Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

The Fool posted:

I drink these

I drink these

I don't buy them, they just get delivered along with my estrogen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Fool posted:

I drink these

go big or go home

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I think I'll be going home tyvm

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i cant tell if that says grass or gross but i dont think it makes a difference

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
grass jelly is fine, its just got a terrible english name

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

you know linux works on a MacBook too right

you numpty lmao

you *can* but it's going to be far from a pleasant experience, especially after the arm transition.

I mostly went with the Thinkpad because they offered the same model I run linux on personally, but my preferences are really linux on pc > osx on mac > windows on pc w/wsl > linux on mac.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hail to the king, baby

whats weird is i HATE grapefruit anything else. but im hooked on these.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i like plain seltzer with cocktail bitters

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
grapefruit everything too strong, lacroix everything too weak, the two cancel out and that specific lacroix is great

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

grass jelly is fine, its just got a terrible english name

i always keep at least twelve cans around since i go through them at an alarming rate

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

nudgenudgetilt posted:

cjs: might have massively hosed up.

requested a thinkpad instead of a macbook at the new gig, and am learning the day before I start that linux workstations might be verboten. apparently all PCs must run windows and be managed workstations, but had I gotten a mac I'd have been allowed to run it unmanaged.

Definitely ask about WSL, if they are going to be dicks about that too it's time for malicious compliance until they give you enough room to actually work. Don't beat yourself up though, I would have done the exact same loving thing.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the lacroix pamplemousse is gross, i don't even get a hint of grapefruit, it tastes like cardboard to me. most of the other lacroix i'm fine with tho, bubly are also good

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
also i had a white claw recently and it's nasty as hell, it has added sugar so it's like drinking a non-diet soda, makes your teeth all sticky. idk if it was always like that, i remember it being refreshing when it first came out, maybe they piled on the sugar to attract the ~youth~. maui hard seltzer has zero added sugar and the pog flavor is really good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bubly is poo poo garbage that should be poured down the drain

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

It's just Zima again isn't it? They've rebranded it like, 3 or 4 times now?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i like seltzer, but not as much as i like grass jelly.

i don't drink soda or unpulpy juice anymore

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
naw. zima was formulated and marketed as a wine cooler alternative. the seltzers are marketed against beer. theyre pretty different

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its not marketing its tax handling and taste

they produced a fizzy thing that was treated by tax authorities as a malt beverage, not as a liquor beverage, and tasted not like alcohol like a vodka cooler, not a malt beverage, so it was super frickin popular and the ad war started actually after the word of mouth, when every beverage major kramered in with a copycat

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

DELETE CASCADE posted:

also i had a white claw recently and it's nasty as hell, it has added sugar so it's like drinking a non-diet soda, makes your teeth all sticky. idk if it was always like that, i remember it being refreshing when it first came out, maybe they piled on the sugar to attract the ~youth~. maui hard seltzer has zero added sugar and the pog flavor is really good

both the bud light seltzers and the two robbers seltzers are pretty good and don't have that gross white claw tang to them

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

its not marketing its tax handling and taste

they produced a fizzy thing that was treated by tax authorities as a malt beverage, not as a liquor beverage, and tasted not like alcohol like a vodka cooler, not a malt beverage, so it was super frickin popular and the ad war started actually after the word of mouth, when every beverage major kramered in with a copycat

Ohhhh, that explains the PBR one that was like, 8% or something crazy like that I saw an ad for a while ago. If I still drank that'd probably be my go to heh.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

both the bud light seltzers and the two robbers seltzers are pretty good and don't have that gross white claw tang to them

Bud light seltzer is gross as hell

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Ohhhh, that explains the PBR one that was like, 8% or something crazy like that I saw an ad for a while ago. If I still drank that'd probably be my go to heh.

oh man that reminded me of PBR Xtra. imagine a pabst that somebody dumped two shots of grain alcohol into. it tasted like loving death

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

Bud light seltzer is gross as hell

ah ah ah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it was better than corona seltzer, which was impossibly bad

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
cjs: god drat do we love streams. got a lambda listening to our dynamo stream. that lambda writes to a Kafka stream. that stream is listened to by a service. which then writes to dynamo and begins the cycle anew

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the Costco whiteclaw equivalent is not good. just buy Costco gin and Costco seltzer Imo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

born on a buy you posted:

cjs: god drat do we love streams. got a lambda listening to our dynamo stream. that lambda writes to a Kafka stream. that stream is listened to by a service. which then writes to dynamo and begins the cycle anew

pissssssssssss

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

oh man that reminded me of PBR Xtra. imagine a pabst that somebody dumped two shots of grain alcohol into. it tasted like loving death
To this day there are certain flavors I cannot handle thanks to 4 loko

White Claw is bullshit just take a big ole swig of spicy water, neck a shot bottle and chase with more spicy water like a refined, classy adult

Ellie Crabcakes fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 10, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the orange or tangerine lacroix is a great bourbon mixer for some reason. i bet they'd be good with gin too

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like pamplemouse and gin

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i mix bourbon i normally just do it with unflavored fizzy water

back in the day i drank a lot of seven* and seven** though

* whatever cheap bourbon i had on hand, usually jim beam
** store brand diet lemon-lime

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

had a couple beers during work and it carried me through some stressful situations

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs I did not, in fact, get anything done today :(

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 10, 2022

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

dioxazine posted:

go big or go home

goin big

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the 4 places to go get boba near me are tightly grouped across a big rear end road so it feels pretty annoying to go across the sidewalk despite there being a light

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

we have Too Many boba places here

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its high profit and no nationally distributed dealio can just crush you w a packaged product because the packaged dry pearls take like 60 minutes to prepare and aint nobody whos doin that

the thing that would crush the small boba firms would be a franchise that actually was viable but nobody is trying hard enough in the us. in asia itself its a consolidation frenzy and many firms are battling within their own polities but the us is a viable place to expand for friggin all of them so it hasnt consolidated here

starbucks is trying to be The Boba Place for america like sharetea is The Boba Place in large parts of taipei and indonesia but i dont think theyll succeed. i tend to believe that sharetea is just gonna be it

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 10, 2022

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

its high profit and no nationally distributed dealio can just crush you w a packaged product because the packaged dry pearls take like 60 minutes to prepare and aint nobody whos doin that

the thing that would crush the small boba firms would be a franchise that actually was viable but nobody is trying hard enough in the us. in asia itself its a consolidation frenzy and many firms are battling within their own polities but the us is a viable place to expand for friggin all of them so it hasnt consolidated here

starbucks is trying to be The Boba Place for america like sharetea is The Boba Place in large parts of taipei and indonesia but i dont think theyll succeed. i tend to believe that sharetea is just gonna be it

i always feel bad going to mr. wish because there is an independent place on the other side of the hmart food court but also they aren't open half the time and I know what im getting

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it was so a half century ago for mcdonalds, it is so today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

*nodding but clearly waiting for my turn to talk*

we have a place called tiger sugar that's p. good