Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: lmao, like..lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Pile Of Garbage posted:

cjs: lmao, like..lol

addendum: i just need to hold out till june 6th, that's the deadline when i'll be full-time in my new sec eng role doing good poo poo. failing that well i guess i'll quit, job market for IT in west aus is insane right now i'd have no issues finding a new gig

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

we are pi planning again and i can't tell you wtf i did last pi. i hate this.

ive got my annual performance appraisal this week and i'm honestly having a hard time remembering what i did in the last 12 months, everything is just blurred together for the last 3 years

e: also wtf is a pi

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

pis sound like poo poo

good dog :3

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

just skipped ~7k posts whaddup.

Kenny Logins posted:

cjs: first week of newjob went pretty great :yotj: my new boss is a family man too and is incredibly chill. very flexible times for coming in and going home, and for working from home etc. my new office is nice and has a great view and western light. the work is interesting and just the right amount of challenging

awesome glad your new job is going good kenny!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: just finished my fourth week in my new security engineering role, really enjoying it my new boss is chill af compared to my last one. we've also moved into a brand-new super secret office, i managed to snag a desk at the back which is cool. the work is interesting and i can already see a lot of opportunities to do some cool poo poo. oh also the dress code is non-existent so we all just wear casual, so glad to ditch the shirt and slacks.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

work: it's the pits!!!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag posted:

c meds s: took em

noice. i just got suspended from twitter for challenging elon musk to a fight. filed an appeal but failing that :rip: i guess

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

it is absolutely disgusting the lengths they go to appease and protect rich dickheads on their platform all whilst wholly ignoring real actual abuse from fascists and bigots

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

threatening the world's richest man as part of a joke challenge to a fight was a mistake. if i'd just been a regular fascist bigot then i'd be fine.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

god drat suspended again!!!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i'll never logoff

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: how does a fuckin firewall create backups that are 1.6GB in size? god check points are garbage. also they support the IDF and israeli apartheid so blech

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

you're a very cool person and i respect you because you do not suck all of the air out of the room every time you click submit post. im tired of like three people that do the opposite destroying every thread they touch here. war were here

oh god i hope im not one of the three :ohdear:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

You down with ODD (Yeah you know me)

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: we're doing iso 270001, lame. also getting security clearances is tedious af

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

real mode

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

drat nice, hbag got it goin on

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

cjs: orientation work is so boring. I don't think I get to actually get into any projects until next week.

same i think i've got a weeks worth of training for our platform sw coming up. necessary but boring af, etc.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

The Fool posted:

worst snipe of the century

telekinesis remix is the whole stringent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqpqpARKVlo

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: i put some more D&B stickers on my laptop, it's p dope

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

my laptop, or rather my employer's laptop:

also im eating a curry chicken pie, breakfast of champions

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

our director's laptop is covered in stickers from security vendors. wat a fuckin nerd

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

noice those are dope

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

the stories about that place are amazing. what an absolute train wreck

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

drat I want that Mitsubishi sticker bad

for only five quid it can be yours: https://www.soupedupshop.co.uk/merchandise/soupstk002

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

coming back to sticker chat, hospital records has some cool ones:

ofc 10 quid for four stickers is a bit rich... https://www.hospitalrecords.com/shop/merchandise/nhsm979-hospital-records-sticker-pack-5

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yo. read a buncha posts but skipped a lot. pollyanna i hope you're locked in a good spot, it sounds like you can do whatever you want and i hope that's what you get. :rip: hbag hope you survived aussie weather in the UK. fyi there are precedents for effective direct action involving actual loving poo poo up and vandalism of sites (see palestine action loving up elbit systems sites) if you're inclined and if there are orgs doing it.

cjs: still going good in new role, we've been massively unsupervised for the last 3 weeks as our manager has big issues at home (wife has breast cancer, again :( ), despite that we're getting things done and our manage still dials into our weekly meeting to dole out actual specific praise for all our efforts which feels good :3:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

Hi Garbo :)

e: Lu says she misses you terribly.

oh hi! miss ya'll

e: i miss Lu and all of you, i'll maybe come back in the near future soon maybe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i seem to have fallen into a job where i can do almost nothing provided minimal deliveries are made and i fix systems only i seem to know well enough to fix once in a while. any advice to motivate myself to use the free time effectively to say learn stuff instead of scrolling it all away

from my personal experience and anecdotal experience of colleagues: exploring options for automation/orchestration can provide an almost endless rabbit hole of exploration and learning. start with a small semi-regular repeatable task that you handle and look into how you can automate it.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 26, 2022

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:3: kenny

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

so sweet kitty!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag posted:

i lived bitch

nice, wb

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

idk how you can get good ergo with a single-titty mouse pad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGBJTwRTrCs

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: how is dell able to create a clone of the cisco IOS CLI and then release it as software on their own switches? i mean it's good for me cos i can just go "oh it's like IOS" and do whatever but how is it even legal?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Shaggar posted:

its probably a combo of cisco not caring and also cisco not wanting a difficult legal battle. it was definitely a nice surprise when i had to use a dell switch and iirc it even had some improvements to command names/autocomplete.

yeah i noticed that as well, it has both tab-hints and command-completion. also you can pipe to grep instead of begin/include which is dope. one big annoyance is the lack of a show interface description command. Closest thing it has is show interface status but that truncates interface descriptions. aside from that, not bad imo. would switch again.

edit: oh yeah re legal battles it's funny because back in the day cisco went after apple hard re the "IOS" name and yet they let this slide. ofc they did recently lose that lawsuit against a palo alto subsidiary to the tune of $1.9B lmao

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 28, 2022

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: chicken torikatsu for lunch, hecka tasty. also the board of directors and CEO visited our new office, managed to avoid all of them

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

kenny i hope your job search sitch is going good.

jonny i'm really sorry dude. i know you'll pull through and be better from it though!

The Fool posted:

I can't use WSL and my corporate vpn at the same time because anyconnect is garbage.

sounds like your netsec dinguses are doing full-tunnel. tell them to knock that poo poo off!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

oh also hi hbag how's things? i was idly lookin last night and seen you got a six-page rap sheet, nice lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

The Fool posted:

it's a specific issue with the anyconnect vpn adapter

the workaround is to manually change the adapter priority and dns

but then it breaks for my entire machine when I'm off the vpn and I'm not going to deal with changing that poo poo every time I need to use the vpn

that sounds like they're doing full-tunnel when they shouldn't be. that or they're trying to do split-tunnel but aren't doing that properly.

e: btw despite how garbage it is i've seen anyconnect do split-tunnel VPN quite well without issues, when configured correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag posted:

lol yea
p good. got some script set up to notify me via pushbullet when a stream i like goes live (the platform does not itself have notifications)
and now im playing last call bbs and it has a lot more content than i was expecting

nice that's pretty neat!