Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I was lukewarm on BOX until someone posted a pic of the Mk6 with DG pickelhaube and I jizzed in my jeans.

I have 35 Mk3 foot troops right now I'll be using as vets/support squads. I also have a couple of Aquitor bombards coming and a plagueburst crawler to lead the squadron.

Red Herring posted:

My friends are full time HH nerds - and I've been orbiting for a bit - getting the fix in through Titanicus and BFG.

Picking Iron Hands, because they're basically space dwarfs, and seem to be under-represented. What's cool about them and what should I get? I've already picked up some Gorgons because they look great.

I don't know if it's in the new list, but the Mortifactor is a legion leader who focuses on the Dreadnoughts of the legion. Very IH in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I played ZM tonight and it was good. I didn't actually get to use any of my chem-munitions flamers but I pulled out a win in the end.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Boo this man

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Loving my late Heresy aquitor bombard

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Tiny Chalupa posted:

As much as I just adore the idea of unleashing plague flamers everywhere I possibly can, I don't care for the colour scheme they have
Guess I'll keep debating between Word Bearers, Night Lord's, Alpha Legion or Sons of Horus for my Traitor legion :shepicide:
World Eaters have a great colour scheme but don't want all melee legion

Somebody posted a link earlier to an Alpha Legion painting tutorial on YouTube and that was loving impressive but I don't have a airbrush

That use of DG Green instead of Castellan green kind of sucks. It's not strong enough. I am considering changing from bone to cream for the body color though based on that.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Lucinice posted:

Probably gonna run Ultramarines since I want a shooting army and I like blue.

I know riveting.

I have about 7500 points of Heresy UMs so gently caress yeah

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Yeah, I mean I have to buy the main set and leave the heads and pads off until some dude on Ali Express makes the legion specific ones cheap

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
3 weeks

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'm doing a new DG army, and it's purely because of how cool the Mk6 look with the DG pickelhauben

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Know No Fear

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

gently caress yeah

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Night Lords hand joke

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Broke down and ordered some DG decals. Better than waiting forever until my Mk6 pads are released.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I was able to check out the boxes yesterday and they are SOLID and HEAVY AS gently caress.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Hixson posted:

I played a 1250pt game of ZM using the new rules last night against forums poster Stanyer.

I played a terror assault Night Lords list. I took a jetpack praetor with a paragon blade, a vigilator, a 15man tac squad, an assault squad, a 10man raptor squad, and an 8man heavy support squad with missile launchers. Stanyer was playing IWs and took a cataphracti terminator armored praetor with a paragon blade, 2 tac squads, a legion support squad with melta guns, 5 siege tyrants, heavy bolter rapiers, and a contemptor with a multi melta.

But did you roll off for ceilings?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Floppychop posted:

I have stuff that's collecting dust that I could start building/painting, but my anxiety is wracking me over building them "wrong" since I don't have the rules to read yet.

I have 30 mk3 marines, 5 cataphractii, and 5 Tartaros and I'm going with Salamanders. If anyone has guidance.

I’d build one 20-man and one 10-man tactical squad with your basic marines. This edition really calls for vexillae and comms too.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
It's under Consuls. Librarian is a specialization they can take.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Lucinice posted:

So how are things for Ultramarines looking in terms of rules and being able to use the box set?

Ultras can use the box just fine. Their rules are solid but unexciting. If I were building UMs from the box I'd do 4 separate 10 man squads so they could benefit from a rule that promotes synergy when they shoot.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
In Heresy, squads all have the same guns like primaris do. If you build a sergeant or two and give everyone else bolters you'll be fine.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
PDF!

Fulmentarii are expensive beasts now. Locutarii can take legatine axes.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Oh that’s a cool project

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Analyze the Glaive for me, because I have one but am bad at math.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Hixson is in a different category than the rest of the thread. Just paint and post.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I tell you, the Glaive may be overpriced but it feels good when it wipes out tactical squads like a knife through butter

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I know it's dumb but I want to buy 40k Morty for Assault on Terra games

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I don’t care for the plastic Leviathan’s shoulder ridges. Hopefully they’re optional

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Apparently someone at a tournament in Brighton UK had an extra 500 points in their list

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is there some sort of prohibition at major tournaments regarding kitbashing these days, even with 100% GW products? I feel like I already asked that in a thread since getting back into the hobby, but surely the answer is to bulk out the SA with some Astra Militarum?

I have a bunch of RT guard I intend to use as SA, and if anyone gives me poo poo, I will... probably not do anything. But they'll be legit.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
gently caress, those are awful.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Saturday I took a 3k list of UMs plus a Warhound with Plasma Blaster and Vulcan Megabolter. The WH was decidedly meh, but I appreciated my opponent shooting at it out of fear rather than my actually useful Suzerains and Lascannon heavy weapon squad.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

panascope posted:

Who won though?

It’s more that he lost. Badly.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I broke out a Knight army for the first time this past Saturday. Not nearly as OP as in first. It turned out 3 hours in that our IW player was doing Haywire wrong, which would have helped to know, but it was a good time all round.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I picked Ultras because I've been playing Ultras since the 1990s.

Then in 2nd I did up Knights because I've always wanted to and Death Guard for their trench/artillery feel.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

JcDent posted:

Ofc, nobody cares about that nerd stuff, so I'll ask a different question: do you mix Legion and regular helmets in a unit?

I do, but the vast majority of my models have DG pickel helmets. Maybe a quarter are just Mk3 marines.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

We played 30k tonight!

His Titan (grey) shot my Titan (red) and made it explode, with a blast radius sufficient to catch his own Titan and made it explode, taking out the half his army he had left.

Ah, good times.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Cleaning my Reaver (if you know what I mean)

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Every year I tell myself I'm going to LVO, and every year I fail to do so.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Mr Sinister scoffs at the question

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
If you just want pictures, use the Waback Machine on forgeworld's site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

ijyt posted:

I am unreasonably excited for militia and going to get started on my project again as soon as those rules drop.

I have so many RT guardsmen ready for this