Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it was rainy today

lunch: turkey, salami, ghost pepperjack, raw onion, brown mustard, wasabi sauce, mayo on sourdough, grilled

making-lunch-snack: raw onion wrapped in salami. try it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Achmed Jones posted:

lunch: turkey, salami, ghost pepperjack, raw onion, brown mustard, wasabi sauce, mayo on sourdough, grilled

would

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Vintersorg posted:

first of all - your dog is cute :)

second of all - i loving HATE that if i click to open a TIMG its HUGE, i liked the way it was before when it opened up but not massive

thank you :shobon:

Ciaphas posted:

didn't it always just go to the width of the browser window at max? still what it's doing for me

yeah the behavior didnt seem to change here either. theres a bug report thread in the announcement, maybe try that?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

soon i will be able to close my laptop, un plug it, and then discus throw it into my backyard

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

if you clicked it a second time it would resize it to fill maybe half the length of the frame

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

did they *ssssssfffff* did they give him a loan :xd:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cywd1LvCfO8

friday night

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Vintersorg posted:

if you clicked it a second time it would resize it to fill maybe half the length of the frame

seems to work the same as it did for me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
cell signal around here has been utter poo poo the past few days. gently caress you, verizon.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
God I have been completely loving worthless at work this week, think I'm finally getting back in my groove though. I know it's probably fine but my anxiety is not getting the message heh.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
what’s the best way to get from heathrow to kings cross? (besides “practice”).

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

teleportation

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I don’t know what i did to deserve that shitpost but it is not appreciated.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

probably Heathrow express to Paddington and then the underground to King’s Cross

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

probably Heathrow express to Paddington and then the underground to King’s Cross

i was considering that but apparently the heathrow express is a gorillion pounds. idk, if that’s the best way then I’ll just suck it up. ty.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i was always expensing it when i used to travel to london a lot for work, so i can’t remember how much it costs lol. i guess for two adults and two(?) kids it would add up

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

i was considering that but apparently the heathrow express is a gorillion pounds. idk, if that’s the best way then I’ll just suck it up. ty.

just have work paid for it that's what i did

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

transfer at Mornington Crescent

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

maybe we’ll just walk instead. can’t be that far.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fond memories of my first ever moment in England landing at Gatwick and going to an info station about their wacky de-nationalized rail system and I said to the guy "I need the cheapest way to get to central London"

"Well that'd be walking, wouldn't it?"

lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mystes posted:

transfer at Mornington Crescent

what do you mean? transfer to where? transfer from where???

mystes
May 31, 2006

maybe google it after you get where you're going so you have time to be annoyed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

you mother fucker.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

maybe google it after you get where you're going so you have time to be annoyed

lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
I fixed a contact but now I think it’s in backwards and now I’m stuck wondering if it’s worth fixing or not

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

that gets suuuper annoying for me, i wouldn't even be able to leave it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol i would not be able to abide one minute of an inside-out contact

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I use dailies if that helps.

Not sure I did but the contact did fall out when I tried to fix it. so I should have just suffered. alas

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah i do too, toric ones also lol

inside out they do tend to just pop out when you blink, idk. it's super scratchy feeling imo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Lazerbeams, y'all. Tellin' ya

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

i'm gonna the next time i go to korea because its like $15k more here lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

i'm gonna the next time i go to korea because its like $15k more here lol

It was $5k for both eyes for me in SF at UCSF, an actual reputable place that did thorough testing first

After insurance it was $4.8k :thumbsup:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ive gotten too used to how i look in glasses. i keep contacts for sports and such

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

After insurance it was $4.8k :thumbsup:

:negative:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I do miss how dashingly intellectual my thick frame glasses made me look but I like being able to see really well 24/7 much more. Sometimes I sit and stare at far away trees just because I can now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i switch between glasses and contacts pretty often and most people recognize me either way

probably helps that i look good either way :smuggo:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

I do miss how dashingly intellectual my thick frame glasses made me look but I like being able to see really well 24/7 much more. Sometimes I sit and stare at far away trees just because I can now

i can do that! it's just a green blob though

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Fortaleza posted:

saving lasers for when diabetic retinopathy starts happening so I have the freshest of blood capillaries

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i want the eye lasers, but it'll have to wait until i get a new job. plus i'm scared of how much drier my eyes will be afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i dont think my insurance pays for lasik and i blew up most of my hsa getting bionic titanium implants so im stuck with garbo human eyes :cripes: