Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i just did the budget based on numbers for the new gig and found myself budgeting 350/mo for weed, and all i smoke is flower. new gig doesn't care where I work from and pays enough that I can do some travel right away, so maybe I'll take inspiration from you and bust out of this funk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

e: oh and its loving expensive to be a drunk. 20 bucks a day. compared to going down and picking up a half zip of weed for 70 bucks which will keep me going for a couple of months.

god yeah this is one of the worst parts. I've gone from chewing through two or three half racks and a 750 of rum or whiskey a week and getting drunk every night to one half rack on the weekend + two or three beers with the boys once week and it's way better for both the wallet and the wasteline

might actually be able to start losing weight again instead of just maintaining it too! :toot:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
<3 jonny

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

good work Jonny 😃

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

big :yossame:, wishing you well

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i just did the budget based on numbers for the new gig and found myself budgeting 350/mo for weed, and all i smoke is flower. new gig doesn't care where I work from and pays enough that I can do some travel right away, so maybe I'll take inspiration from you and bust out of this funk.

lol i set up a store credit line and limited it to $300 to make sure i don't go overboard. thats effectively for 2 people though and we've been able to maintain it for roughly the past 6 months, but the strains available around here are increasingly dank and i feel like that might be cheating

for sure in a funk too though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

it was interesting when they announced the lockdown (to begin the next day). everything cleared out within like an hour and it was dead quiet

unfortunately i had already contracted covid by then, thanks cuomo

you should really be thanking cuomoesse

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Layover in Newark: gently caress poo poo is overpriced here even on airport inflation's standards goddamn

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Also sincerely wish everyone involved with making the decision to remove all smoking areas past security in airports gets lung cancer.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hey theyre not the ones smoking

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

get a vape and use it in the handicap stall like an adult

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

actually I guess kids do that nowadays don’t they

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Layover in Newark: gently caress poo poo is overpriced here even on airport inflation's standards goddamn

lol look out towards the statue of liberty you can see my building

(don't actually though because they don't let you back into the terminal if you leave)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Also sincerely wish everyone involved with making the decision to remove all smoking areas past security in airports gets lung cancer.

this is how i found out they dont let you back in btw. get on a flight from LGA they dont give a gently caress

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Beeftweeter posted:

lol look out towards the statue of liberty you can see my building

(don't actually though because they don't let you back into the terminal if you leave)

and if you look really far into the distance you can see mine too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

and if you look really far into the distance you can see mine too

lol iot use the telescope

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my flipper zero arrived today and i've been scanning all my gadgets and cards. getting a lot of side eye at home for being excited about waving weird gadget over plastic card, but idk

matti
Mar 31, 2019

InternetOfTwinks posted:

it is too much

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
ilu jonny

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus WEP posted:

oh drat federer is retiring, arguably the 2 goats gone in the span of a month

sucks we won't get one last run with him against the new blood

Vintersorg posted:

is agassi considered goat?

not really but you should watch/read this

https://www.tennis365.com/tennis-videos/watch-amazing-story-andre-agassi-boris-beckers-serve-watching-tongue/

bump_fn posted:

its gonna be funny seeing all the uptight people angry that now djoko is going to be undeniably the best when he plays eight more years

slams are better with him not in them :colbert:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
big foe wouldve beat alcaraz if his first serve didnt loving collapse

lol if you didnt watch the us open

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

jesus WEP posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
jonny i'm glad to hear you're doing better. i'm happy you're here.

any news on the papers? if you don't want to talk about it that's cool too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
initial stuff is filed, i just got various financial statements in to proceed. not done, i will make sure to let ppl know if theres big progress

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hbag posted:

hey theyre not the ones smoking
hope you’re on the mend hilbo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

As a dumbass who keeps work things on his iPhone
In order to enjoy my vacation days
I want to long press any app icon and turn off notifications directly from the Home Screen

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cjs: it’s not a :airquote: hiring freeze :airquote:

we’re just not hiring anyone unless they’re super duper critical

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

critical mass

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: as long as i don't breathe too much or too fast, the back spasms stop coming

of course, there was a period last night when i thought i would literally suffocate. so things have improved

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

graph posted:

sucks we won't get one last run with him against the new blood

not really but you should watch/read this

https://www.tennis365.com/tennis-videos/watch-amazing-story-andre-agassi-boris-beckers-serve-watching-tongue/

slams are better with him not in them :colbert:

theyre absolutely more fun to watch but thats becasue the only people who could compete with him have been injured for the past few years

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs my promotion involves moving to a different team and today i was introduced to the software they use for their meetings

https://www.gather.town/

jesus loving christ

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

cute idea but jfc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Truman Peyote posted:

cjs my promotion involves moving to a different team and today i was introduced to the software they use for their meetings

jesus loving christ

lmfao

is this team ran by teenagers? or a bunch of olds who miss graal online?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Truman Peyote posted:

jesus loving christ

lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

lmfao

is this team ran by teenagers? or a bunch of olds who miss graal online?

academia thing iirc. so basically yes

e: gather.town that is, no idea about ops team

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Truman Peyote posted:

jesus loving christ

the prequel to stardew valley we may very well need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i think my workplace tried to do some social events using that at the height of the pandemic, but i never tried it for obvious reasons