Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

may all this threads poasts be good, and all the computers we touch stay bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

planning interval

ours are six weeks and they’re basically just a big sprint containing smaller normal sprints

that's basically agile^2

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i got a last minute sleeper car from vienna to geneva once and it was the least comfortable sleep i've ever had. it was a six-bunk car and the bunk was so small i had to bend my knees and lay on my side. i literally did not fit in it laying on my back, and i'm a little taller than average but not unusual. also it was the top bunk and poorly ventilated so it was hot as hell. so, don't get the cheap sleeper car in austria i guess.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cities are great. they're where all the people and stuff are.

small towns and the country are great. nice pace of life, closer to nature.

suburbs are in between and i 100% seriously think that they are at the root of a lot of social rot

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i've posted this before but i lived in the east german equivalent of a soviet bloc apartment for a month and the place was a loving palace compared to any apartment i could ever hope to afford rent on in canada

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

tourists are fine. they're blocking the sidewalk on my way to the office? whatever, not like i want to be there anyway

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

My office has pretty effectively established 1 day a month in the office. Everyone goes for a luxurious paid lunch and stops working at like 3 when the sales head starts wandering around with a bottle of scotch

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

My in laws sold their house and bought a boat that they live on in Puerto Rico. But they just had to dry dock it for the summer because it's uninsurable during hurricane season.owned

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs waiting for postgres major version upgrade. probably going to be waiting for a while. well, this seems like a good excuse to not get anything done

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hi everyone just finished a new comic, this one stupider than ever

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

quarantinethepast posted:

cls: did an improv class today, never had so much fun with so little shame

Hell yeah

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

is it normal for company-shutdown days (like 2 days around xmas, that kind of thing) to be taken from pto accrual

absolutely loving not

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

:eyepop:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

not sure about zoom specifically but i did notice that the operating system blocked sound on my slack notifications when i upgraded osx last week

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs: i think i'm going to just go to the gym for a workout without telling anyone. gently caress it, its friday

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my landlord is replacing the property management company. maybe now i wont have to pay with a cheque like it's 1961 anymore

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i don't know if i'm just lucky or whatever but none of my landlords in canada have ever accepted anything other than cheques

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

and dont forget aboot it

ive also had landlords in germany who used electronic payments, despite the famous german love of paperwork

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lifting weights is fun and cardio isn’t, so it seems like a good recommendation to me

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i was pretty intimidated about going to the gym when i first started but in practice everybody just ignores each other when they're there. if you can somehow force yourself to try it, i think it would be worth it.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

oh. probably best to lie and say you're going to an underground rave in that case

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

exercise kind of does get easier when you notice that you generally feel better than before you started, sleep better, better mood, etc

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs: oh boy, looks like it's security training season again. and now they've paid for a fancy web site that makes sure we watch all of the videos, great

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my baseball team lost our first game of the season. good time still had by all

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

fart simpson posted:

i also own a baseball team

well, someone certainly owned my baseball team today

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs: setting up stackstorm. i think it's better than jenkins, in the same way getting punched in the gut is better than getting punched in the balls

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i'll dispute "slick" forever, but it is one of those things that you have to grudgingly admit "oh yeah this simply removes a bunch of problems"

:hmmyes:

i'm a little worried i'm going to have the same reaction to kubernetes. seems pretty complicated though

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

popular music peaked with pop-punk.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

i hate to say it but now we have to fight now. we can still be pals tho

nobody likes you when you’re 33 :(

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol i just corrected the wrong day i had booked off for my friend's bachelor party. turns out it's the same week as a vacation. 2-day work week incoming

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Portland is fun, and not far from some good surf. never been to a strip club there but according to my friend who loves strip clubs, Portland’s are among the best

e: missed the new page. can’t believe I missed 69

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

there used to be a strip club in the suburbs here called “mugs and jugs” that was dry so that they could admit 18-year-olds. I always thought that was pretty deranged

e: drinking age here is 19, so it doesn’t even seem like a good market to target

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

Agreed. Let's just be honest about our degeneracy

this is also why it seems more appealing for vegas to be run by the mob than whatever's going on there now

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

currently at the allergist’s office getting tested. arm itches from a bunch of the dust/pollen stuff but I’m getting optimistic that I’ll be able to eat white fish again

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

holy poo poo, i can eat fish again. a whole culinary universe expands before me anew

last time i had any fish other than salmon was in 2008, and it ended in a trip to the hospital. this is a pretty great turn of events for me

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

primus sucks

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i have the most meetings ive ever had in a day at this job today. but tomorrow i am off on a sick surf trip, so nothing can break me

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I’m staying in a cabin and there was a mama and baby black bear wandering around behind it this morning. cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

black bears are cool because you get all of the good parts of cool and big bears but they also scare so easily that you're nevr really in danger as far as i can tell

they are generally a bunch of cowards but mothers are very dangerous when their cubs are around. the two I saw were a good distance away, though