Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

yeah rip

The Big Sleep (1939) is a hardboiled crime novel by American-British writer Raymond Chandler
[...] The title is a euphemism for death; the final pages of the book refer to a rumination about "sleeping the big sleep".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mystes posted:

I have heard it's possible to solve this by making your bed, although i have not personally tried it myself

im 20. come on.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i'm really pushing to get out of bed at the last possible minute before this meeting at 8am

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hbag posted:

im 20. come on.

You can teach kids to make their own bed by the time they're like 6

mystes
May 31, 2006

I honestly don't think I've ever once made my bed when getting up in the morning or whatever you're supposed to do.

Also I have a tendency to kick the sheets off my bed from tossing and turning and be too lazy to get out of bed to make it again properly so I end up just kind of trying to wrap the sheets around my feet so they won't get cold and go back to sleep.

This doesn't actually work very well though

mystes fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 24, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbag posted:

cut my sleep into pieces
this is my last report

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i have to do it or my cats will get hair all over the place. not a big deal for me but my wife gets stuffed up from the dander. and one of the cats like going underneath on her pillows. so we cover it up and hope she stays on top.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

my husband and I make the bed a couple hours before bed. it's a nice little thing to do together.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes posted:

i'm really pushing to get out of bed at the last possible minute before this meeting at 8am

8am meeting was pushed back to 8:30, but the email wasn't sent until a few minutes ago. i could've stayed in bed another half hour :argh:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

get up, get off, then work

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i can’t believe i have to work tomorrow only a four day weekend r hosed up

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

perma 4 day weekends would kick rear end.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

4 day work week please with Mondays off

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

4 day work week please with Mondays off

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

hbag posted:

cut my sleep into pieces
this is my last report

wonderful, 10/10

Video Nasty posted:

we got some flannel sheets that feel really good to lay down on

agreed, this is an excellent winter tip

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I love when it gets cold enough to put warm flannel sheets on the bed and again when it gets hot enough to put the cool smooth ones on

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there’s one company that i know of here that does 4 day week, but I’d have to switch to Java and take a >20% pay cut

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I love when it gets cold enough to put warm flannel sheets on the bed and again when it gets hot enough to put the cool smooth ones on

The other sheets we got are "jersey knit" and it's like sleeping on a comfy t-shirt :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i don't even bother with sheets. we just got a thick duvet we use all year round. but gonna buy a thinner one for summer this year so we aren't dying - mostly my wife though who turns into a heat factory.

ikea has a nice one for like $60 CAD im eyeing up. they sold out last year due to the insane heatwave lol

jersey knit is pro though - love our set. need to get more but finding twin xl in stores is tough. we got 2 temper pedic mattresses as i like it more soft and my wife more firm.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol guessing a bunch of adhd nerds don't really make the bed much

we got microfiber sheets. they are very nice but get ratty really quickly. when they're new they feel like silk though

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't think I like the texture of microfiber

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
they don't feel like glasses wipes if that's what you mean

i've only slept on them a few times in college (:wiggle:) but the best analogy i can figure for out of the box new ones would be silk really. after you wash them they pretty much feel like a tshirt, which is still nice but not the same

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think I tried them and didn't like the texture even though they're not as bad as microfiber cleaning clothes. I don't like microfiber shirts either. I'm otherwise not that picky about materials for sheets though.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah i could see it i guess, it's kind of a strange texture and doesn't breathe very well

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

linen ftw

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lol just got asked what the 4 pillars of oop are.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i just want to find whatever cloud poo poo i slept in at a hotel by the airport in athens. it was like loving heaven. i couldn't believe it. looks like it was a Sofitel.

e: this poo poo, drat: https://na.sofitelboutique.com/product.aspx?featherbed

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

KidDynamite posted:

did you respond with "i got a pillar for ya right here"

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

sorry the "being awake for 24 hours" headache is making my posts worse

mystes
May 31, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Sounds like a very up to date company that you would definitely want to work at

hbag posted:

sorry the "being awake for 24 hours" headache is making my posts worse
go to bed

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

i love my linen shirts and i wish i could afford linen bedding

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mystes posted:

go to bed

nope. report's due in 4 hours and im not done yet

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cls: my toes are cold

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

doesn’t swift/iOS support compositional programming? or are some of the base APIs still heavily OOP like Android

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

well, yes (to both)

a lot of it is still basically wrapping around the objc runtime in some way. until its completely deprecated i don't think that will change either

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
If programming in Swift made you want to die you could call it decompositional programming

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hbag posted:

cut my sleep into pieces
this is my last report

no. you’re not allowed to be funny

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

prefect posted:

i'm so far behind with the crosswords. like three weeks. :smith:

(it certainly sounds like jeffk, but it's not like he was the only source of that kind of wording)

tl;dr absolutely came from these forums

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah i think i saw tl;dr here first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

DELETE CASCADE posted:

tl;dr absolutely came from these forums