Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cjs: what do you do when you're burned out on your job to the point that you literally cannot make your brain focus on anything related to work

asking for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cider chat: gently caress. need to get some more angry orchard or something

Jonny 290 posted:

i recommend doing rest-and-vest while staying out of PIP and having a random startup ping you on linkedin for a new cool job with a big raise.

i assume vesting is something involving stock options or other benefits i don't get as a ten year employee of this hellscape

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
funny you mention that

my place, which is not at all hurting for money or in danger of going under at this point, has "forgotten" to pay me for the last month

i wish i could find work doing what i actually enjoy that paid decently. i like troubleshooting and debugging poo poo (see also this), everything these days seems like bullshit javascript web apps

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you say "ten year employee" i hear "getting 30% of what you should be being paid tc"

oh absolutely lmao it's just battered wife syndrome. i should've gotten out of this place in 2013 but you know how it is with zero safety net in america :)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
mosquito? :hmmno:

nosquito :hmmyes:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
ssl cert expired so i got phone calls both days of the 'weekend' to fix it since a coworker finally left after 10 years himself friday

bump_fn posted:

it’s a joke jfc

jokes are funny

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:golfclap:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

save energy and melt away

gently caress that. 73 or 74

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Corla Plankun posted:

i just listened to a podcast that interviewed a sleepologist and he said 68 degrees is the good sleep temperature

68 degrees with a big heavy blanket :hmmyes:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

akadajet posted:

more like 68 during night. 70 during the day

i'm in vegas and our apartment's lovely a/c unit struggles to keep it below 80 during the day, i'll take what i can get

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

akadajet posted:

that's what you get for staying at the luxor

it was father's day, not mummy's day

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Ciaphas posted:

cjs accomplishing nothing of value; feeling both morose about that & guilty about being paid for it

me too (though not the pay part, that's still "being fixed")

cjs: i have had to manually replace our expired ssl certificate in no less than six unique places and i can't wait to find number seven

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

HamAdams posted:

wtf how have they not figured that out and why are you still working there? people not getting paid should be a “we’ll get it fixed by EOD” not a “eh we’ll get to it eventually”

because this place is run by morons and i'm an even bigger idiot for continuing to be here.

the reason behind this appears to be:

- mid-march: i ask my manager if i can take a month-plus or so off unpaid to handle some real-life poo poo (and mostly not work)
- manager suggests filing for disability leave due to mh / stress / etc issues
- i go on "leave" with a form filled out saying i will be out from march whenever to may 1
- their automated claim bullshit denies my leave because i did not submit paperwork that i did not have
- somehow i get a proper paycheck may 13th
- no paychecks since
- "oh hr sees this as an attendance issue because it was denied but i'm wroking on fixing it so you get your pay"

the place i work for isn't some tiny startup that's in the process of failing, it's a large corporation run by morons. the only reason i continue to put in time is because i am reasonably sure that in the very near future this will be fixed

Jonny 290 posted:

you hosed up

yes

im dead serious OP if you need $100 to cover the light bill i will venmo as long as you stop working here IMMEDIATELY

stop fixing their dumpster fires for free

you are in a company that is fragging out

i'm aware i've hosed up. i hosed up by staying here for this long, i hosed up by continuing to work here, etc.

it's always easy to say just quit or leave or whatever, but i have zero recent job interview experience, my resume is years out of date, etc. i basically got into this slump and rather than get out of it i continue to sink into the quicksand.

part of the reason is that i just got a hospital bill from april that, with my health insurance, has cost me about $150 total so far.

the cost without any insurance at all was $30,000.

:911:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i guess to me it just seems like more of a "we have five layers of hr bullshit because of the size and age of our company and this is a clerical error" rather than a "we are not paying you intentionally" and it seems like this is a problem that is being fixed, and for me if i play along with it for a week and get everything fixed then great, if i decide to peace out and say "i'm not working until i have my pay in my hand right now" then maybe i get fired and i absolutely won''t get paid.

it's a lovely situation and i'm an idiot for even letting myself get into this, yes

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i stayed up in alaska for about two weeks back in the mid 00s in summer, it's definitely a different feeling when the sun doesn't stay down for long

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
c life s: i was supposed to have a meeting today about getting my pay, pto, and etc. sorted out.

i had to cancel it because my grandfather got moved into hospice care.

i want off this ride.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
c grandpa s: gone.

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol my wife's landlord did that too. her security deposit was one a half months rent and he kept all of it. he claimed he had to tear up all the carpet (didn't say why) and paint all the walls (should do that anyway) and he wanted to meet with her to convince her to pay him more

somehow i got lucky and the last two places we moved out of refunded our security deposit in full despite definitely not leaving the apartment in the best of conditions. i'm assuming that our current place is just going to eat it, though. i don't even remember what we paid.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Kazinsal posted:

whenever I tell people I will never be able to afford a house and they go "oh it's not that bad" I just point out to them that my dad bought his house for $180k when he was my age and it's currently assessed at $1.7 million. literally almost an order of magnitude in a little under 30 years.

the rent in my apartment went up from ~$1250 when i moved in 6 years ago to ~$1900+ now, and this is after a decent amount of the desert around here has had new apartments built everywhere

my aunt/uncle owned a home in one of those gated communities.

they bought it in 2001 for $222,995.
they sold it in 2019 for $560,000.
zillow estimates it at $866,400.

lol.

looked up my grandpa's place, since, well.

estimated $50k in 2001 to over $300k+.

boy howdy the housing market is hosed, huh.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

PokeJoe posted:

Ban ownership of more than two residences

also short term rentals, though that'd probably be a side effect of the above

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Video Nasty posted:

too much garlic

:dafuq:

rotor posted:

Second day: global single child policy.
Third day: all fossil fuel power plants to be decomissioned in 3 years replaced by solar, wind or nuclear.
Fourth day: Global Wellness Day, everyone take some time for yourselves to get centered and recharge
Fifth day: all billionaires to be shaken upside down until all their money comes out
Sixth day: nationalize twitter, seal zuckerberg in a steel ball that we sink in the marianas trench, all facebook datacenters are put to the torch
Seventh day: posting

put zucker, musk, and all the other billionares into mother 3 Absolutely Safe Capsules and launch them into space

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

fart simpson posted:

why not just do it the easy way. firing squad or something

i mean, we could, but i think them getting to spend an eternity of suffering is more fun

maybe if it was like voting and everyone got to contribute one bullet as part of the firing squad

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i'm vapin :420:

debating having an angry orchard as well

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

fart simpson posted:

liveposting your weed use is probably the most boring thing possible

it's better than the alternative. :shrug:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cjs: "town hall" meeting, i.e. management gets to tell us how great everything is while making sure we don't give any sort of credit or benefit to the actual workers

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
that reminds me, the ethel m chocolate factory in vegas has a botanical cacti garden and i'd like to go visit again when it's reasonable outside (i.e. late fall or winter).

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

born on a buy you posted:

cjs: WHY THE gently caress IS THERE EVEN A SETTING TO SET AUTOSCALING MIN/MAX TO 1??? WHY DOES THIS EXIST IN PROD AND WHY IS THE DEFAULT TO DO THAT DAILY

potentially useful if your single instance takes a poo poo since it'll automatically terminate it and restart it, but i wouldn't know

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

DELETE CASCADE posted:

weed can’t kill you. you can, however, get stuck that high forever

that's bad? :v:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
no amount of antidepressant is going to fix the kind of bad mood caused by the world right now, but maybe it'll help

speaking of

c prescription s: my mh doc called in rx's for me over a week ago. i go to cvs, they have one of three ready. the other ones say "contact your pharmacist to have this filled!"

that's why the doctor sent them you fuckers

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i took antihistograms and now i can't see graphs

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Achmed Jones posted:

is a double stack a normal wendy's double that's a half pound, or is it more like a mcdonald's double cheeseburger? i do not understand this stack based terminology

double stack engineer

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Roosevelt posted:

i have mcdonalds on my phone. it's pretty great. for a while you could get bogo double cheeseburgers. if you buy enough nuggies and mcburgers you get points to like free 1/4 lbers. for getting the app i got a free big mac that i could have gotten every day for a month because whenever i used it the coupon just reloaded the next day until the expiration date. the golden big mac.

i have it on my phone too but it never actually shows text

every few days i just get a notification on my phone

⚪️ McDonald's

(also it never lets me actually order anything)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Achmed Jones posted:

wendy's spicy chicken combo owns

:hai:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cls: feeling cruddy, coughing, throat gunky. at-home covid test negative, at least :confuoot:

i wish taco bell tacos were better. they're usually just sad, soggy piles of mush that stick to the wrapper and taste like poo poo.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
del taco's del tacos are better but still not really good

but they also have the cheapo value tacos that are trash but cheap enough that you don't care

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if there's one thing i've learned from working at the shitheap i currently do it's that caring about the bill is absolutely 200% someone else's problem, and if they don't care then thats their problem and not yours.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
c life s: covid has thoroughly kicked my rear end and i'm only on day three. sure hope things improve soon

3D Megadoodoo posted:

same except addict stew

slice up some tomatoes on the side and it's almost like a warm meal, in 15 minutes

gently caress this looks tasty

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cjs: my paychecks are still not coming.

yes, i know. if i wasn't in the middle of dealing with covid and my grandfather's funeral and everything else i would just loving quit. i just do not have the strength to fix my resume and get my poo poo in order and refresh my skills and whatever else.

gently caress me.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

nice picture of a cloud i guess. there's a cat in here?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

3D Megadoodoo posted:

reminded me of the time my sister's cat did a poo poo that smelled so bad i had to leave the apartment.

a megadoodoo, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
internet at home died, thanks cox. $150 a month for this

good reason to ignore work, among all the other good reasons