

I am, and it doesn't appear to be true in any way shape or form. I asked for any manner of detail because from what I can tell that's entirely made up.

They're super paranoid about people scripting the game, but making it push to explore vs. a click each time doesn't change the fact that both can easily be done with autohotkey. A quick google search brings up a bunch of pre-written farmrpg scripts and video guides.

If they were really worried about exploits fishing results wouldn't be client side.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

koshmar posted:

If they were really worried about exploits fishing results wouldn't be client side.

100% agree with this. There's many, many ways to do what I want, but it shouldn't be a fight or a risk of being considered a bot. It's such a simple fix and would seemingly address all versions of the game. The only reason not to do it is specifically because you feel it devalues Apple Cider or consider difficulty of physical interaction a legitimate way to control a feature (I disagree with both).

I've heard a lot about issues FS faces with auto-refreshing mailboxes, looping previous screen bug, and issues like the above. Seems clear this is generally a one-man show and FS has done a fantastic job, so I'm hoping he's more open to these suggestions which are small simple QoL accessibility items. I specifically tried to think of a solution with the least impact on gameplay and server load possible.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
To try to imagine why they are against it, maybe the concern is that you couldn’t detect the difference between someone holding it down manually vs using a script? Whereas you could sort of check for a clicker (tho obviously they could just make it random). Doesn’t seem like a great reason to me though.

But yeah the mandatory clicking part is the worst part of the game imo. Similar with gold fish.