Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
So, I got caught up on the 2020 LP. Then I saw a 7th Dragon OG LP and thought "huh, nice coincidence, wonder if that just started" and took a dip into that. Read a few chapters, then saw this thread and thought "huh, nicer coincidence, I guess this means I can LP the the full series". Then I finally realized just how long the 7th Dragon LP had been running.

Long story short, my brain is almost all dragon'd out. But I appreciate being able to connect threads between the games more, so thanks for the LPs!

A 7th Dragon/Lemony Snicket crossover would probably be better than the Vocaloid crossover 2020 did.

One other note, it does seem like they tried to handwave away why we can have a time limit when we own a time machine by saying they can't move the coordinates afterward. I'd interpret it as "when we harpoon a point to link it to ours, we've irrevocably weakened the timeline there and nearby strikes would just slide into this new point of least resistance" because it's a logical, weirdly explained, and highly irresponsible answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
A few oversights in the write-up, and in the time it took me to read this one of them was already fixed. :v:

Looks like Ambush Stance and Anti-Ailment have an extra "user is" in the second sentence.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

Aria, that IS Valerie's calm face. And her angry one. And her happy one. And her sad one.

I'd like to imagine Valerie pining for a more expressive face and her squad wondering if she intends to rip it off a person or monster and just staple it on.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Based on the stated logic, he just needs more power to get over the fact that he's unable to control his power. He will eventually be strong enough to destroy himself, the thing that is keeping him from controlling himself, thus allowing him to destroy anything else.

... what? The ISDF has charts proving how it all works!

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Sooo... if you defeated all of the true dragons with the Dragonslayer, would that invalidate the existence of the Dragonslayer?

I know, we probably won't see anything cool like that since it'd end up erasing every single character in this game I'm sure, but it'd make for a better premise of a game. You go around, murder dragons, and screw the timeline so hard that you have to reroll your entire party (different mix of classes available) and they deal with the next true dragon instead. Keep the expected level cap low and have the number inflation come more from better equipment and you'd have a decent gameplay loop.

It was phasing out of existence to due timespace fuckery, but since Inoue had such a problem with it Valerie decided to keep it around instead of bending to the laws of causality.

Edit: Please don't tell me we have to actively power our way through the laws of causality in a cutscene at some point.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
General question, is there a game that goes for an unstable time loop? Character A goes back in time and changes thing Z, character A is erased, thing Z happens because character A doesn't exist, Character A now exists, Character A goes back in time and changes thing Z etc. etc. to the point that time becomes an absolute cluster because it can't make up its mind?

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

Also, delayed response since I didn't get the joke until I read some other responses in this thread. I'm now kicking myself over missing this top-tier reference and image combo while giggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
I see Julietta's line has continued in a recognizable form over 5,000 years in the future.

On the one hand, I'm curious about who he settled down with. On the other hand, I'm a little terrified how VFD would attempt to answer that and open up plot holes in other games.