Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

im not only spoilering this link but also breaking it in not one but two spots. if i get banned still, i'll take my whuppins and leave

:nms: :nws: https://twitter.com/constrpt/status/15066 60529 611620355 :nms: :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hbag posted:

is this the rest of my life
getting up at awful times just to go to work and then go home exhausted five days a loving week, forever
is this seriously loving it

hbag:

yospos:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quarantinethepast posted:

There is no heaven or hell, just a menu screen. Continue?

Pressing Alt-F4 to escape Samsara.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

cls was all set to go cut the lawn and hedges, just looked outside and it's pissing it down for the first time in a week, welp back to reading my book on the sofa, what can ya do!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Surprise T Rex posted:

Thanks goons. Yeah 83k puts me in like the 95th percentile or so for UK incomes, just get a skewed perspective lurking yospos and SA in general because y'all talk about 250k plus stock plus signing bonus and six free blowjobs a week kinda comp.

Then again my 3 bedroom semi is 615 a month mortgage not 3.1k for a studio flat so... Different worlds :shobon:

also if you have an accident or a health hitch it's not going immediately zero your net worth.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I've been using pandemic-related passwords since March 2020, and so far something new has popped up in the news about every four months just as our password expiry messages get sent out.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

RIP Tallywackers

quote:

Carhops in Dallas, Texas 1940

In the 40s, women carhops had discovered their tips could increase by up to $25 a week, about $460 in today’s money, if they wore significantly revealing costumes. One offended woman in Texas complained to the Fort Worth Star “we women are sick of looking at girls’ legs; we’d rather look at men’s” in an effort to force a change in women’s uniforms. Instead a local drive in responded by hiring “four husky young men… in blue shorts, white sweaters, and fancy cowboy boots” to serve women at the drive through.

:tipshat:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I have my wind speed set to Beaufort.

Beaufort Deez Nutz

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

learned today you can grow rhubarb sweeter than usual if you lock it in a dark shed and only illuminate it by candlelight

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20190424-the-english-vegetable-picked-by-candlelight

and it grows fast enough that you can hear it

https://soundcloud.com/rhubarb-rhubarb-rhubarb/a-mass-of-popping-rhubarb

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CPColin posted:

I saw a black bear cub once and could not see or hear the mother, so that made me pretty nervous for a few minutes

Oh man you missed out, shoulda just scooped it up :3:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9oz344Ny21s1vn29.mp4

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

car getting a good wash today

(it had been there overnight through a full tide, so absolutely hosed)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

who was the first person to look at a lobster and think "i'm gonna eat that thing"

:911:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My biggest fan, about 25 years old, is making a lot of noise.

sign them an autograph

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CPColin posted:

and his parents gave him a Pepsi to chug, lol

Hypoglycaemic Tendencies

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

C Food S: fucks sake I made my fried rice today and decided it needed a little something extra so chopped four pineapple rings into eighths and put it in with the shrimp + lardons to cook down, crisp off and pass a little flavor across - this bit came out nice, a bit of sweet in a bite occasionally brightened the whole meal. The 'Fucks Sake' comes from me making it all the way through cooking, onto the plate and half eaten before I realise I forgot the loving EGGS. Who makes a wok stir fried rice with no eggs!?

edit: I've also been grating in a thumb of skinned fresh ginger with the garlic to go with the shrimp + bacon, the prawns pick up a lot of flavor from this as well as the garlic.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Serves one large, hungry man

1 Cupful of long grain rice (I use basmati, but jasmine will work too)
Handful of frozen shrimp (defrosted in running water for 5 mins) (shrimp are the little pink ones in the UK, idk if thats prawns elsewhere)
Handful of bacon lardons
6 cloves garlic
Two large eggs
Bottle Dark Soy Sauce
Bottle Sriracha sauce
MSG Powder
Dried Chili Flakes
5-Spice Powder
Handful frozen peas
A couple spring onions

Prep

24 hours ago, cook your rice for 10mins (in chicken stock or use a stock cube if possible), leave to cool than refrigerate overnight.

Peel your six garlic cloves, put three in a crusher or slice them thinly

Chop your spring onions into 5mm bits. Discard the root and the top 2-3cm of the leaf.

Crack eggs into a mixing bowl / jug, beat with fork until thoroughly mixed

Cook

Put your wok on high heat for 5 mins

*Set a half-hour timer*

Vegetable oil into wok, crush three cloves into oil, simmer a minute

Put in shrimp and bacon lardons, stirfry for 5 mins until cooked

Put shrimp & bacon in bowl to one side

A splash more oil in the wok, and in with the mixed egg. Let it cook a minute and turn the edges like you're making an omlette, when most of the egg is no longer runny start chopping your omlette with your spatula, aiming for fingertip-sized bits. Lots of stirring and shaking, looking for golden-brown chunks. Should be about 4-5mins here.

In with the cold rice, break it up with the spatula and stir in with the eggs. Crush the remaining three cloves in at this point. Stir and fold a couple minutes, then back in with the shrimp and bacon, and fold well.

Frozen peas go in now, fold and shake a minute, they cook quickly.

Add - One teaspoon dried chilli flakes, a half-teaspoon of MSG, a half-teaspoon of 5-Spice, and a double-figure-eight of sriracha.

Fold all in, then add a good double dash of the soy sauce, your rice should be looking golden-brown now.

Down to the last 5 mins on the timer, toss in the chopped spring onion, stir through and then shake until the timer runs out.

(cooked some ALDI Curried Chicken Balls here, they go well with the rice, but the rice on its own is a fine meal)

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 29, 2022

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A-MERICA, A-MER-I-CA DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT

https://twitter.com/actualnames1/status/1544076605038833664

:911:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

HamAdams posted:

more of a gladiator kind of guy

rotor, annoyedly

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bob dobbs is dead posted:

shot by some neet-lookin dude w a janky-rear end pipe gun

Maybe if I ditch it real quick they won't notice..?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The guy ditched the gun because it was literally literally useless at that point. HTH.

lmao

YOU DROP THE GUN

hahah oh its useless now look if I point it at you you can see right down the en

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

c garden s: Been putting off trimming the privet hedge round my house as its in full bloom and a riot of honeybees and other bugs, but it got to be hanging like halfway over the public footpath, so time to fire up the strimmer.

On what turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far, absolutely cloudless and not a whisper of a breeze.

Took me just under an hour and a half to do the job, went through two liters of water to keep from drying out, and now I've had a cold rinse in the shower I definitely have some tight skin on my face and neck that will hopefully brown and not burn.

Still plenty blossom left after I'm done, so the bees can keep doing their thing :3

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

anyways i now stan the pro-weed jpop group because i would pay really really good American Bucks to go to hokkaido and spark up a fat cone while snow falls on me on a mountaintop. literally take my money, japan

Jonny causing an international incident by being videoed absently-minded puff-passing to a snow macaque that gets loving blitzed and drowns in the hot spring.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The two thoughts after watching True Detective S1

1) Hey I should read Thacker's 'In the Dust of this Planet' oof that's heavy going
2) Alexandra Daddario :prepop:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:toot: twenty-two years of shitposting

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

tfw u do the 'posh cup of tea pinky finger' only its when you're giving a handy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor posted:

little sad you didnt go with ibag

/rubs Prep. H on the new account to block it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

DELETE CASCADE posted:

no yes yes
yes yes no yes no no
yes yes no

lol I was going to post Queen Nympho choosing her Orgy Guard from History of the World Pt. 1 but the YouTube thumbnail is a big hairy man-rear end :prepop::butt:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

turn off your monitor!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

c bed s: lol it was a long day of work yesterday, 6pm I thought Have an hours nap, then get up and make some food - Woke up at 7am today, I must have needed it :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Control Panel Colin

https://forums.somethingawful.com/usercp.php

Unless 👀

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao our work Intranet has been stuck on the same decaying CMS for probably ten years now, last year we finally got the OK to do the research (but no promise of any funding) into a new CMS / procurement / content updating etc and we got about 80% of the way done and documented - some good work if I do say so, then the lady I was collaborating with moved roles just before Xmas and everything went hiatus.

Project was meant to be picked up by the new guy in the role, but I barely heard from him and I have enough other stuff going on that I didn't chase it up, I'm sure he's making progress.

I just checked on Teams and he left the organisation last week without any goodbyes. The only time we will get this project sorted is when the old Intranet finally irreparably dies and everyone goes 'Who could have seen this coming!?'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hbag posted:

hdad made a demoscene thing years ago

hdad outed as Paul the Apostle

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

cjs: the pain is real

https://twitter.com/_TommyMason/status/1565376934569283585

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

tfw someone cooks fish in the microwave

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ugh we had two days of 40c+ here and that was more than enough for me, I was at mothers house during the heatwave and being only a couple hundred meters from the sea was meant to ameliorate the temps; absolutely did not.

At one point on the second day I could see the front garden shrubs waving in a decent breeze so thought aha I'll go out and cool off in the wind - it was like stepping in front of someone running a hairdryer at me full blast; would have preferred absolute calm over that tbh.

Walked down to the sea just as the sun was setting, still hundreds of people on the sand and in the water, usually that time of year there might be 20-30 people in the same space.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

psiox posted:

legalize ellie

You'll never catch me filthy copper!!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hbag posted:

how the gently caress is a liquid "dry" you are talking nonsense

fucks sake is it not obvious

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bump_fn posted:

lmao fist time

drat that was like third date territory back when I were a lad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GIANT HORSEPILL INTO MY FACE. IT'S FISH OIL, AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I TAKE IT WITH VITAMINS B, C, AND D. SWALLOWING EVERY PILL AND SWALLOWING EVERY PILL HARD. MAKING GULPING NOISES WHEN I FINISH OR WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE

ugh I open-palm six supplements in a go with a swig of water, today the big fish-oil just stuck to the side of my throat and I had to eat a slice of bread to push it down :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter posted:

lol dude ibuprofen isnt great for your liver either (but its worse for your stomach lining, which is why its coated).

a bro was doing serious Ibuprofen numbers to try and stay on top of a cracked tooth a while back, and as he told it not only did it irritate his stomach lining, but it gave him a churning stomach as well, with the end result of bloodfarts

Luckily when they fixed his tooth he could drop off the Ibus and it didn't seem to have any long-lasing effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Vintersorg posted:

E: holy gently caress the n vision is sexy as hell

theres a few good pics in the Cpunk thread, I like the design a lot

edit: