Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

blight rhino posted:

There was a time where my entire extended family rented a beach house. I had slept all day before. Woke up at like 0400, went down to the beach to watch the sunrise. Then I just started walking in one direction. I made it to a mile marker, saying I had walked 10 miles, and it was about 3pm. I had stopped often, and talked to random people, and just chilled for a lot of the walk.

I started heading back, and it got dark. I couldn't even remotely tell where the walkway to the street with our house on it was. I just walked in the dark. Eventually picked a walkway ended up in a random neighborhood. Made it to the streets of the neighbor hood and decide to call my fam. "I have no idea where I'm at. I'm maybe 3-5 miles away in a neighborhood". Turns out I went past the walkway I needed, I ended up about 2 miles past where I needed to turn off. Finally they found a map, and I could give street names.

I got scooped up, and realized that I just wandered about 20+ miles in flip flops, on the beach. It was a good time, and ..man.. I just thought of stuff.

Now when I visit, even if it's not a beach, I'm known for just saying I'm going for a "Walk" and I'll end up returning like 7 hours later, lol.

it's been a while, but i'm pretty sure my stupid iPhone now can mark something via GPS.

Floridaman Begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU