Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Hm, the way I rationalize the time paradoxes this game makes is that the places we go to are fixed moments in time.
I blame Doctor Who (tenet/Smith era mostly, with some Capaldi) for this understanding of hollywood time travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Gilgamesh255 posted:

She could always do it like Bazzette does with Answerer, and punch(?) it towards her enemies?

Ulania: Dragon Slaying Sword Bullet

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Allie sure is weird isn't she? so wacky.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Just gonna reiterate what I mentioned a few pages ago about the atlantis event being a fixed point in time. since, Nyala apparently survived, lost it's wing and Atlantis still sunk, so the events still happened as they did, sort of. Even if the writing in this game is... off, I mean time travel stories in a videogames is more hit or miss than in other media, especially in legacy franchises.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

anime logic.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Ok, my argument can't justify wholesale timeline retcons like this. Writing Time travel plots in legacy storylines is hard as it is but retcons this massive makes it almost indefensible. I still liked the game as my first 7th Dragon game.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Luninareph posted:

HAHAHA! Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

SHUSH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
How about female Mage A-1
Name her Bao-Sith
and for her class mage
and as for her voice, who ever sounds the most condescending

cdyoung fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 7, 2022