Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: thread title is my life now.

get to do a company survey after break. wonder how many times I can call management clowns or dipshits in it. probably zero because I’m a coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

k&r or allman?

I prefer k&r.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

there is a strip club in toronto near the airport called the landing strip. I think it’s a very funny name.

the first time I ever ate mushrooms was also the first time I went to a strip club. it was pretty hosed up.

i don’t care about strip clubs. if someone wants to go im not going to say no. ill never suggest going to one though.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: found out that the guy who doxxed me on stormfront and put my parents house on a communist watchlist, his father is the team lead on the opposite shift from me. so ive been bringing up horrible memories of that time all shift.

this stuff happened quite a long time ago. but it sucks to be thinking about this stuff.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

there is a zed in my last name. I had to make a call to and it was a call centre in the usa. they asked me to spell my last name and the person didn’t really know what a zed is. well it took them a minute to get it. didn’t realize what was going on until after the call otherwise I would have just said zee.

all the young people seem to say zee these days though.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: changed the blade on the panel saw for the first time. it hasn’t exploded yet. still afraid that it going to blow up and kill me although I have made a few cuts since changing the blade.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

went to the zoo the other day. saw a baguette in a cage. zookeeper told me it was bread in captivity.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I got a few emails from the us military once as well. emailed once saying it was the wrong email. they replied with a sorry and that was it.

I used to get some guy’s cc bill.

I get occasionally a politicians newsletter from arizona I’m in canada . I think I may have been able to block that one.

I was getting some student’s sally mae updates though I don’t even really know what that is.

my email address is my surname and it’s not that common but there are a lot of people out there so it adds up.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

the grill looks like they tried to put the grill from a modern truck on the front.
it looks weird. the rest of it is ok though.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I got one of those daily pill boxes because I kept forgetting if I took my pills or not. it’s real great.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

my company only does 4% matching but you can contribute up to 10% of your cheque. i thought it was good. maybe i’ll have to look into seeing if we can get more on the next contract.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

c on the way to js: car ran into the light pole when i was waiting at a red light. knocked it over and hosed up the front of their car.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i remember when it cost long distance to call the closest city to me. it’s like 30 km drive to get there.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: work is offering apprenticeships. electricians tool & die or millwright. thinking about applying for one.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: team lead got sent home last december. refused to either show proof of vaccination or get weekly covid tests. he is a moody rear end in a top hat. people quit because of his lovely attitude.

he came back today. no longer a team lead but it’s really soured the mood on us who had to work with him before. already trying to start rumours and poo poo. i just tell him i don’t care.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: 6 day weekend.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

three of the four people living here have covid. i haven’t tested positive. it inevitable though. this place is tiny.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: it’s my bday so i called in sick. gently caress you, work.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cls: i miss summer

hate autumn.

cjs: interview tomorrow.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

the health app on ios has a medication reminder built in now. it’s pretty great.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

the one mcdonald’s here had big macs for 25 cents when the place had been open for 25 years. that was probably when i had my first big mac. like 20 years ago or something.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: thinkin about doing the old “ hit da bricks” because it sucks. everyone called in sick today except the guy everyone hates and me. i might get sick too and then get fired.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i was always a fan of the crow and demon knight soundtracks.

think i'll listen to "the melvins - instant larry" now.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

listened to two of the bands from that book two pages back just last night.

“mudhoney” and the loving awful cover of “hate the police”

and “dinosaur jr.” and their bad song with a rad music video “feel the pain”

dinosaur jr. might be ok. i always think i should like them but i don’t think it the type of music i like.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

people put a shake of salt in draft beer. it’s supposed to cut the bitterness. idk how it’s supposed to work but that’s what i’ve always been told. :shrug:

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Achmed Jones posted:

gonna need a detailed slanket vs snuggie rundown

can we get a comparison to the oodie as well.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i took an “ introduction to programming “ course and it was java. the professor said when he started teaching they taught c++ but too many people were failing. when they changed to java people’s grades got a lot better.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

c health s: covid

highly don't recommend.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

went to urgent care for some rsi pain.

doctor gave me 3 days off work.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: off for three days. doctor's orders.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i also work in a warehouse. it loving sucks. not much of a yosposter though.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

re: smoking a lot

an old friend told me about his dad’s smoking habit. he would get in the truck already smoking a rolled cigarette and while he was driving he would start to roll the next one with his hands at the top of the steering wheel.

my mom would talk about going for dinner with my grandma and she would have to have a smoke in the middle of her meal. like “oh salad’s done, time for a smoke”. right there at the table of course.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

re: drinkin

we used to go to a bar specifically because it would serve us underage. he would water down the jugs of beer when you asked for one. he would rinse out the jug with water and then leave a bit in the bottom.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

only worked 20.5 hours this week. it was a good week!!

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

costco isn’t worth the membership here because of how much of a living hell the parking lot is.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

because i remember someone here talking about puppy breath a few years back.

https://demeterfragrance.com/puppys-breath.html

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

the two worst places i ever had a pimple was on my lip. not next to, but on the lip itself and one in my nose.

the nose one hurt more but the lip one was super annoying.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

a friend of mine was really into wrestling back in high school.

i remember going to his place once and watching all kinds of japanese wrestling tapes.

the last time i talked to him, he is now a referee for some wrestling company in toronto.

not as a career, but as an outside of work thing.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

there is a tiny military history museum here. i had an interview there a few years back.
the wall behind the interviewers had a whole bunch of rifles hanging on it. it didn't help the nervousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: don’t know if i can go in. been off a long time on stress leave or something like that. today is my first day back and i’m already stressing over it.

i really want to ‘hit da bricks’