Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

For what it's worth: I'm not a veteran, nor a regular contributor to GiP - I just like the Idiots thread - and I don't know you from a bar of soap.

What you've posted is exceptionally good. Like "shake my head in wonder, I can't believe I'm lucky enough to read this" good.

It's intensely personal, sharing something some of us have never experienced, in a way that (I feel like) I understand completely what it was like. It's extremely evocative. And your turn of phrase and use of things like metaphor is beautiful.

Frankly, it feels like a privilege to read.

E: and I'm not sure I should have posted that, for the selfish reason that I don't want to scare you off posting more because I want to read it.

Hyperlynx fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 18, 2022

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I mean, I'm hanging on every word, but as a civilian I don't know how appropriate it is for me to even be here, much less comment, so I try to keep my mouth shut.

Your writing continues to be exceptional.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Midjack posted:

If this thread wasn't headed for the gold mine it should be now.

Doesn't goldmining lock the thread?

I mean, other than that, 100% agreed.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Midjack posted:

When it's run its course, however many pages in the future that is. Really I was just using it as a pretext for a bad "mine" joke.

Oh. That went completely over my head :shobon:.