Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

If you have a Disney+ subscription, I believe you also get ESPN+, in which case coverage is live and the Tiger/Rory/Spieth group is about to tee off: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/id/a5804a95-139a-4a7f-9b27-492aad671130

I've tried my login for disney+, linking it to my youtubetv, and linking it to my parent's directv, and it still wants me to pay $6 to watch the feature group. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

nerox posted:

I've tried my login for disney+, linking it to my youtubetv, and linking it to my parent's directv, and it still wants me to pay $6 to watch the feature group. :(
Maybe try resetting cookies or a different browser? I just used Disney+ credentials.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

Maybe try resetting cookies or a different browser? I just used Disney+ credentials.

I think I figured it out. I get Disney+ free through some deal, and I get hulu free through something else. There is a Disney Bundle where you pay $13 for Hulu, Disney, and Espn+, which is what I bet you have.

I'm just surprised you don't get access through YouTubeTV or DirecTV.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes to both of these tips. ESPN's site is very bad at realizing who you are, even if you've just logged in.

My problem was that I have another ESPN account that is *not* ESPN+ accessible, and so my cookies got all funky.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

nerox posted:

I think I figured it out. I get Disney+ free through some deal, and I get hulu free through something else. There is a Disney Bundle where you pay $13 for Hulu, Disney, and Espn+, which is what I bet you have.

I'm just surprised you don't get access through YouTubeTV or DirecTV.
Ah yes, I have that Disney+/Hulu bundle. Maybe try the Hulu account?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah you specifically have to have the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle. Just D+ doesn't work

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tiger with his first really bad swing of the day, nearly shanked a 2 iron off the tee on 15.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Yeah you specifically have to have the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle. Just D+ doesn't work

I had to activate it from my Account Management screen within Disney+

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I get the bundle through my postpaid Verizon plan, but I'm currently paying for the same bundle.

Does anybody know how I go about switching it?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I cannot wait to see the state of golf Twitter if Sunday afternoon somehow comes down to Rory Vs. Max, with Tiger maybe lurking and Justin Rose looking to play spoiler.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Anno posted:

I cannot wait to see the state of golf Twitter if Sunday afternoon somehow comes down to Rory Vs. Max, with Tiger maybe lurking and Justin Rose looking to play spoiler.
Homa wouldn't drive much traffic but John Daly would

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

haha yeah that'd be hilarious - John Daly competing in 2022. Great joke!

*checks the scores for the first time today*

...I'm sorry, what?!

Anno
May 10, 2017

Josh Lyman posted:

I think Max is generally very popular with a lot of the bigger names in the golf Twitterverse. But yeah Daly somehow hanging in there would also be crazy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Anno posted:

I think Max is generally very popular with a lot of the bigger names in the golf Twitterverse. But yeah Daly somehow hanging in there would also be crazy.
Fair enough, I'm not really plugged into golf twitter.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

18 is a beast.

Rory opens in 31, his struggle with majors since his last win has been a slow start. Now that he seems to have that out of the way...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tiger looks okay but that 18th hole is a nightmare and he might've tweaked his leg

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kirios posted:

haha yeah that'd be hilarious - John Daly competing in 2022. Great joke!

*checks the scores for the first time today*

...I'm sorry, what?!
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1527299012470403075

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
If I hadn't quit gambling wasn't so lazy, I would have picked Ancer :mexico:

McIlroy will need at least a 5 shot lead on Sunday to run the table and close this thing out.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Has Spieth ever accidentally tapped the ball off the tee during that half-rear end backswing he does right before hitting?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

mdemone posted:

Has Spieth ever accidentally tapped the ball off the tee during that half-rear end backswing he does right before hitting?

I was thinking the same thing, legit made me nervous for him

Not sure Tiger can go the full weekend even if he makes the cut, he was struggling

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Omne posted:

I was thinking the same thing, legit made me nervous for him

Not sure Tiger can go the full weekend even if he makes the cut, he was struggling

He tweaked his leg on about the sixth hole with a downhill lie that he had to try to strongman onto the green.

Pretty sure that's when he started sliding.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Remember how the PGA would group the 3 major winners from earlier in the year? This seems like a good replacement:

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

mdemone posted:

He tweaked his leg on about the sixth hole with a downhill lie that he had to try to strongman onto the green.

Pretty sure that's when he started sliding.

Yeah I was watching when it happened. Started out strong, tweaked it, and anytime he was on unsure footing or had to really muscle up a shot, he'd wince in pain after

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Standings after the first round

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Justin Thomas now tied with Rory for the lead. I'll take that as a Sunday final pairing.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Going to Southern Hills on Sunday with my dad and two buds, all of whom are much bigger golf fans than I. I grew up on golf courses, my dad coached it in high school, and I have a passing interest in it really just to have something to talk about with dad and said friends. I've never attended a tournament before, much less a major, so if anyone has any tips/advice/do's/don'ts I'd appreciate them.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TipTow posted:

Going to Southern Hills on Sunday with my dad and two buds, all of whom are much bigger golf fans than I. I grew up on golf courses, my dad coached it in high school, and I have a passing interest in it really just to have something to talk about with dad and said friends. I've never attended a tournament before, much less a major, so if anyone has any tips/advice/do's/don'ts I'd appreciate them.
The PGA is pretty spectator friendly. Obviously wear comfortable shoes, and even though it'll be cooler on Sunday, be sure to hydrate.

The way the leaderboard is shaping up, Sunday could be very busy for the leaders, so you'll need to decide whether you want to come out early, follow some groups, grab a seat on a bleacher, or some combination thereof.

Generally just be respectful and make sure your phone is muted.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Josh Lyman posted:

Standings after the first round

Of course, Zalatoris was my "I should pick him.... nahhhh"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay caught up with F1 practices - time to zone out, have a couple of beers, and chill with golf for the afternoon.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

BonoMan posted:

Of course, Zalatoris was my "I should pick him.... nahhhh"

I was glad he was available!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Tiger gonna make the cut :toot:

Anno
May 10, 2017

It's crazy how much Tiger fights to make cuts, even now. Just a level of grind that no one else comes close to.

Not as crazy as that shirt though wtf

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

That shirt is awesome and I’m buying one.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Apologies for the late update thru round 2. Only 1 person missing the cut is probably a record low for our pool.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Douchebag posted:

That shirt is awesome and I’m buying one.

I'd have to buy an entire new wardrobe to pull that green off.

Tiger showing up wearing peach/salmon today and walking incredibly gingerly.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Amazing the crowds that a non competitive Tiger can bring out (even with the early tee times).

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Might just be my ignorance of rules, but are you allowed to use a range finder during a PGA tournament?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Omne posted:

Might just be my ignorance of rules, but are you allowed to use a range finder during a PGA tournament?

As of this year (last year?).

Also, Joanna Coe is very good as an analyst.

e: Tiger, please stop hitting things into the water.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Omne posted:

This event is run by the PGA of America so yes. Normal event are run by the PGA Tour which doesn’t allow them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Tiger should withdraw after this round, he looks absolutely miserable out there.