Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they're doing the big fireworks here tonight and the music coordinator for it just rickrolled 500k people lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

slider looks like if a muppet ran a muffler shop

i both can't argue that and like it as a backstory

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

it would just be nice for probe reasons to be honest, rather than what we have now, which is that some poor lurker comes in, sees that virtually nothing gets done about any of the four to six simultaneous bullying campaigns* going on at once, but this one poster gets a month vaca for posting a nichijou clip or w/e. its just a bad look.

*i admit that ive taken part in these, and i'm trying my best to do better

not sure exactly what happened here, but yeah i feel lovely about old pile-ons and don't like when we have a collective target, even if whoever it is seems to roll with it. there's been some assholes, but being a collective rear end in a top hat to them is still lovely

Kazinsal posted:

funy computer and casual razzing

however, i do think we can all appreciate a proper monitor joke, when it's turned on

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's one of those times where the old one has to be one the new one's screen or something. it needs a visual reminder version for a few months

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my flipper zero arrived today and i've been scanning all my gadgets and cards. getting a lot of side eye at home for being excited about waving weird gadget over plastic card, but idk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bring back second life for team meetings. i wanna see red team grief company presentations

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

DELETE CASCADE posted:

iac = interactive corp, the company that owns match edit oh poo poo they actually separated

they separated? i bet they could find a new partnership using one of the popular dating a-

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cls: drat cold snap zapped my car battery :mad:

it was technically due for a replacement but that doesn't mean I have to like it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also i can't find my multimeter, so now i'm compound irritated

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i'm good about timing, but i like the reminder and a recording. it could certainly be more assertive

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

working robots? lol no not really

they have weird conveyor belt things that picks up poo poo with suction and puts it on a plate or whatever with a robot arm but they usually are out of service and there is a strange factoryesque quality to the experience

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the us air force is tired of bono

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

men concuss themselves 57

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol did he really unfollow them? the saddest man on the biggest stage

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

gonna tell my kids this was elon musk

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

Eh then again I do like to call myself an "airman" so I guess it's fine.

brb changing my work title to "chairman"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Ciaphas posted:

good thread title

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we gotta use the cheapish wine we have as cooking wine soon. for some reason, we bought bottles at the height of the pandemic, didn't drink them, and now our modest wine racks are overfull

my dad makes wine as a hobby, so we also have far better family wine, which we also aren't drinking

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

when life gives you sour wine make salad dressing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the things you know 🌈⭐️

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

not having at least a crib sheet or something is just cruel

the best computer class i had was intro to databases because the midterm and final were open everything, but you had a limited time to complete them. the prof was very upfront that, realistically, you'd rely on resources and notes for detailed solutions and you wouldn't have all so they better be easy to reference

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

Dreamed that my teeth fell out while I was brushing them.

Jung says that teeth dreams are indicative of life transitions or psychic rebirth.

i had a teeth dream where they started crumbling in the back of a school bus and i distinctly remember thinking '*sigh* not again :rolleyes:' in an incredibly blasé manner

graph posted:

one weird trick to scheduling haircuts is to schedule your next one before you leave your current one

I did mine until mid-year recently :hfive:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

what are goons doing with their bulbs? I have never had an led fail on me and i just by the bulk pack in the unbleached boxes at home depot

apparently phillips is bringing their dubai lamps global, so if you can find them they should both be lower wattage and longer life (they are filament leds with double the usual filaments and the under drive them so they don't burn out as quick)

Same here, maybe a wiring issue? My folks have a lamp that eats bulbs from incandescent to cfl and led. It doesn't matter the make, either. Meanwhile, i have a half dozen spares because i switched to hues years ago

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

unreal how overstimulating it is to be surrounded by people all the goddamn time

my least favorite part. i wear some form of earbuds or headphones most of the time in-office now to only get a fraction of the quiet i have at home :argh:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

thom yorke voice: faaaake scraaaambled eeeeeggs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

goblin week posted:

i was eating at a pho place recently and some lady came in to ask if they were using MSG and they looked at her like she was isnane

i know someone with a severe MSG allergy and they wouldn't even do that. for them it's assumed always and if the place lists 'no MSG' on their site then they ask questions

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well, then the times they went into anaphylactic shock from restaurants that sworn they used none are weird gags to play :shrug:

they rarely eat out and make everything from scratch, which honestly is a good choice regardless

edit: it's not an 'oh it bothers me, i swear' allergy for them and is a pain to safely eat while traveling but yeah i'm sure it's an act

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 25, 2023

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

maybe its the sodium thjeyre allergic to?

possibly? I haven't interrogated them, just that that as a longtime family friend we've seen them go through a lot due to it

avoiding additive and naturally high occurring MSG was the key and they've generally fine, but it's makes for a restrictive diet and lifestyle

mediaphage posted:

bingo. not doubting they’re allergic to something. extremely doubtful they’re allergic to msg. glutamates are in a lot of poo poo. including your own body. it’s literally the most abundant amino acid in humans. simmer down.

it could be they're simplifying the explanation; I'll admit I was very young when they told me about it and as an adult I don't want to pry

if it's adjacent as fart simpson pointed out, then avoiding it as an additive is a shorthand and I've clearly misunderstood or missed some information and readily admit that

What i do know is my mom had to wait for the ambulance with them at least once and they've given up on eating most anywhere after the severity of the last time

edit: I understand you're all calling out something obviously dubious, and I appreciate that. I clearly didn't understand this person's specific issue and my generality/misunderstanding didn't help

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 25, 2023

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mediaphage posted:

again, not suggesting there’s no allergy, i’m just extremely doubtful it’s msg. there have been a bunch of studies on msg and they couldn’t even find someone who’s allergic to it. food allergies are hard to diagnose because of how many components are in the things we eat and it’s entirely possible that there’s something else that isn’t necessary for life that generally occurs in comparatively high concentrations alongside foods that are suspected to have msg.

I think you're right that it's adjacent and she's using a shorthand to avoid exposure. I know it's gotten worse over time to the point where it's severe, so identifying the true cause isn't worth the risk

edit: idk, I know the reactions are real and I'd like my godmother not to die because someone thinks it's funny on the internet so it struck a bit of a nerve. I know that's not your intent! but still

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pollyanna posted:

my cat is still sick and having a rough time digestively, I cleaned up a total horror movie set this morning :(

not a fun way to start the day. hopefully things settle soon

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pollyanna posted:

this is chronic, unfortunately. I need to talk to a vet today

ugh, poo poo, sorry :(

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mediaphage posted:

walking up to michael’s to get some dye. i have a really comfortable tshirt (lol it’s just old navy but i like it) that has like cooking stains and poo poo. what colour should i dye it (currently too lazy to tie dye)

I like blues, but it depends on the cooking stain types

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

people can have severe psychosomatic reactions too, fwiw, and that doesn't make it any less real of a reaction even if the cause is misplaced. otherwise i'd put my money on something else used in a lot of asian cooking like shellfish or something, as others have said.

yeah, something else is the trigger or some preservative etc. that's mixed in possibly. like I said, it was first told to me when I was little, so I probably didn't get the details because little me wouldn't get the details and I've not asked since. I want to say it was explained to me as 'added to', so it could be something in a flavor pack that isn't related, or a common concurrent ingredient

cjs: no j today because of a splitting migraine from last night :sigh:. probably why I was so fired up and also not thinking things through

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

welp it looks like i'm getting a divorce

poo poo, i'm real sorry to hear. the first few days were rough ime but you'll get through it. i found talking to people helped a lot more than i expected

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mystes posted:

Its because people were making meth from pseudoephedrine

those bastards made getting the only effective sinus medicine for me a pain right at the peek of my sinus infections :argh:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

spoken as somebody who made the stupid loving mistake of mentioning mine on these forums....immediately stop posting about it and let us know in 11 months or whatever when everything is done. Everybody's a combination dating coach / lawyer / financial consultant in the meantime. I've lost friends over it. It's not that a lot of us don't care, it's that some people take a visceral pleasure in watching somebody's else heart get broken and they will. not. stop. ever.

:hmmyes: its one of the reasons i still find e/n as a subforum kinda gross. they've cleaned it up, but it still has a subculture that seems to delight in seeing the breakdown

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Captain Foo posted:

idk antiperspirant makes me itch so i just use deodorant instead

same here. gotta really scrub it off in the shower or it feels itchy for days

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

idk miatas always equaled 'fun sporty car' to me and i'm from the rust belt :shrug:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

CPColin posted:

I had a BBS. Later we got CBS. Five iterations later and I can't wait to see what comes next!

it is, unfortunately, paramount+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

weirdest cover of the devil went down to Georgia I've ever seen

(I only read the thumbnail lol if it does work lyrically)