Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

did you salt the water or add salt at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nice rundown! I'm glad coffee is on the come-up. the whole world should enjoy it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i started taking my meds again (again) and forgot that adjusting to having more serotonin loving sucks

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

endlessmonotony posted:

I'm reading some posting (all salt) before returning to chores.

:cheers:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

fart simpson posted:

we have a pretty decent local roaster around here and theyre stuff tastes good but its incredibly expensive.

yeah this is every roaster in HK as well. the quality is p excellent to be fair, but it’s eye bleedingly expensive compared to the states

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

yeah this is every roaster in HK as well. the quality is p excellent to be fair, but it’s eye bleedingly expensive compared to the states

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

fart simpson posted:

step 1. learn korean

read my posts and tell me if you think im smart enough to lear na language

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

read my posts and tell me if you think im smart enough to lear na language

you don’t need smarts all you need is motivation. hundreds of millions of people have learned korean and only most of them are smarter than you, not all of them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

fart simpson posted:

you don’t need smarts all you need is motivation. hundreds of millions of people have learned korean and only most of them are smarter than you, not all of them

if i get this grant ill start learning

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
korean is really easy to learn

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beeftweeter posted:

people keep saying this and i keep saying im very stupdi!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Beeftweeter posted:

learn the alphabet / syllabic writing system in a morning, 4-6 years more-than-full time to be able to talk at a 9th grade level

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
c shopping s: spent the last hour trying to buy shorts. in scotland. In december. i am an imbecile

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: i don't understand. why is it monday?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs: I have adderall again :)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

breakfast chat: I don’t

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
looking at the bad screen this morning and i’m not happy about it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've seen a lot of things in my time, but this.. this is the true face of evil

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
my wife made banana chocolate chip muffins yesterday so that was breakfast today

these days it's usually a serving of vector cereal and some 2% milk. probably too much sugar but it's fine for now

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Kenny Logins posted:

these days it's usually a serving of vector cereal and some 2% milk. probably too much sugar but it's fine for now

wow, your cereal has both magnitude and direction?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my top brekkie choices are either a super runny egg on a piece of toast with a sprinkle of garlic salt, or a poached egg on top of a bowl of rice with a spritz of soy sauce and something spicy mixed in

otherwise I usually just skip

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

ehhhh it’s easy to learn to read, but I wouldn’t say any agglutinative language is anything close to easy to learn

iirc the us gov considers Finnish, Hungarian, Estonian, Korean, and Japanese as all equally challenging alongside tonal languages like mandarin or Vietnamese

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yeah, i can't be arsed to make breakfast :( it's random af

we bought some costco muffins and they force you to buy 2 packages so we cut them all in half and take a half for breakfast then freeze the rest
if those breakfast pogos are on sale for like $6 i get them as they are decent - they are normally like $9-$10
and maybe once a week, usually friday, treat myself to something from McD's (the new blt egg mcmuffin is pretty good)

weekends i have time to make stuff though - french toast, sausage+egg+toast, pancakes, veggie omlettes, depends whats laying around haha

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm having yogurt with granola right now

it's good. bad screen is not

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

apparently swedish is real easy to learn for english speakers because the grammar is almost identical

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

apparently swedish is real easy to learn for english speakers because the grammar is almost identical

Swedish danish and Norwegian are all stupid easy to learn, yeah. you only conjugate verbs for tense and not for person, so for instance:

I am fat -> jeg er fett
you are fat -> du er fett

there are several things that are more similar to German that are kind of weird for English speakers, like no present progressive, but it’s minimal

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
no breakfast crew checking in. i drink coffee and eat something when i get hungry, which is usually around lunchtime.

i also skip breakfast on the weekends but that's mostly because i sleep in if given the chance

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs gettin the itch to try and put together a Grand Unifying Bytecode Theory for NES and SNES again

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Yeah I just wash an Adderall down with an energy drink then eat when I get hungry around like 3 PM-ish on work days

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Yeah I just wash an Adderall down with an energy drink then eat when I get hungry around like 3 PM-ish on work days

:stonk:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Swedish danish and Norwegian are all stupid easy to learn, yeah. you only conjugate verbs for tense and not for person, so for instance:

I am fat -> jeg er fett
you are fat -> du er fett

there are several things that are more similar to German that are kind of weird for English speakers, like no present progressive, but it’s minimal

you could say the same for chinese in certain situations:

I am fat -> 我很肥
you are fat -> 你很肥

if you are identifying as fat, then it would be 是 instead of 很

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

InternetOfTwinks posted:

god I wish that were me meme

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Pollyanna posted:

cjs gettin the itch to try and put together a Grand Unifying Bytecode Theory for NES and SNES again

amphetamines are fun lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i still haven't got my rx :argh:

to make up for it i've been absolutely ridiculously stoned all weekend

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

i still haven't got my rx :argh:

to make up for it i've been absolutely ridiculously stoned all weekend

i didn't notice a difference in your posting at all

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: think I have COVID again and not looking forward to missing work right now because of new deadllines :negative:
gotta run up to the pharmacy and get a new PCR test so I know for sure.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

dioxazine posted:

i didn't notice a difference in your posting at all

lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dioxazine posted:

you could say the same for chinese in certain situations:

I am fat -> 我很肥
you are fat -> 你很肥

if you are identifying as fat, then it would be 是 instead of 很

oh yeah! Chinese is analytical right? so there’s no conjugation or tense anything, direct translation is like “the boy run fast” or “the boy run fast earlier” or “the boy run fast soon”

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

oh yeah! Chinese is analytical right? so there’s no conjugation or tense anything, direct translation is like “the boy run fast” or “the boy run fast earlier” or “the boy run fast soon”

you can tense things, but they tend to be prefixes. languages rule!

Video Nasty posted:

cjs: think I have COVID again and not looking forward to missing work right now because of new deadllines :negative:
gotta run up to the pharmacy and get a new PCR test so I know for sure.

oh no. hope this goes well for you and you didn't contract COVID again. good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dioxazine posted:

you can tense things, but they tend to be prefixes. languages rule!

:hf: