Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hbag has a job???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cls I didn’t double check the door before I left oh god I bet jet ran away oh god

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

legit tho I’ve only once left the door unlocked and yet every day I either immediately forget I locked it and have to double check 3 times in a row, or I don’t have memory of doing it at all

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

is that normal, to not remember

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Stringent posted:

my remaining cat is 20 years old, if i ever get another one i think i'm going to try click training them to do fun stuff.

aww kitty baby

I really should train my next cats better, mine has a tendency to use his claws :mad:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Stringent posted:

yeah, it's normal to forget habitual motions

good ughhhhhhh please be cool jet don’t be stupid

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hbag posted:

does doing nothing but reading docs at work count as "getting nothing done" or am i being paranoid

depends, is anyone waiting on you to get a specific unit of work done

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hbag posted:

why does bottled water have a "best before" date. it's loving water

plastics. ever had five year old bottled water? it’s disgusting

quote:

im trying to get a unity package working but its being a pain in the rear end so im reading docs to see if im just making the package wrong

if it’s directly related to tasks you’re trying to get done then anything you do is considered work and anyone who gives you poo poo for it should be pushed in front of a bus

if it WASN’T related to a task you’re trying to get done, but it’s still about your job (e.g. game dev), then it’s still work and anyone who gives you poo poo for it should be pushed in front of a bus

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hackathon project: a small device to check if a door has been locked and emit its status online, on request

aka the “pollyanna is finally getting old machine”

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jesus loving christ I’ve been on something awful for over half my life.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hbag posted:

brand new bottled water also tastes disgusting but im drinking it because i dont have anything else rn

v true tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

it’ll go bad before then IME

especially if it’s poo poo plastic