Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wicked wicked jungle is massive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

What’s a tresor

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fortaleza posted:

What’s a tresor

:cmon:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
some guy made a super good old school jungle artist album maybe like 8 years ago cant remember either. old logical progressions are kinda jungle-y ? i think the blame one is

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fortaleza posted:

Friday raves by the DJ in Residence

the guggenheim nyc did this for a summer, dj three's from it is absolutely spectacular

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1570955846141485059

oh and

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1568796849292853248

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

https://twitter.com/VanHicklestein/status/1570966604808179713

got drat what a call

matti
Mar 31, 2019

beautiful

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

HamAdams posted:

got drat what a call

local folks in the booth are the best

matti posted:

beautiful

that is an insane play and should be an automatic gold glove

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

It’ a great play but gently caress the cardinals. gently caress ‘em now and forever

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/and_dads_car__/status/1571061418601811968?s=46&t=L7L5gfyhYsIE7CSMjlHDGg

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

haaland is like a create a character that you stomp the easy computer with. wtf.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Fortaleza posted:

What’s a tresor
ze girl reading zis ;-{D

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

love getting dressed to go to a family thing and doing another covid test to be sure, just for it to come back positive

for fucks sake

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

been loving planning this for weeks

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

so it was covid all along

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i deserve this

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

sorry to hear hbag. get well soon. lots of water and rest you'll be right as rain

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

still going to miss the thing we've been planning for weeks

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hbag posted:

still going to miss the thing we've been planning for weeks
it seems like a big deal BUT you were wise to take the test as a precaution. family would rather you not spread the bug and also that you get better

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: just took a covid test and it looks pretty convincingly negative

i still feel like rear end, but i guess it's something else :shrug:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
the rapid tests are seriously pretty unreliable, if you still feel lovely get a PCR

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

rapid tests have basically no false positives. if they say you have it, you have it. however, they are highly prone to false negatives. if they’re negative, you don’t have any actively shedding viral particles in the place you swabbed. negative results do not necessarily mean no covid.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

also hbag if you had went to the doctor days ago like we told you and got a pcr test you would have known it was covid for a while.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Beeftweeter posted:

the rapid tests are seriously pretty unreliable, if you still feel lovely get a PCR

i feel lousy, but i've been extremely good about avoiding human contact, so i'm thinking this is probably something else. also, some of this lousy-feeling is from the back spasms i had for a few days (and those were clearly the result of an ill-advised couch nap)

we'll see how i feel tomorrow

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

also hbag if you had went to the doctor days ago like we told you and got a pcr test you would have known it was covid for a while.

otoh nothing actionable would have come of that, and going to the doctor would have been an opportunity to infect others. which is all after the fact, but as you're after-the-facting anyway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i mean they might also have been hospitalized with how lovely they were feeling. i get your point, though.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

ive had nearly 100 pcr tests this year so far

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

study harder

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

fart simpson posted:

ive had nearly 100 pcr tests this year so far

yeah (i know you know this but)

Mr. Nice! posted:

rapid tests have basically no false positives. if they say you have it, you have it. however, they are highly prone to false negatives. if they’re negative, you don’t have any actively shedding viral particles in the place you swabbed. negative results do not necessarily mean no covid.

mr nice is very correct here. you won't get a false positive but they are lousy with false negatives

prefect posted:

i feel lousy, but i've been extremely good about avoiding human contact, so i'm thinking this is probably something else. also, some of this lousy-feeling is from the back spasms i had for a few days (and those were clearly the result of an ill-advised couch nap)

we'll see how i feel tomorrow

i mean, i pretty regularly get back spasms from having two discs removed so i totally get that, but if its more of a general "ah wtf i feel like total rear end" it's probably not just that

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Beeftweeter posted:

i mean, i pretty regularly get back spasms from having two discs removed so i totally get that, but if its more of a general "ah wtf i feel like total rear end" it's probably not just that

hey did you know they can do the test thing at a cvs drive-thru? so cool. signed up for an hour for now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

prefect posted:

hey did you know they can do the test thing at a cvs drive-thru? so cool. signed up for an hour for now

lol drive-thrus are not really a thing here :v:

better off knowing than not i think anyway. hope you feel better soon regardless

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

ze girl reading zis ;-{D

lmfao

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

have you heard of used cars?

those things poor people drive? eww

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

for the rapid tests you need to shove that thing to the back of your throat and then swab up to your brain

and you have to get someone else to do it unless you’re a sick gently caress who loves that poo poo

otherwise the tests barely work

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

for the rapid tests you need to shove that thing to the back of your throat and then swab up to your brain

and you have to get someone else to do it unless you’re a sick gently caress who loves that poo poo

otherwise the tests barely work

the instructions don't mention that at all so...
citation needed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

akadajet posted:

the instructions don't mention that at all so...
citation needed

wife is a nurse practitioner and swabbed people for 2 years

e: https://www.saskhealthauthority.ca/sites/default/files/2022-02/T2P%20-%20Specimen%20Collection%20-%20RaT.pdf

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yup, my wife has to test every incoming patient and now they have PCR, but for over a year all they had were rapids and she says the same

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

oh, I think I was confusing "rapid antigen test" with those home tests that just use a nasal swab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

akadajet posted:

oh, I think I was confusing "rapid antigen test" with those home tests that just use a nasal swab

they're both pretty bad tbh, it's easy to gently caress up the nasal swab ones too (and there's the false negative problem even if its done correctly)

if you feel like poo poo just get a pro to scrape your brain. its free for the most part