Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol i haven't checked a bunch of yospos threads lately. what happened to the old cjs thread? did hbag get a noise citation from the council for opening a can of beer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that doesn't preclude them from having a drink at home if they don't feel like making the walk. back before the pandemic i used to be a regular at the bar and i still drank at home.

edit: corrected pronouns. sorry hbag

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 26, 2022

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
not really a surprise that i dropped a chunk of weight after holing up for the pandemic and not going to the bar any more lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh uh anyway cjs i wrote such a good email today, that my boss was copied on, that he replied and complimented me on it, which felt nice.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
gently caress! edited my post too. sorry hbag

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cat Face Joe posted:

what is the "the the the the" operator

:bsdsnype:

it;s u

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Fortaleza posted:

"Word around the office is you've got a fat cock"

man. i could really go for a power gently caress!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

immediately go to a dungeon

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i don't mind renting in and of itself, in fact i really like not having to gently caress around with outdoor chores, i just hate the rising rent

rotor posted:

i have no room in my life for dishes that cant go in the dishwasher. if they die, they die.

yeah same. i've got a few novelty glasses given to me by friends that just accumulate dust because i'm not going to use something i can't just chuck in the dishwasher

eschaton posted:

weird right wing philosopher who sounds like Kermit the Frog and got owned so bad trying to debate Zizek that he wound up in a coma and now has cognitive impairments

lol

you mean additional cognitive impairments, right? :v:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The Fool posted:

I shaved my head this weekend

i wish that worked for me. i buzzed myself in late 2020 and found that i really do not like the way my head looks without hair

like, if i ever go really bald i might do a wig/toupee

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
where's president beep to lord it over us with his wife what gives him the free haircuts

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
in fact, where is president beep, anyway??

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh, sure, kalamazoo, like that's a real place :rolleyes:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cat Face Joe posted:

died from drinking shoe polish competitively :rip:

did he win???

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Achmed Jones posted:

because they want to use high-pressure sales tactics. the same reason that the guys who show up at my house because they're "in the neighborhood" and want to talk about solar installation or whatever won't just give me a business card and leave

they won't text you so you can turn it down because they want to snowjob you into not turning it down

they probably also have metrics where they're expected to make a certain number of calls per day/week/whatever

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fart simpson posted:

it’s not my job to do your research

what even is your job

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

HamAdams posted:

i had to sign some bullshit rear end form to get my privileges back last time this happened, it’s like they just wanna gently caress with people just trying to do their jobs

why do you need local admin? this is definitely not "~*best practices*~"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
have you considered doing your job in a way that does not require local admin privileges

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Zamujasa posted:

c life s:

https://twitter.com/xkeepah/status/1546523837784674305

apartment complex management has apparently decided that we will no longer have individual per-unit internet plans and will be forcibly cancelling our service tomorrow to install a ~panoramic wifi~ router, as well as replacing our thermostat and lock with ~smart~ ones. the only good thing about this is that the inflated rent "highly discounted" price doesn't kick in until you "renew your lease"

we already have a quality modem we just (last few months) paid for and a nest thermostat, so apparently all of that gets to go into the trash now

the people at the apt office have no clue about what any of this actually means so i guess we get to find out. will be real fun since we've exceeded cox's default data caps every month for the last two years

so loving sick of everything

lol i bet they're totally technologically incompetent. you should just gently caress up the central wireless until they give up on it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
get some access points with changeable antennas and attach the biggest loving antennas you can get to them, get some cheap-rear end laptops to talk to them (and just 24/7 iperf each other), and just loving blast that spectrum.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
or, hell, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll leave the router on defaults, so you can login and gently caress with it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

hbag posted:

im pretty sure i was friends with a belgian kinda
i mean she moved to new england when she was a baby and then to florida and then back to new england and to this day i want to loving eradicate florida, as a concept

is "friends with a belgian" the UK equivalent of an american saying they have a canadian girlfriend :v:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

eschaton posted:

yeah the whole “the vaccine microchips you with 5G” conspiracy theory was an op to suppress the TRUTH which is that COVID slowly takes over and hijacks your cells for its own ends and makes you super susceptible to suggestion by putting you into a brain fog

later, comes madness... then death

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Zamujasa posted:

they're paying me right now, i'm just burned out

sysadmin stuff has always been fun and i spend my free time maintaining tcrf and a ss13 server and a handful of other things

it's something i would like to do more of but i wouldn't know where to begin searching for a career in (or what it's like professionally, beyond the crap i've done in aws)

i love tcrf. thank you for your service ❤️

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pile Of Garbage posted:

one big annoyance is the lack of a show interface description command. Closest thing it has is show interface status but that truncates interface descriptions.

if you're looking for a list of what VLANs a given port is a member of, then show interface switchport is probably what you want

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kazinsal posted:

I wish we had a paging system, I have the root passwords for our phone/UC system and I would love to be able to page every dickhead sales guy in his home office in the middle of the night

what kind of phone system? might be able to make this happen

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My boss tried to give me a $10K equity raise but he wasn't allowed to without a promotion involved, so I'm a "lead data integration developer" now

lol titles are bullshit

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

hbag posted:

do what in nature? stand around? look at trees?

are you speaking against trees? :toughguy:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

eschaton posted:

“subluxation” isn’t a thing, chiropractors are quacks

i don't actually have an opinion to add here, i just wanted to jump on the "quote eschaton" train :buddy:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

hbag and me its time to start dressing formal for office days

https://twitter.com/owenbroadcast/status/1555284111824150530

drat. where are the ties for star trek waifus

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

bump_fn posted:

pubs closing at 11pm friday sharp is all the evidence you need thst this country should be wiped off the map

the local bar i used to go to would sometimes close at 11 but usually because there was nobody around anyway

but i was good enough friends with the owners that if i was already there they'd let me keep hanging around after closing. they'd just turn the lights low and we'd bullshit while watching tv.

man i really miss that place

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
best wishes for a speedy resolution, jonny. glad to hear you're protecting yourself. you absolutely don't deserve to be abused like that.

i'm interested to hear more if you want to keep us posted, but if you decide not to that's okay too

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
turn your speaker on

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i cannot recall how i devised the name "farmer crack-rear end". i was in high school when i registered here and deep into a phase where monkeycheese bullshit, especially non sequitur references to crack, was incredibly amusing to me.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hell, i can't remember if i first used it here, or... maybe i came up with it playing TFC.

still occasionally gets a laugh out of people when i play games online

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oooh, lah-dee-dah! i'm truman peyote, my name's in the biiii-ble

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
is "lad bible" a euphemism for sex magazines

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl