Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

prefect posted:

ctvs: hbo max no longer has space ghost coast to coast (premiered thirty years ago today) available for streaming :argh:

edit: hulu also sucks donkey balls

coincidentally, they're streaming the 30th anniversary here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiheRTcwkc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mystes posted:

As in people driving manual keep burning out their transmission and have to replace it?

yep

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rotor posted:

this is the worst sequence of words Ive read all day
here's the chaser: the win7 vm is 32-bit, because it's the winCE 6 builder and the build consistently breaks hard on 64-bit processors

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

in other rather less :psyduck: news,

cls: Hey! This is Simon licensed health agent. Enrollment period got extended! Were yo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

mediaphage posted:

current dinner status

made garlic fingers and pizza

aaaggg those pepperonis :yum:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

greasily claims the quad

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I should buy a boat pizza

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mystes posted:

So she pronounces it like "Emily"? Because it could also be a southern double name that someone in HR mangled into one word

i don't care if it's "Emma-Lee" or "Emma Lee", you can't fool me it's "Emily"

mediaphage posted:

current dinner status

made garlic fingers and pizza

this looks better than anything i could possibly buy around here

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

prefect posted:

ctvs: hbo max no longer has space ghost coast to coast (premiered thirty years ago today) available for streaming :argh:

eighty two earth dollars every month? what the gently caress

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

well-read undead posted:

this kinda poo poo is why i finally spent too much time and money setting up a plex server with all my own poo poo on it

gently caress a streaming service

yeah

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dioxazine posted:

clicked and landed on 'oh hi michael stipe. your new album is called... monster?' and i crumbled to dust

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

prefect posted:

huh i guess they really did raise the price. when my parents were looking at different streaming live tv options a few months ago, hulu had a thing saying you could "lock in the price in case it goes up!" which i just figured was pressure-advertising but lmao they raised it by loving $10

it was already pretty goddamn expensive, now it's just basically $10 less than cable

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

dioxazine posted:

yeeesss

e: oh drat there's only an hour left. oh well, i can stream it on hulu apparently lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 16, 2024

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Elder Postsman posted:

eighty two earth dollars every month? what the gently caress

it's basically a premium cable package too. not that i'm excusing the price or anything, but it's a better lineup than youtube tv and at least used to be cheaper, lol

of course 99.9% of what's on cable is crap i pretty much never watch, but meh i'm not the one paying for it

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

lol at bringing back bloated cable packages, the very thing that made netflix streaming a runaway success because of how superior it was

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

boomers apparently love it, my parents leave that poo poo streaming like 18 hours a day lol

which is how i know there are apparently a gazillion episodes of an extremely dumb show called "the dead files", where some guy with a thick jersey accent goes around and plays ghost detective or some poo poo. it's like crack to them, they love that show. imo it's one of the lesser scooby doo ripoffs

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

apparently wifi 7 has a theoretical max speed of 46gbps. what the gently caress
like i know in practice itll be at least an order of magnitude slower but still

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

boomers and only boomers, i guess they gotta milk that cow before they're all dead

altho not hard to imagine some kind of gen z retro fascination with cable becoming a thing

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there's no object to ooh and aah over like vinyl, 8-track and vhs, tho

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bob dobbs is dead posted:

there's no object to ooh and aah over like vinyl, 8-track and vhs, tho

tivo box

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

well-read undead posted:

boomers and only boomers, i guess they gotta milk that cow before they're all dead

altho not hard to imagine some kind of gen z retro fascination with cable becoming a thing

i don't think gen z has the attention span required to learn hulu's live tv interface. it is absolutely loving terrible and it took at least a few weeks for my parents to not have to ask me how to use it

and i still have to keep explaining concepts like "playing what you want on demand is easier, doesn't require you to 'record' it, doesn't have as many ads (if any), and costs literally 5x less", to no avail as of yet

e: oh and bafflingly they "like the ads and want to watch them". like, i don't understand this part at all lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hbag posted:

a lot of american names are like that. just normal names but spelled hosed up to be quirky or something
jezza. jerma. gaz. cozza

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kenny Logins posted:

jezza. jerma. gaz. cozza

these are nicknames, not legal names

e: plus jerma lives in vegas

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Beeftweeter posted:

e: oh and bafflingly they "like the ads and want to watch them". like, i don't understand this part at all lol

i sometimes think about how us olds have the shared cultural context of tv ads, which don't really have a contemporary equivalent. like there are lovely liberty mutual ads we're all forced to sit through, but nothing like the variety and quantity of pre-00s tv. and i wonder if something was lost there

but lol at sitting through that poo poo voluntarily, we shared that experience because we literally didn't have a choice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

:siren: "fire ant" time :siren:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c tax s: peak at 120k active users at 8:03 pm

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

goddamnit "hoona igna chowa neha" is eight syllables :argh:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

goddamnit "hoona igna chowa neha" is eight syllables :argh:

lol is 3

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

well-read undead posted:

i sometimes think about how us olds have the shared cultural context of tv ads, which don't really have a contemporary equivalent. like there are lovely liberty mutual ads we're all forced to sit through, but nothing like the variety and quantity of pre-00s tv. and i wonder if something was lost there

but lol at sitting through that poo poo voluntarily, we shared that experience because we literally didn't have a choice

there were a lot of these things that were just part of the zeitgeist, if you ask someone around the average yospos age group "who shot JR?" they will know what you're talking about even if they've never seen dallas, just like they'd know what "wazzzuuupp?" would be referencing even if they hate budweiser. most of us could probably rattle off entire simpsons scripts from memory, would scoff at this being the worst day of jack bauer's life, and all of us know the names of the three chipmunks, etc.

a lot of that shared experience is gone, not only due to most people not watching broadcast television but also because of the plethora of garbage options there are today. like, there's such a glut of content that even if we all had free netflix or whatever that there's an extremely slim chance we all watched the same thing at the same time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it's one, pronounced like "lawl"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

hmm both are acceptable apparently

but cf. "spit it out" by babyshambles i'm inclined to think it's one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EILjHFrx7SY

(first line: "lol no, if you please")

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

löl

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
'shared experience' is just called 'memes' now hth

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dioxazine posted:

ooh, thanks for this. now i can watch some :allears:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you mean kids today don’t know the budweiser frogs????

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the what

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
posted this in the wrong thread

bump_fn posted:

i skipped work and had some friends over and we made lasagna from almost scratch (homemade pasta, ground the steak for ragu, but used tinned tomatoes for the sauce)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's so hard to get up and go to work when penny comes by and snuggles up right under my arm to be petted and starts purring

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

It's so hard to get up and go to work when penny comes by and snuggles up right under my arm to be petted and starts purring

i thought this was the haiku thread for a second and was really worried you didn't know what a haiku was

anyway, hard agree about cat snuggles making me want to just call in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: i'd rather not