Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

“Oh, holy poo poo, you’re back… I thought for sure you’d hit implant rejection.”

“I thought you might have croaked on the table. Ha, ha…”

“So you’re really going through with this.”

“I can’t say I blame you, but you know there’s no coming back from this, right?”

“Well, anyway. Here’s your famous list. I had to call in some favours to get their locations, but flicking it to your implants now. Listen… if you’re really going to do this, I’ve got your back - but it’s going to get messy. I hope she’s worth it.”
“She is.”

SÎZA PAPAROK posted:

You are Sîza Paparok, one time enforcer and bodyguard for the Pinion Syndicate. Things went bad, and they burned you. They burned you hard. They left you for dead, but they didn’t make sure of it. Mistake. Take your sword and the best black-market cyberware you could buy, swindle, or extract, and take them down. All of them.

The game is simple, whatever the world tries to tell you otherwise. The players take the role of the assorted implants crammed into Sîza’s body, and do their best to keep them alive. First, pick an opponent. Then, after you’ve encountered them, pick rock, paper, or scissors. This might vary depending on your target, but never much. If you guessed right, tally a point onto your score. Keep track - your life might depend on it.

Now, who’s the lucky target? The order you pick them will affect the story - after all, when you’re doing a revenge story you don’t go after the most responsible first, right?

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐇, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄
Duelist of renown / Some great care must be taken / Her blade is lightning.

𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
A master at range / Tungsten rains down from afar / Air splits in his wake.

𝐌𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑
Consummate businessman / Deep within, a dancer’s heart / And a killer’s soul.

𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐖𝐘𝐑𝐌, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑
Delving through data / The wyrm seeks secrets most deep / All opens to him.

𝐖𝐀𝐑-𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘
Many souls gather / To become something greater / And something darker.

𝐒𝐈𝐅𝐔 𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐔, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐑
He raised you from dirt / He shaped your past and present / He may unshape it.

𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐗, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑
Never far apart / The Ram siblings fight as one / You must fight as two.

𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋
Barrier of Pinion / His skin like glistening steel / Will unbreakable.

𝐆𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐋, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓
More machine than Croc / Given over to metal / A heart wired shut.

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑
This cursed coward / Source of your greatest despair / Shall die like a dog.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
We must kill 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐇, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄

She is worth it.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Let's give a shot at ending 𝐌𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑. How can you not hate his dumb face?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I will suggest that we go after 𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - always kill the sniper first when they least expect it!

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
𝐒𝐈𝐅𝐔 𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐔, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐑 knew us best. Now it is time for the student to sadly best the master

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑 doesn't deserve to be the final boss.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

𝐌𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Podima posted:

I will suggest that we go after 𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - always kill the sniper first when they least expect it!

+1 to this. Take down the prep-time guru before they've got prep time.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐖𝐘𝐑𝐌, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑
Always gank the wizard hacker.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
𝐌𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Limit the farsight by going after Limit, the Farsight. Get up close and personal with the sniper while we have the element of surprise.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
𝐌𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑

Seems like he might have info.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
𝐌𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑

He will dance no more.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑

Start at the source.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Cloud Potato posted:

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑

Start at the source.

This.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑

Start at the source.

Let's start our revenge proper.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Cloud Potato posted:

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑

Start at the source.

This

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Voting Closed

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I'm going to vote for 𝐌𝐑. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑 even though the voting is closed just to show that I WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED :colbert:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

noted, I'll make sure this vote goes where it belongs

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

“First things first. We go after this dog of the Pinions. They should fall easily enough, and temper my blade for the nights to come.”
“How am I not surprised. It was just a mistake, Sîza. You’re going to kill your cousin for th-”
“Unforgivable.”
“Oookay. This is your show, do as thou wilt. Let me pull up the data.”

DATA FILE - JANKEN posted:

CALLSIGN Janken
POSITION Enforcer; Footpad - Low-Grade
HISTORY Disfavored cousin from unfashionable branch family, of little real value to the Pinion Syndicate. Close relationship between subject and self endured from youth until [Inciting Event Alpha], resulting in mortal schism. Surveillance determines subject’s standing within Pinion increased as a result of [IEA], but subsequent behaviour has relegated them to the duties they would otherwise have undertaken.
LOCATION Black Creek Park; Surveillance determines high probability to be found alone between sectors 1A-5 and 1A-8 at 0400 hours. Distances self from crowds, often imbibing synthol. Low situational awareness.
THREAT ASSESSMENT Minimal
TECHNIQUE Deep Regret - On a Tie, Janken Surrenders.
“Well, a hardened assassin he’s not. Taking him out should do little to reveal your presence to the Syndicate. Hell, the way he’s been acting recently they’ll probably be glad to see the back of him.”
“... Let’s get this over with.”

“-why bother. I just keep asking myself why, even, bother. It’s just not worth it, not worth it, not worth it. A few measly credits and-”
“Go on, don’t let me stop you.”
“Y-you’re dead! They said you were dead!”
“In just a moment, one of us will be. Draw your blade, ‘honored cousin’.”

“Sîza, you don’t understand what they had over me! It’s not my fault! It’s not my fault! Let me make it up to you - we can make this right!”
“Speak with the edge of your sword!”

GAMEPLAY posted:

You face your first opponent, a hated member of the Pinion Syndicate, a pathetic wretch. Vote Rock, Paper, or Scissors; I’ll pick at random from the votes, then you’ll make your attack. On a hit, most of the time, you will slay your opponent, and that will be that. On a tie, you will clash, exchange some cutting remarks, and wait for another opportunity. On a miss, they will strike you… but you are a master of the art of battle, and you are made of sterner stuff.

You begin with three Parries, the capability to shrug off hits that would slay a lesser combatant. Each hit against you will remove one. When you are struck without a Parry to expend, you will take severe damage, bearing the wound on your body as a Scar. Having many Scars will affect the story, and likely your ending…

Also, pay special attention to the Technique listed in the Data File above - these can cause the path of the battle to stray dramatically… though not in this case. A tie here will see this miserable worm surrender to you, for you to do with as you see fit.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Scissors, because a sharp cutting end is all he deserves.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Scissors, for his will is paper thin

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good old Rock, it's never failed us!

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Rock

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This guy will fold like Paper

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
givvem da Skizzers!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Everyone knows you gotta start with Rock!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Hit him with the scissor technique, he will never see it coming!

If he surrenders, KILL HIM!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Snip snip, Cousin. Time to clip your pinions.

Scissors.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Let's try some Sicilian Reasoning on this dork's most likely moves:

Rock: Low-level enforcer, does have some experience applying brute force.
Paper: Sniveling, wants to talk things out.
Scissors: Really doesn't want to clash swords.

So I figure Janken is most likely to go for Paper, followed by Rock. Sure we win in all ties, but the apparent fear of us using Scissors suggests they're going for Paper. And since we win on ties, let's go with Paper ourselves.

Toy with Janken, deliver insults each time our blades meet, and they'll break for sure. Conserve our strength for if they try to unload at the beginning (rock).

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Rock, always rock.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Paper

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Abyssal Squid posted:

Let's try some Sicilian Reasoning on this dork's most likely moves:

Rock: Low-level enforcer, does have some experience applying brute force.
Paper: Sniveling, wants to talk things out.
Scissors: Really doesn't want to clash swords.

So I figure Janken is most likely to go for Paper, followed by Rock. Sure we win in all ties, but the apparent fear of us using Scissors suggests they're going for Paper. And since we win on ties, let's go with Paper ourselves.

Toy with Janken, deliver insults each time our blades meet, and they'll break for sure. Conserve our strength for if they try to unload at the beginning (rock).

This is good reasoning, and we should continue to think along these lines. Are you some sort of prototype mil-tac wetware? Sorry my DNS is on the fritz and I can't tell a servo from the main cortex, heh.

But, going by your logic, they seem pretty likely to go Rock first, like the coward they are. All brawn since we took them by surprise, if only to get out of the ambush, right? So with that in mind i'm changing my scissor vote to Paper since at least that will at worst tie with them. Yes.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
He's gonna get such a Papering now that we're here.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
They betrayed us. May their end be swift. Scissors.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Scissors to cut through this guy's paper-thin heart