Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i found my Tiny Shorts that im usually too dysphoric to wear but i gotta because it's loving Roasting

also theyre cute shorts so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hbag posted:

i found my Tiny Shorts that im usually too dysphoric to wear but i gotta because it's loving Roasting

also theyre cute shorts so

wish you the best to ride out this heat wave as comfortably as possible

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
arent you up in the north where the heat wave is like getting up to 25 lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i find it kind of funny that the discourse around uk heat wave is "our houses are built to hold the heat though!!". like is there a prevailing thought there that most halfway modern buildings in europe and north america aren't insulated?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kenny Logins posted:

i find it kind of funny that the discourse around uk heat wave is "our houses are built to hold the heat though!!". like is there a prevailing thought there that most halfway modern buildings in europe and north america aren't insulated?

oi, ev'rytings poo poo, its meant to be poo poo, dont like it theres the door *points towards warped rhombus shaped doorframe and door that doesnt actually close properly*

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

what they actually mean is that uk houses tend to be pretty bad. not well insulated, but also retaining heat and with ventilation more by accident than design.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

bump_fn posted:

oi, ev'rytings poo poo, its meant to be poo poo, dont like it theres the door *points towards warped rhombus shaped doorframe and door that doesnt actually close properly*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwdYUIQzu-o&t=44s

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

lol

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

what they actually mean is that uk houses tend to be pretty bad. not well insulated, but also retaining heat and with ventilation more by accident than design.
lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1549037489616068608?s=21&t=KkuvybThbBmBl81GVIKFuA

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

all the pieces fit now

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i'm just laying in a big bed with my air conditioner on. :smug:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

john cage wrote a track about it

the shortwave bands fade out and go quiet when we get stormed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

uk raf should make a new runaway out of all the surplus toothbrushes and food seasonings

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

john cage wrote a track about it

the shortwave bands fade out and go quiet when we get stormed

link??? that sounds cool as hell

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh lol that was a 4'33" joke

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

all the sex arses i imported by plane! IM RUINED

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao

to be fair my brain is currently cooking

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Wu-oh, check isn't in my bank account. Apparently they switched payment processors this month and it should be in my account by EOD but I think I'll update my linkedin profile now, just to be catty.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, sorry all our ukposters are gettin this heat wave. i know it sucks! we been roasting here too.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My power went out last month for ~18hrs after a mini-derecho ripped through Chicago and the next day we had the hottest day recorded for the year. Brick houses absolutely bake you inside with no ability to cool the air down.
Luckily, we have a basement where the temperature stays 30° cooler.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

but jonny i thought you WANTED to see poo poo get worse for me!!!!!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cjs: have to be on a call at 8 am (that is, 30 minutes ago) because dipshit and dumbass at $other_company hosed something up again

cls: apartment complex forcibly upgraded our internet service and had our isp install a rental modem. "oh don't worry the charges will drop off, it's an automatic process". isp sent me a bill for $190 today

e: today is also the day apartment complex is coming to forcibly install smart home bullshit

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

aw man that's boring. i was hoping it'd be cool space sounds or maybe the screams of the damned

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
chloe is taking the heat better than me lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

aw man that's boring. i was hoping it'd be cool space sounds or maybe the screams of the damned

this is kinda along those lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ul9vI9Rs_w

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

shortly after sputnik launched, some guy in america set up a tape recorder and radio and let it record for a while, then a japanese band remixed that recording in the 90s. big wednesday.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

shortly after sputnik launched, some guy in america set up a tape recorder and radio and let it record for a while, then a japanese band remixed that recording in the 90s. big wednesday.

ohy eah, pal???? well how about a japanese band that recorded a whole album on a broken tape deck and had the cops called on them because a receptionist at the recording studio thought they were being murdered??????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSpzkfggH0E

also, the album's named after you're posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk i only posted that because it’s an old recording of space sounds and seemed relevant to the discussion

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

bump_fn posted:

chloe is taking the heat better than me lol

cats are desert animals and *love* the heat

the cat i had while growing up would go out onto our asphalt driveway in the middle of the summer and just BAKE there for hours. he loved it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

idk i only posted that because it’s an old recording of space sounds and seemed relevant to the discussion

tje heat is getting to me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

fart simpson posted:

this is neat, ty

edit: i know exactly which playlist i'm adding this too this is perfect, ty again

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

tje heat is getting to me

how much heat does your pc output maybe turn it off so you can cook down and also you can’t post winwin

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

cats are desert animals and *love* the heat

the cat i had while growing up would go out onto our asphalt driveway in the middle of the summer and just BAKE there for hours. he loved it

a friends cat growing up used to sleep under the woodstove while it was in use. all the hair on his back was burned off and his skin was scarred and scabbed over all the time in the winter. little dude loves the heat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

this is neat, ty

edit: i know exactly which playlist i'm adding this too this is perfect, ty again

cheers mate

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's 69°F again. im at the dentist

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Awesome, got the payment confirmation. Always feel like a bit of a dick when I have to talk to somebody about where my loving money is, but also where's the loving money Lebowski?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

cool space sounds

https://archive.org/details/VoyagerRecordings-SymphoniesOfThePlanets15CompleteRecordings

quote:

For instance, the probes picked up the interaction of solar wind on the planets magnetospheres, which releases ionic particles with an audible vibration frequency. Essentially, we can then translate these waves into sound waves and put them on an album. The probes also recorded:

Waves from the magnetosphere

Trapped radio waves bouncing between each planet and the inner surface of its atmosphere

Electromagnetic field noise in space itself

Charged particle interactions of each planet, its moons and solar wind

Waves from charged particle emissions from the rings of some planets

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ah i got it slightly wrong sorry the band didnt get the cops called on them, a DJ did

quote:

A great anecdote from college radio DJ gene.hopstetter.jr:
"I once received a frantic phone call. The person was afraid I was getting beat up and asked if I needed help. Why? I was playing Hanatarash 4 and she thought there was a fight in the studio."

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

but hanatarash did have the cops called on them for multiple other, unrelated events*

*like driving a bulldozer through a venue and then trying to throw a lit molotov on the rubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Zamujasa posted:

e: today is also the day apartment complex is coming to forcibly install smart home bullshit

https://twitter.com/xkeepah/status/1549087836715962369

no brand on any of it so i can't even look up and see what the smart lock is or how much it sucks rear end and/or how easy it is to unlock