Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Yeah honestly you can reach out if you want but just remember you can't make them reach back out.

Don't be ashamed of yourself it's not your fault it's just how life goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Pajser posted:

Yeah, I'm going through something similar right now, the training in one month instead of five definitely sound familiar.
Maybe I didn't cry about it, although I think I get why workplace murders happen now.

Well the good news is I am still with the company. And I am blessed with the money compensation. It has changed my life and work really isn't that stressful for me. But its my job to find hosed up things and create an SOP to make sure those hosed up things do not happen in the future.

But I overthought it. We did lose a lot of team members recently and I will be having to pick up their work. That is depressing.

spacestronaut
Dec 7, 2010
Agoraphobia, mostly. With a side of intensely distrusting psych meds given how many of them have made me feel just constantly drunk and sleepy all the time.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Total Party Kill posted:

I already sent you a PM to apologize, but as I stated earlier in this thread, I'm trying to be a better person - not only to my wife but to strangers and friends alike and I felt compelled to address it publicly. Fallows, if my response to you sounded at all aggressive or cynical I am extremely sorry. I hated to hear that you feel ashamed of yourself and sincerely meant to have a dialogue with you. I'm sure that you aren't worthy of self-shame and would encourage you to meet with your birth mother - no mother would be ashamed to meet the adult her child has become. My PMs are open if you would like to discuss this further and welcome any feedback.

It's ok! I've worked really hard to feel better about my self so I guess it's more accurate to say im really more ashamed of my choices and actions in the past and lack of accomplishments in life currently. I also have a lot of issues with my adoptive family and we're growing far apart now and I just feel lost in life. But I wouldn't want to meet her, make her feel like she made a mistake by giving me up to the wrong family or something if that makes sense.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I feel like this is something you could explore with a therapist, but if so brace yourself for more crying. I have never not cried at a first therapy appointment.

I switched therapists in Feb and that was my experience, i hadn't cried in long while. She is the one who really put the idea of finding my birth mother in my head. I've also been watching a lot of unsolved mysteries reruns and seeing lots of lost families reunited too.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Treecko posted:

Yeah honestly you can reach out if you want but just remember you can't make them reach back out.

Thats the thing too what if she doesn't want to meet me idk how I would feel. Thanks for your words

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I cried a handful of silent single Hollywood teardrops over the last thirty minutes of Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Treecko posted:

what if i do very shameful things. i do

as for reach arounds, Rat, if you're still out there, i hope you're doing well! :wave:

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

STABASS posted:

cool, what month of texting are you on?

Whoa whoa whoa, easy buddy, didn’t realize I was dealing with a tough guy around these parts.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I cried because my dickbsmelled like barf but tasted of poo poo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://youtu.be/TzwDN1D5i_M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

lol