Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Welcome to the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta 2022 thread! In its tenth year running, this thread will be the SA headquarters for the Four Job Fiesta, equal parts to keep us from taking over the FF Megathread as well as a single point of action for trading tricks and trips, cursing Gilgabot's lack of mercy, or whatever Fiesta-related discussion you may want. Much like the years before, we hope to bring lots of victories, lots of donations, and lots of berserkers from the Berserker Tree!

Quick Links: Goon Discord, Official Website, Official Blog, Official Subreddit (yes, yes, I know, but it's official)

So Kyrosiris, what IS the Four Job Fiesta?

Every year, RevenantKioku and his trusty sidekick Gilgabot (or maybe it's the other way around?) organize the Fiesta as a charity drive for Child's Play Planned Parenthood for 2022 and as a gathering for all FFV fans to celebrate the game. Mechanically, the Fiesta challenges you to play through Final Fantasy V using just one job from each Crystal. Hard Mode ups the ante, allowing Gilgabot to pull from past Crystals - you can, for example, get another White Mage from the Fire Crystal, or a Berserker from the Earth Crystal! In 2012, the Berserker Risk option was added as a way to pump up the difficulty even more - for every $10 raised prior to the Fiesta's start, every Berserker Risk participant was assigned a mandatory Berserker! Enough was raised to stick every participant at Risk with at least one Berserker, and SA member Rosalie_A ended up with what was considered the nastiest team of the Fiesta - a Knight and THREE Berserkers! 2013 renamed Hard Mode to "Random Mode" which is honestly more accurate, and added the new Team 750/No-750 and Natural modes, adding extra fun and challenge. 2015 upped the stakes and added the much-beloved Chaos Mode, which was what we all wanted from Random all along - any job is possible from any crystal, and duplicates are possible, leading to a handful of Chaos Riskers ending up with :black101: FOUR. :black101: FREAKING. :black101: BERSERKERS. :black101: (RIP Everhate, The Chosen One) 2016 graced us with Pure Chaos, which is Chaos without repeats and with Mime and Freelancer in the character pool. 2018 gave us the interesting and GBA-only Forbidden mode - at the cost of permanently losing one of your other three jobs, you can earn the right to use one of the GBA-only jobs - Oracle, Gladiator, or Cannoneer! 2019 gave us Fifth Job - Krile is her own character! Why shouldn't she get a job? She takes Galuf's job and dunks it in the trash (you can't use ANY of its abilities or passives!) and brings her own! Hope you weren't attached to that Geomancer, she's a Berserker now!

While the challenge is not one regularly "recommended" for those new to Final Fantasy V, there have been several goons who challenged the Fiesta as their first playthrough of the game and triumphed! That said, the challenge will definitely require a bit more aptitude and awareness of the game's mechanics and neat combos than a game where you plow through everything with !X-Fight, !X-Magic, and other powerful combos (that is, unless Gilgabot is merciful and gives you those combos). It goes a long way to help snap the decision paralysis that plagues a lot of first-time players of FFV, though.

Well, I've never played FFV before. Should I try anyways?

Absolutely! Like I said, lots of goons have earned their first victory in FFV through the Fiesta - either combinations of the restricted job access giving them real focus to finish the game, or getting advice from the litany of Fiesta veterans that haunt this thread and Discord, or for whatever reason. Plus, FFV is fun, and you're playing for charity (via either your donations or runs that you finish that trigger other people's pledges)!

How's this all work, then? What're the rules?

An example team would be mine from 2012 - I got Thief, Summoner, Ninja, and Samurai. From the Wind Crystal on, I had to have a full party of Thieves. Once I finished the Water Crystal, I got to choose a configuration of at least 1 Thief and at least 1 Summoner, and then the other two could be either Thieves or Summoners, with no limit aside from having at least one of each. The Fire crystal was the same - I had to field at least one Ninja, Summoner, and Thief at all times, and my fourth character could be what was best suited of my three job options. After the Earth Crystal, that was it - everyone was locked in. You can switch jobs around as is necessary, but you've gotta adhere to those guidelines. If you want your Ninja to learn some Summon Magic, that Summoner has to switch to being a Ninja too.

Note that for Natural and Chaos runs, you use Freelancers until you have obtained your assigned jobs. A Ranger/Samurai/Dragoon/Chemist Chaos run would use Freelancers until you get the Black Chocobo, and a White Mage/Time Mage/Bard/Chemist Natural run has Faris as a Freelancer until the same.

So who the hell is Gilgabot?

Gilgabot is the Twitter bot that does the backend paperwork of the Fiesta. You tweet keywords to him (@FF5ForFutures) at certain thresholds in your playthrough and he will do whatever those correspond to. For example, you can tweet "@FF5ForFutures #Water" to note that you've reached the Water Crystal. Gilgabot will then reply (maybe - he hit the daily tweet limit several times last year) with your Job assignment for that crystal. You can see a full list of his commands here. (link this to letsplaying's commands page when the site's back up)

Twitter? Ewww, I don't do that social media bullshit.

Tough. Don't blame Gilgabot, blame yourself or God. If you wanna Fiesta (at least officially - no one's stopping you from doing your own using random.org or similar), you gotta tweet. Worst case scenario, you make a throw-away account you use just for the Fiesta and then ignore it. Many goons do this every year.

:siren: NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE A PROTECTED ACCOUNT, YOU WILL HAVE EXTREME DIFFICULTY FIESTA-ING OFFICIALLY. Consider making a throwaway account. :siren:

Help! Gilgabot gave me a shittacular job combo and $BOSS is kicking my rear end!

Relax. Rosalie got through the entire game and even the optional superboss Shinryu in 2012 with a Knight and three Berserkers. You can beat the focus of your ire too, with some strategy and tenacity. That said, we're not going to leave you in the lurch - lots of FFV pros participate in the Fiesta, and in 2012 we came up with a veritable compendium of knowledge, tactics, and advice (which got loving additions in 2013 and 2014, too!). You can find it here, but be aware it contains story and boss spoilers, as well as a significant amount of mechanical information for the game. Other resources include Alcharagia's Primer to FFV's Jobs, Sulla's Solo Single Class Challenges, Mega64's Resource Page, and the FFV Algorithm Guide (for SNES and GBA)! We'll all be prattling away on Discord!

:siren: Enkibot is also back and better than ever! :siren: It has moved here and now supports GBA jobs and Mime/Freelancer!!

Science is scary and I can't use !Mix, the most powerful ability in FFV! Help me!!!!

Relax. Learn the true power of :science: here. Don't glitch Exdeath! (especially since your victory won't count :lol:)

Alright, I'm in! What do I do?

Get on Twitter and send Gilgabot (@FF5ForFutures) a pre-registration tweet. This will look something like "@FF5ForFutures #regpurechaos #BERSERKERRISK". Then, just wait for the Fiesta to start!

What's New for 2022?

:iiam: (I'm still out of clever predictions)

Trivia and Infographic Nonsense!

Every year, RevenantKioku puts out an infographic for the year's Fiesta, covering a lot of trivia and data, distribution of classes, stuff like that (as well as how fair and balanced Gilgabot was, which he always is). They're pretty neat, and are timg'd below - click the year (or expand the image, but they're really big) for big. 2021 appears to have not gotten an infographic? But I've included it in this list for completeness and to backlink the 2021 thread.

2011 Infographic:

2012 Infographic:

2013 Infographic:

(Thread) 2014 Infographic:

(Thread) 2015 Infographic:

(Thread) 2016 Infographic:

(Thread) 2017 Infographic:

(Thread) 2018 Infographic:

(Thread) 2019 Infographic:

(Thread)
2020 Infographic:

(Thread)
2021 Infographic:
(It was stolen by a bear :iiam:)

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

High Quality Goon-Made Fiesta Fanart!

2014 Fanart

(by Bloodwulfe)

(also by Bloodwulfe)

(by Asiina)

(again, by Bloodwulfe)

(by Shoehead)

(yup, still Bloodwulfe)

(Bloodwulfe: still the best)

(THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE MEAN NOTHING TO A_Raving_Loon)

Can of Worms is rad as hell and has made multiple FFV Advance patches, including the source of the above gif.
Fiesta State Mod(no mechanical changes)
FFVA Balance Mod (actual mechanical changes)

2015 Fanart

Mega64 takes on the trials and tribulations of the Omnizerker.

(What's Flarnith's art doing here?!)

(neongrey needs to be sure you heard him correctly.)

2016 Fanart

(Asterism has to face some tough choices.)

(Koobes decided to correct Mid a bit.)

(Let's just call this a work by Edward_Tohr and move on with life)

2017 Fanart

(Mikl is having some problems with the weather.)

(Ablative assures me that, just like Ronka, it can only go up uP UP!!)

(Orange Fluffy Sheep demonstrates the value of Butzcoin. BUY IN NOW)

Ablative reminds us of that which we must sacrifice, because the numbers are infallible.)

(Bad Seafood has opinions on robots.)

2018 Fanart

(Aerdan lets us know what's up.)

(Orange Fluffy Sheep has important information that might SAVE YOUR LIFE.)

(Mega64 reminds us that the FBI is full of poo poo.)

(Archenetron is ready for suffering in The Run.)

(Obang Metho has relevant memes.)

2019 Fanart

(Admiral Joeslop pays homage to the King of All Superbosses)

(I fully admit I have no idea what FeyerbrandX was riffing here, but it's rad)

(Azza Bamboo pays off an interdimensional threat)

2020 Fanart

(noooooo vernatio can't just make a meme out of the final boss fight!!!!)

2021 Fanart

(Raitzeno has a present for you!)

2022 Fanart

Bear related?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This post reserved for :toxx:es of all variety and flavor.

quote:

As usual, I, Kyrosiris, will donate my customary $0.02 per broken rod and $0.10 per hit speed trap, up to a total of $100 combined.

Kyrosiris posted:

HELLO FRIENDS WHO IS READY FOR :siren: FUN :toxx: TIMES :siren:

You see, in learning that nothing is bear proof, I wanted to put that to the test. I ran the numbers (a dangerous, fire-involving task) and discovered that a Sand Bear's Strong Fight (Bearaga) has a base attack power of two hundred and eighty-eight. The highest physical defense score in the game is Omega's, at 190, meaning that yes, nothing in Final Fantasy V, even the impregnable Stomp-Bot, is bear proof.

So prove it.

The first person to provide ideally video/gif but I will accept a screenshot of getting the finishing blow on Omega with a released bear of any type (Sand, Jail, etc) will win a custom role in the FJF discord. I will also donate $20 to charity in their honor, and an additional $10 for the first three runners-up, as well as granting them the custom role if they wish and the winner's cool with it.

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time: Last year, I put in a toxx to donate for goons who complete a run with four of the same job. I paid out for Berserker, Samurai, Freelancer, and Necromancer; this year I'm offering rewards for the remaining jobs. Here's the pay schedule:
  • $10 each for Bard, Beastmaster, Black Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, Dancer, Dragoon, Geomancer, Knight, Monk, Mystic Knight, Ninja, Ranger, Red Mage, Summoner, Thief, Time Mage, and White Mage.
  • $20 each for Gladiator, Mime, Oracle and Cannoneer.
Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse. No balance patches or randomizers, but you can play any version you'd like.

girl dick energy posted:

Ground floooooor!

I may not be keeping up with my LP, but I am keeping up with my :toxx:es!

Fat Chocobo Tour: Same as the last two years, every time you use the Chocobo spell during a Fiesta run, and you summon Fat Chocobo, type .chonk in the Discord to add it to the count. At the end of the Fiesta, I'll be donating $0.10 per chonk, up to a maximum of $10.

And a new one!

Job Scholarship Program: This offer is exclusively open for players who are either new to the Fiesta, or returning players who've never successfully completed one. Sometimes a new player can get a party that's just a brick wall for them, and kill their momentum before they have the skills to overcome the challenge. Therefore, for those players who qualify, I will match one Job Fair change donation, up to a maximum of $5. Whatever jobs, in whatever build, whatever format, whatever party. You put in for the change, confirm it, and I'll put in the same amount. Just @ me in the Discord or quote this post in the thread. This will be open to the first five players who request it, first-come-first-serve.

There may be more, depending on how finances shake out, not sure.

Jose Valasquez posted:

:toxx:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

I also made a late toxx last year that didn't get much traction, but maybe it'll get more this year if it starts from the beginning:
$0.20 for every combined party level under 100 when killing NED, so if your party levels are 25/25/25/24 I'll donate $0.20. If your levels are 1/1/1/1 I'll donate $19.20

In addition, for Omega and Shinryu kills I'll donate an extra $0.10 per level under 100 for each fight. Max of $250

Red Metal posted:

Question: What do White Mage, Dancer, Geomancer, Bard, Chemist, and Dancer all have in common?
Answer: They're all Team 750 jobs that can't use rods.

:toxx: 750 minus 750: For every team that beats the game using only the above jobs (doesn't have to be a Team 750 run), I'll donate $7.50.

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that uses no Reflect Rings dropped by or stolen from enemies. (It's okay to use the one in Istory Falls.) I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

CourtlyHades296 posted:

My actual first :toxx: is for getting a 100% complete Bestiary (up to 10 runs and $40, 1 run per unique player).
A bonus $5 will be added for each of the first two people who [complete the Sealed Temple bestiary], but it's optional for this :toxx: even if playing on those versions.

Nemo2342 posted:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly?: $1 per run (up to $25) for anyone who takes a picture of themselves attacking Omega with a class that's wielding a completely inappropriate weapon.

This is for charity so you don't actually have to KILL Omega like this, I just want to see Chemists wielding axes smacking the big dumb robot.

Reiterpallasch posted:

:toxx: I will match any Job Fair donations made to trade in a stronger class (higher Job Fair value) for a weaker one*, up to $300.

*not you, Beastmaster. seriously why is that $1

DalaranJ posted:

:toxx: Summoner or No Summoner
$4 for every run that has summoner and has only required summons on their spell list (Usually Ifrit and Titan, although it's possible Titan is a crystal in some versions?)
$4 for every run that does not have Summoner and has all summons on their spell list
Cap $100, fifth job and void need not apply

:toxx: Show me the money
$10 for every run that spends no money on the entire run, including at inns or !cointoss
Cap $50

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Actually, y'know what, one more. Planned Parenthood is a good cause, anyway.

:toxx: $100 to the first player to finish off NED with Bearaga.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 16, 2022

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Don’t do Sealed Temple
Please don’t

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
gently caress you you're not my real dad (seriously don't do it)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I guess it's that time once again. This time maybe I'll do a first run on the pixel remaster.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hello friends.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Already that time of year, huh?

I've honestly been struggling to do the bare minimum these last couple years, but we'll see if I can't keep even that up for at least another year.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

the Orb of Zot posted:

Don’t do Sealed Temple
Please don’t

If Gilgabot deems it viable, then ain't no one gonna stop me from making bad decisions! :v:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
the best time of the year :peanut:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

HELLO FRIENDS WHO IS READY FOR :siren: FUN :toxx: TIMES :siren:

You see, in learning that nothing is bear proof, I wanted to put that to the test. I ran the numbers (a dangerous, fire-involving task) and discovered that a Sand Bear's Strong Fight (Bearaga) has a base attack power of two hundred and eighty-eight. The highest physical defense score in the game is Omega's, at 190, meaning that yes, nothing in Final Fantasy V, even the impregnable Stomp-Bot, is bear proof.

So prove it.

The first person to provide ideally video/gif but I will accept a screenshot of getting the finishing blow on Omega with a released bear of any type (Sand, Jail, etc) will win a custom role in the FJF discord. I will also donate $20 to charity in their honor, and an additional $10 for the first three runners-up, as well as granting them the custom role if they wish and the winner's cool with it.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Hey, Geomancer is less of a liability than Red Mage or Monk!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:black101:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Henlo Fiends! Can't wait to #BERSERKERRISK again!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Hey, Geomancer is less of a liability than Red Mage or Monk!

I've slowly (slowly) warmed to Red Mage over the years. Its biggest problem is its complete and utter lack of ambition; it's an underperformer literally everywhere and once that starts mattering it starts suffering. But Red Mage is INCREDIBLY useful for doing things you wouldn't want to waste your other characters' turns to do: namely, casting Raise and throwing status-cure items. They can also swing the Ancient Sword without worrying about it tanking their damage by being an end-of-world-1 weapon, because their damage already sucks!

Anyway I've had to make the best out of repeated RDM rolls, and I have to say: I get why people rank it above Dancer and Geomancer. I don't agree fully, but there is an incredibly valid point behind the idea that predictable sub-mediocrity is preferable to a coinflip between "okay" and "actively detrimental".

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

But hole!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Might be time to update the part of the OP that mentions Child's Play, given that this is the third(?) year running where donations are going to a different charity.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

Might be time to update the part of the OP that mentions Child's Play, given that this is the third(?) year running where donations are going to a different charity.

I knew I forgot something.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

For anyone curious about how the Pixel Remaster stacks up against the GBA gold standard for Fiesta:

Several good bugs are fixed
Calm locking Omega is gone
Quickleak is gone (even if it wasn't it'd take 8 times longer)
Chemist can berserk Omega but can't really do any of its damaging !Mixes to do damage.

Odin does not know how to spear

Magic Lamp has "two uses" it disappears from the inventory briefly when 2 people are primed to use it already. It reappears once one casting is used.

However, in multi phase fights...TED/NED for example DO NOT USE THE MAGIC LAMP WHEN TED IS DYING. THE MAGIC LAMP IS CONSUMED BY THE VOID HERE

Matrix style treatment for Geomancers and !Animals is lost, these are back to being gated behind player levels.

Quicksaving is obviously fixed, so it doesn't refresh the step counter for the next fight or guarantee rare encounters.

!Mug doesn't prevent !Flee any more, however it seems like !Aim and !Mineuchi do prevent it.

Now for the good things about PR.

Diagonal Movement, 1 diagonal step counts as one step for incrementing the encounter tables, so you can get into less encounters.

Autobattle for when you just need to attack.

Robust included minimap for those who want to see treasures on the way.

Omniscient is about halfway between GBA and Matrix in terms of dickishness. You can run him out of MP and prevent him from casting Return, but he doesn't cast Libra any more it seems. Meaning you need to keep track of each and every single MP to know he's at 0. He doesn't cast Return on healing items though, so if he's stuck at 1MP you can feed an ether and hope he plays better afterwards.

TWO CHICKEN KNIVES

Rods can be broken from inventory, meaning they can be boosted

For more info I'm about done with my LP documenting FFVPR

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 17, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:toxx: time: Last year, I put in a toxx to donate for goons who complete a run with four of the same job. I paid out for Berserker, Samurai, Freelancer, and Necromancer; this year I'm offering rewards for the remaining jobs. Here's the pay schedule:
  • $10 each for Bard, Beastmaster, Black Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, Dancer, Dragoon, Geomancer, Knight, Monk, Mystic Knight, Ninja, Ranger, Red Mage, Summoner, Thief, Time Mage, and White Mage.
  • $20 each for Gladiator, Mime, Oracle and Cannoneer.
Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse. No balance patches or randomizers, but you can play any version you'd like.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
I was the bear who stole the infographic.

It looked like food.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Last year was the first time I've ever completed a run in something like 8 attempts and I had a ton of fun. I'm gonna make it two in a row :blastu:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ground floooooor!

I may not be keeping up with my LP, but I am keeping up with my :toxx:es!

Fat Chocobo Tour: Same as the last two years, every time you use the Chocobo spell during a Fiesta run, and you summon Fat Chocobo, type .chonk in the Discord to add it to the count. At the end of the Fiesta, I'll be donating $0.10 per chonk, up to a maximum of $10 $20.

And a new one!

Job Scholarship Program: This offer is exclusively open for players who are either new to the Fiesta, or returning players who've never successfully completed one. Sometimes a newer player can get a party that's just a brick wall for them, and kill their momentum before they have the skills to overcome the challenge. Therefore, for those players who qualify*, I will match one Job Fair change donation, up to a maximum of $5. Whatever jobs, in whatever build, whatever format, whatever party. You put in for the change, confirm it, and I'll put in the same amount. Just @ me in the Discord or quote this post in the thread. This will be open to the first five players who request it, first-come-first-serve.

There may be more, depending on how finances shake out, not sure.

* Qualifications are entirely arbitrary, but if you ask, you probably qualify.

Fulfilled with (at least) 68 Fat Chocobos, and I'm just assuming the full $25 on Job Scholarship, because I kind of fell behind on the thread.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 28, 2022

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I will play the Pixel Remaster this year so I will be safe from the bonus dungeon.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

I also made a late toxx last year that didn't get much traction, but maybe it'll get more this year if it starts from the beginning:
$0.20 for every combined party level under 100 when killing NED, so if your party levels are 25/25/25/24 I'll donate $0.20. If your levels are 1/1/1/1 I'll donate $19.20

In addition, for Omega and Shinryu kills I'll donate an extra $0.10 per level under 100 for each fight. Max of $250

Completions:
0 power chicken knife - Vernatio, Serene Dragon, Darkoni, Modoh, girl dick energy, Doom Goon x4, Cattail Prophet
Low level - CourtlyHades ($6.80 for Omega/Shinryu, $6 for NED), Unreal_One ($1.20 for triple crown), Man with Hat ($1.20 for NED/Omega), Odysseus S Grant ($3.20 for triple crown #1, $4.80 for triple crown #2), CourtlyHades ($13.60 for triple crown), blakelmenakle ($1.20 for NED)

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 25, 2022

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Jose Valasquez posted:

The minimum levels possible are 2/2/2/3, so a minimum of 7.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
The fabled Squirrelaja is theoretically even stronger than Bearaga, but I think at this point it's practically impossible to test, what with the Matrix version being delisted.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

gently caress YOU, KARNAK!

IF YOU'RE DUMB ENOUGH TO BUY A NEW HAMMER THIS WEEKEND, YOU'RE A BIG ENOUGH SHMUCK TO COME TO BIG ROD HELL'S SHOP!
BAD DEALS! RODS THAT BREAK DOWN! THIEVES! IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA FIND A BARGAIN AT BIG ROD'S, YOU CAN KISS MY rear end!

IT'S OUR BELIEF THAT YOU'RE SUCH A STUPID MOTHERFUCKER, YOU'LL FALL FOR THIS BULLSHIT! GUARANTEED! IF YOU FIND A BETTER DEAL, SHOVE IT UP YOUR UGLY rear end! YOU HEARD US RIGHT, SHOVE IT UP YOUR UGLY rear end! BRING YOUR KNIGHT, BRING YOUR BERSERKER, BRING YOUR MONK! WE'LL gently caress HER! THAT'S RIGHT, WE'LL gently caress YOUR MONK!

BECAUSE AT BIG ROD HELL'S, YOU'RE hosed SIX WAYS FROM SUNDAY! TAKE A HIKE TO BIG ROD HELL'S, HOME OF CHALLENGE GEOMANCY! THAT'S RIGHT, CHALLENGE GEOMANCY! HOW DOES IT WORK?! IF YOU !GAIA SIX FEET IN THE AIR STRAIGHT UP AND NOT HAVE A WIZARD CAST RESET, YOU GET FLARE! DON'T WAIT, DON'T DELAY, DON'T TAKE MORE THAN TEN MINUTES! OR WE'LL RIP YOUR NUTS OFF, KUPO! ONLY AT BIG ROD HELL'S, THE ONLY DEALER THAT TELLS YOU TO gently caress OFF!

HURRY UP, rear end in a top hat! THIS EVENT ENDS THE MINUTE AFTER YOU LEAVE CASTLE KARNAK, AND IT BETTER NOT BLOW UP, OR YOU'RE A DEAD MOTHERFUCKER! GO TO HELL! BIG ROD HELL'S SHOP! KARNAK'S FILTHIEST, AND EXCLUSIVE HOME TO THE MEANEST SONS-OF-BITCHES ON PLANET R! GUARANTEED!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Every. Year. :colbert:

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Third time's the charm! If I can get FF7 done in a fiesta I can certainly manage this one. (Right? Right???)

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
yessss, been waiting for this since doing the FF7 fiesta!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Here's the big question for me this year, do I go with the PR version of the game for cloud saves so I can play in work or do I hack FFV Advance onto my 3DS?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Here's the big question for me this year, do I go with the PR version of the game for cloud saves so I can play in work or do I hack FFV Advance onto my 3DS?

Hacking the 3DS is pretty easy these days and you can inject the ROM to run pretty well :science:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hacking the 3DS is pretty easy these days and you can inject the ROM to run pretty well :science:
Seconding that 3DS hacking is easy, and you can also use the fiesta patch to start with all jobs/have cactuar (is pixel hacking equally easy? I guess it's on PC so it must be)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I need to make a new Discord account since I'm locked out of my old one and then get back into the Fiesta server.

Which reminds me I don't think I ever did ask (or don't remember) how The Run went last year. How did DD screw up?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I need to make a new Discord account since I'm locked out of my old one and then get back into the Fiesta server.

Which reminds me I don't think I ever did ask (or don't remember) how The Run went last year. How did DD screw up?

I want to say he was the emcee but that might have been 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I haven't done this in several years. I think I'll do it this year.