Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Man, somebody should complain to Nodens, I've seen gachas with less powercreep than this.

...like, for real, if the starting classes start as busted in comparison to the other games like this I don't wanna imagine what the future classes are unless they're like Ronin/Hexer in EO1 and suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Now that looks like someone ready and excited as heck to slay dragons.

Can't wait to see what ridiculous class skills pop up next to break the balance further.

If there's not a skill that's like, "Instakill enemy if easy X condition is met"... I won't do anything cause I ain't risking it but it sounds like the easiest way to top the powercreep so far.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Araxxor posted:

Does VFD's version of Sacrifice count? :v:

Yup, counts for me. Reminds me of Fate EXTRA/CCC, where Gilgamesh's ultimate attack is "deal 9999 damage if the enemy is under 30% health", which made sense given the lore and how he's meant to be easy mode. Effectively reducing enemy HP by 22% is ridiculously strong!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

At this rate we'll find out VFD characters can actually kill enemies in the other games somehow.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Araxxor posted:

Any other prophecies you wish to share with the class? :v:

Truly it's a heavy weight to have the gift of prophecy.

Sadly no more ideas. Maybe "we'll accidentally beat a boss we're meant to lose just because how broken the diffoculty is" and "Actually we were the dragons all along", but those are a given.

Edit: Also adding "The final dungeon will be inside a Nodens videogame". Because tjere has to be a bigger justification for Nodens being Nintendo besides recruiting people with 7th Encount.

...wait, does this mean we've retconned Kinu's LP?

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 16, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's gonna turn out Nodens is evil and it's true purpose is to gently caress over 7th Dragon LPers by literally rewriting their final bosses out of existance, for violating their copyright.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Kinu Nishimura posted:

you should make a male banisher a-2 and his name should be GEORGE! written like that imo

:yeah:

And lmao even the NPCs are powercrept, can't wait for them to kill a True Dragon for us to save even more budget!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's OK guys. Our new Unit 13 can already retcon True Dragons from other games, we're powerful enough to retcon Takehaya's death!

...I swear to god if I'm predocting the game again-

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Gilgamesh255 posted:

Oh jeez, is she turning into a dragon through sheer hatred of dragons?

...Oh god, don't tell me she's turning INTO Haze. :psyduck:

"No! I must kill... the dragons"

"No Emel, you are the dragons"

And then Emel was Haze

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thanks Bibsy, for completely ruining whatever dignity Kirino had with that revelation. I can't read Kinu's LP without cringing when Kirino appears now.

Cause I would totally turn myself into a sentai cyborg too and I'm ashamed of myself for that.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, Emel can rest easy knowing that, comparatively to the rest of the game, she went out blazing and not like a complete chump.

Too bad GEORGE! is the true final True Dragon because if TDs are the apex of evolution GEORGE! reached that several updates ago.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RIP, Emil. At least you had more dignity than every other enemy in this game for a moment.

Unfortunately this is VDF, which can be summed up by this pic:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Hey devs, just because you power creeped the gameplay doesn't mean you had to also power "creep" that jesus christ :suicide:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Araxxor posted:

I'm not sure if the prophecy ball actually counts for this one, because this was picking up on the massive gameplay foreshadowing.

That being said True Dragon GEORGE! with 8 adds (As that's pretty much what the rest of Unit 13 would become if Chika and Rika are any indication) would be an incredibly bullshit fight. At least Earthquake sorta has a cooldown?

Don't think it really counts because Kinu's LP did spoil the VDF twist in retrospect :v: (And Nodens in a recent update, since I never finished the DS LP and they were referred as ND ingame I think?)

Also pretty sure GEORGE! would just be the first phase with a nasty T1, and then when you lower his HP Valerie bursts out of his chest and life-swords your team to death.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Kinu Nishimura posted:

I referenced Nodens by name like, over fifty updates ago, I just got blunter about it by having Allie literally appear in person in 2019 completely unchanged. :v:

in my defense i have bad memory. i blame the dragonflowers, loving allergies *dies*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ratoslov posted:

Valerie died, and nobody will know of her greatness. Please everyone, a moment of silence for our eternal tragic heroine, Valerie.

Oh I wouldn't be so sure.

Who do you think destroyed Atlantis with no Dragons around?