Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
cjs: a systems engineering team asked me to fix a program written by an (actual) engineer and the solution was just adding a data structure from first year bs cs poo poo. they had given up on the program and set it by the wayside for three years because they couldn't figure out how to handle signal inputs being interrupted by new signals before ending

is this a cjs moment ??? i'm still learning how to post !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
the only hard drive i own is the 250gb nvme in my laptop. it is very not full

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have multiple terabytes of Linux isos

youy are mentally sick ... in the head !!!!!

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
if you see matlab you know it's bad because no real computer toucher would agree to work on that

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

Vintersorg posted:

pretty much all our MRI researchers use and rely on matlab for their studies

i admit my opinion is skewed by engineering world. yeah matlab is actually useful for a lot of things but when i encounter it, it's "engineer had to program something and all they ever did in college was matlab"

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i'mm like hbag except instead of being 19 and a stoner im 19 and an alcoholic and also already dealing with incompetent computer toucher managers. also after lurking for years i think jonny is neat so yeah yin and yang etc etc

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
im hurting the pos property value and the response is pos nimbyism got it

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
cjs: there's no version control, but you can increment the number at the end of the filename and store it in a big folder with the past versions

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
this is for my internship with a fortune 100 company

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

mystes posted:

If your company is somehow not using source control you should find a new job ASAP but in the mean time you should absolutely use git locally at least for your own sanity.

not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth w/r/t a summer gig like this, but yeah. there is an enterprise git server hosted locally but nobody in my department uses it and i have to wait like, a day to get approved for an account

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

hbag posted:

just heard that if you fail your maths or english GCSE ONCE you aren't eligible for student loans

i go to school in america what the hell does this mean speak english plz kthx

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
nobody show hbag an ap exam

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
ive got some dangling blobs

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

Fortaleza posted:

Like a lot of things this started off as a goofy gimmick but I've enjoyed it so much it's completely sincere now

this owns. inspo to find dated office supplies around the office to nab

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i don't call my friends mean names ):

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i hate my family knowing that i'm exercising so i tell them i'm going out to have sex and bam no questions asked. try that one hbag

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
do they still sell diet pills like in requiem for a dream? just pop a few of those every day yeah

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
a woman i went on one date with a year ago and then ended up blocking took lsd a few days ago and then started harassing me online because she "had a dream about me"

i forget what the point of this was i just wanted to share

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

hbag posted:

i still cant tell if that post about being 19 was a bit or not

which reality will make you happier? this is the land of dreams

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
guoys ive been thinkin real hard about this and i think, the thing that hbag is describing, its a bbl

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
nap under desk

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
yeah the kids are saying """BRB""" now :aaa:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
cjs: hello manager what is the charge code for going to the single bathroom stall where i get reception and playing on my phone

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i was bored enough over the weekend that i was looking forward to getting a good stride on my project at work. and now im just staring at the matlab r2021b window. i am a victim to the classic blunder of thinking work can be enjoyable

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

rotor posted:

that's why its colloquially known as "the love muscle"

ur mom defined it otherwise to me

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i hope we can all agree that "chips ahoy" are garbage for a similar reason

:argh:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
only in the us are computer toucher salaries so inflated that i can graduate from college and expect to immediately make more than my father does in the career he's spent a lifetime developing. gently caress you dad

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

otoh computer toucher salaries start high here but they taper off relatively early in your career as far as I understand

like yes you start at $200k in figgieland prime, but when you hit like 10 or 15 years of experience the salary isn’t necessarily 600k, compared to my ME friends who started at 60k or 70k and are at 130-150k after 10 years

i thought the strategy was supposed to be to switch to management and drown in vested stock

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i guess we'll see if i still like writing code after 10 years :sigh:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
cjs: the other intern in my cubicle asked me what python is this morning

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

The Fool posted:

they're better off for not knowing

learning more about computer touching is kind of like reading another page of the necronomicon. you pay a price for learning dark secrets

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

hbag posted:

god why do stem zoomers all have to be loving cryptobros

it's because there are too many zoomers touching computers. the idiot saturation is the same as it's always been but there are way more in total so they become louder

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
every day i thank lord jesus that i started reading this forum while my computer mind was still impressionable and not, like, hn or something

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

PokeJoe posted:

if you say "i hate computers" around a bunch of programmers, th ebest ones will agree with you

i do this at school and all the cs majors get mad at me and tell me to stop studying computers if i hate them so much :negative:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
hbag i am begging you to read posters' names and not just look at their avs. please

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

rotor posted:

aint no one gonna do that. get urself an av or live with the consequences.

i gotta pick carefully. it's an important milestone in my posting career

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
yeahh i took a
webcam pic (:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
left work an hour early only for there to be two accidents and a medical emergency along my commute ): bodes poorly for the weekend

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
fellas do i take a trip to my ex's house this weekend and get very drunk with her. or do i play video games and stay inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

DELETE CASCADE posted:

get drunk with your ex and have sex you'll regret

:hmmyes: