Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

the dennis hastert of yospos

jokes, hbag is a standup poster

when did hbag get a standing desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i would run it on my own hardware but lol im not putting anything on my network on the open internet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got like five billion ports open its fine hbag

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean besides the fact that its 6:14 AM and you're still online. go to bed.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Beeftweeter posted:

lol for a second there i thought you meant dennis haysbert

Hats for butter. Keep butter quiet. ¡Gracias!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

the dennis hastert of yospos

jokes, hbag is a standup poster

heyo!

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
nice bars. amazing what technology can do

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
im work today. the usual sunday shift

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
cls: thanksgiving recess over, time for the cataclysmic rush of final exams and projects. also presenting research in pittsburgh next weekend which is terrifying

this cowboy guy popped up on my youtubes though and made me feel better about things in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0-ttGGB7b4

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cjs: ugh

xfinity's been out for 15 hours, i finally snapped and scheduled centurylink gig fiber install for Saturday. hopefully it'll actually work

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

xfinity's been out for 15 hours, i finally snapped and scheduled centurylink gig fiber install for Saturday. hopefully it'll actually work

death to comcast, amen

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Jonny 290 posted:

yikes

if you just want some 5g data to tide you over, if you use the built-in cellular data store in settings on the ipad, t-mobile will give you 5 GB for 150 days for :10bux:. i've tried to get the same deal over the phone and they won't do it for whatever reason

you can tether it too, and i've plugged it into a router before when fios went down (thankfully the worst outage has been like 5 hours at most, but still.)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Oh i have the poor trash $15/mo plan, i can't figure out how to navigate to that even if they would offer it to me. thanks tho!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Jonny 290 posted:

Oh i have the poor trash $15/mo plan, i can't figure out how to navigate to that even if they would offer it to me. thanks tho!

oh its pretty easy, settings -> cellular data -> t-mobile -> go prepaid

they also have a 5gb for 30 days thats $40 though, idk what the difference is and i don't care lol

if it's uncapped or some poo poo it doesn't really matter imo, i still get 300 mbps with 2 bars anyway

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
All good, thanks, my screens are different and it just kicks me to a postpaid plan selection screen. I'm calling it good though as i still have a couple gigs on my plan and i moved the install up to the 30th anyways

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yup all good. thats just the cheapest thing i could come up with that doesn't totally suck :shobon:

glad to hear you were able to move the date up too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I was really pleasantly surprised the last time I went to deal with Xfinity. I went to one of their stores in person to try to bargain down my plan and was expecting it to be like pulling teeth, but the guy basically said "drat, yeah, you really are overpaying. Let me knock you down to 50 bucks a month and speed it up to 400."

I don't know if that day I got the one person in the company who cares, but it was an excellent customer relations move, because I've told that story every time internet and cable plans have come up.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah it was painless to schedule my cancellation for the 10th, dude didnt fight after i said "it's been out for fifteen hours, i called your competitor, they can do gigabit for 30 bucks less than what you're charging me for 100mbit".

"oh, ok"

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I was really pleasantly surprised the last time I went to deal with Xfinity. I went to one of their stores in person to try to bargain down my plan and was expecting it to be like pulling teeth, but the guy basically said "drat, yeah, you really are overpaying. Let me knock you down to 50 bucks a month and speed it up to 400."

I don't know if that day I got the one person in the company who cares, but it was an excellent customer relations move, because I've told that story every time internet and cable plans have come up.

i think they do this kind of stuff often. my wife called and complained about them charging for a setup visit and they gave us a discount on the service.

it's frustrating, i'd rather just pay an average lower price rather than try to haggle with them.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the phrase “the fruits of my profession are poisonous” entered my head and will not leave

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

rotor posted:

the phrase “the fruits of my profession are poisonous” entered my head and will not leave

https://twitter.com/kirstiemallsopp/status/1541176725530460163

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
me and my husband have been watching it is always sunny out in philadelphia with dinner, good show.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I play random episodes of that when I have no idea what to watch. It's good they dont really build on each other much aside from the few major character arcs (cricket)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The sunny podcast is ok too but it's a podcast so eh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
iasip is pretty good. the latest season didnt really grab me so i bailed couple eps in, but Sweet Dee Has A Heart Attack is one of the best sitcom episodes ever made

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im still in awe of the episode where mac dances. i just really didn't expect a touching, sexy contemporary dance routine about coming out in it's always sunny in fuckin philadelphia. it pretty much cemented the showrunners as some of the greatest artists to touch tv in the past 50 years to me

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

All good, thanks, my screens are different and it just kicks me to a postpaid plan selection screen. I'm calling it good though as i still have a couple gigs on my plan and i moved the install up to the 30th anyways

enjoy your symmetric up/down speeds. the biggest advantage of fiber by far vs cable "1 gig down!!! 10mb up"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
considering i run an ftp server, yes, i am very excited about that aspect. :)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's getting a little long in the tooth but what do you expect from the longest running sitcom of all time? It's good and they earned it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Hell it's spawned a huge number of immediately relatable memes alone

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
ive never liked it but the memes it has given us are good.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cls: went to my therapist this morning and he recommended a joe rogan podcast featuring dr. phil and now i think i need to find another therapist because yikes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

report your therapist to whatever board you think might investigate, then find a new therapist

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Kazinsal posted:

report your therapist to whatever board you think might investigate, then find a new therapist

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

cls: went to my therapist this morning and he recommended a joe rogan podcast featuring dr. phil and now i think i need to find another therapist because yikes

lol

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
he's an older aussie dude who we established in our first session was on the conservative side of things but it just came up that one time and he's been quite helpful since then but

fuckin' doctor phil are you making GBS threads me dude

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

:ohno:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

sever

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

Hell it's spawned a huge number of immediately relatable memes alone

"not only are all of these people real, they've been asking for their mail all week"

i love that episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

lmfaooooooo