Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve been sober since 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
and I dont miss it! hangovers fuckin suck

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
good for you

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've not had food poisoning in three years, but i remember being unable to do anything but drink pedialyte and moan in pain

i did have a food allergy flare two years ago in a very specific brand of dried tofu snacks. i spent two days on benadryl getting rid of the hives and sleeping. thankfully, i can still eat dried tofu snacks

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm a puker, I throw up all the time

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cls: went antiquing yesterday and found some sick patent posters. Got this one for my office and it cracks me up every time I look at it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Just this past month ive thrown up from: drinking, drugs, and migraine. Most of my vomits are from migraines unfortunately, so I don't even get to have any fun first

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i threw up from covid a few weeks ago

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Video Nasty posted:

cls: went antiquing yesterday and found some sick patent posters. Got this one for my office and it cracks me up every time I look at it.

lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve never drank to the point of puking thankfully, I usually just get sick from eating something too greasy, or apparently falling asleep and immediately going into REM and my food sitting in my esophagus or stomach the entire time instead of digesting

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Video Nasty posted:

the patent for the slinky is fun, i love the stairs diagram :allears:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Video Nasty posted:

hahaha

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i had lots of intentions to get stuff done today. alas, monday.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Silver Alicorn posted:

I can’t remember the last time I threw up

i remember the last time you threw up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe posted:

I'm a puker, I throw up all the time

my cat has an account?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

speakin of which - we're at 2 weeks not a drop folks! still feeling great. doing a deep clean on the house last weekend and this week. it's so much nicer.
nice work buddy, happy for you :hfive:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the first time i drank anything stronger than cider it was the first time i ever got invited to a house party
when i got there my mate ethan grabbed me by the wrist and took me into the kitchen to do 6 shots of store-brand vodka
got drunk to the point where i could no longer feel pain or exertion, threw up in a storm drain outside, i think blacked out while we were walking somewhere since the last thing i remember is seeing a bus go by

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

alcohol giveth and alcohol taketh away

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
mostly taketh, tbh

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://youtu.be/_tDC2Wc2ty0

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

alcohol giveth and alcohol taketh away

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

kudos to those who've dropped it when it was causing issues - thats a huge step :)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
at the end there i was really worried i was a capital A alcoholic, but i didn't suffer any withdrawal and so far haven't fallen off the wagon. i know its only 2 weeks, but

I still do think 1-2 times a day "man i could really go for a couple fingers of evan" but i just miss the taste and the ritual. then i load a bowl and its fine.

one thing i was doing was when i was going to get a pack of smokes (shut up) i'd walk past the liquor store, intending to go to the corner gas just past it, and would say to myself "eh just go there, you don't have to cross the street" and then i'd walk in and do the "well, while i'm in here". now when i hit the gas station i take the long way around behind it so i dont even have to look at it. Sorted!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

speaking of kitchen scales, ive been measuring out cocktails by weight instead of by volume too and that’s way easier imo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that fancy cocktail book mediaphage recommended said not to measure by weight because cocktail recipes are written for measurement by volume and things will be slightly off if you do it by weight, but i spent a while calibrating some measuring cups to be 100% sure on my volume measurements and most of the stuff i measured afterward was like +/- 1 gram and i cant taste the difference

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

is the cooking by weight conversation happening in two threads simultaneously or am I about to have a psychotic break

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The Fool posted:

is the cooking by weight conversation happening in two threads simultaneously or am I about to have a psychotic break

every thread has been about food since friday afternoon

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, the weather's turning cool in Best Hemisphere and everybody's excited to get back in the kitchen

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mediaphage hasn’t posted in a month, hope he’s doing well in posting valhalla

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/IMCLUNKY/status/1574065467379023874

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nsfw that poo poo jesus christ

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Video Nasty posted:

Its been a little updated, I prefer the little black furry mouse in the original

drat, cold

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah, the weather's turning cool in Best Hemisphere and everybody's excited to get back in the kitchen

Including the wolf spiders, had two big fellows in the last two days. I'm not so bothered by spiders so they can stay as long as they pay their way and eat other bugs.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i found a spider killing and eating another spider in my bathroom a few weeks ago.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Its been a little updated, I prefer the little black furry mouse in the original

drat, cold

lmao blowing away the doe-eyed cute rat is even funnier now

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

i do. it was like 6 months ago when i was drinkin hard one night. gross.

speakin of which - we're at 2 weeks not a drop folks! still feeling great. doing a deep clean on the house last weekend and this week. it's so much nicer.

hell yeah dude

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

i do. it was like 6 months ago when i was drinkin hard one night. gross.

Excellent work

I'm looking forward to Sober October m'self

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
cjs: just got the go-ahead for travel expenses for Oktane, and the free registration voucher from our rep.

gonna try and extend the trip by three days and have my wife fly out the last day of the conference. we’ve never been to San Francisco so it should be fun.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the skid row is like a block from moscone where they tend to do conferences. so chances are youre gonna see a real live sf homeless person or 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

skid row is what they call the inside of your pants