Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cls: wife's pharmacy is closing mid-June and the shitheads in corporate still haven't broken the news to anyone in the store personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

agile sucks and I'm glad to be done with it for the time being

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I like how

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: considering a move downstate to get the gently caress away from the city. Found a house that's ~$60k less than ours is "zestimated" and we've got so much poo poo that needs to be fixed to sell this crap shack

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

oh man that reminded me that ribfest is coming back and I never been so excited to put so much meat in me. A couple years ago I caught the B-52s live and had awesome ribs

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

post hole digger posted:

god i need a new job.

You could be a film producer, OP

https://twitter.com/mattprigge/status/1135968584574885889

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

That one RC car we had when I was a kid that could flip over and keep driving because of the tires being bigger than the rig was phenomenal

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m useless after about 8am

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cls: looking at houses :ohdear:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: loving fixed someone else's code by re-writing it and giving them instructions on why they did it wrong only to get no response back. :sigh:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

rotor posted:

c rotor s: gave my cat a little salami, as a treat

I like to roll up salami slices and eat them like that and my dog caught me and got jealous and now welp he likes them that way too.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

saw a movie in the theater for the first time in three years and since it was almost empty it was very enjoyable :)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I ate so much smoked meat at my buddy’s place it was amazing.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Took the dog for a two mile walk around the neighborhood and drat near every yard had grills going and it smelled amazing.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I remember setting my AIM profile message to "BRB, tornado" in 2000

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

envious of the nap-takers.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i went to niagara falls for the first time this weekend. it was really cool

I really enjoyed the area even if it was a little touristy outside of the Falls.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

i hated my lovely education but I gotta hand it to the Illinois school system: they make those fat little piggies take gym class every year with very few exceptions

My fattest friend in HS walked the mandatory mile in 15 minutes and wore a tracksuit daily. Even the IL forced exercise couldn't help that dude.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

when you're dead I'm taking all your chicagotown pizzas

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

c life s I wish I could like what I make :smith:

I would like to be proud of anything I've done recently, or at all.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: the only other dev in my team is out the entire week and it's loaded me with so much work I don't even know where to start :cry:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

dioxazine posted:

the one thing i dearly wish north america had is night markets

You've never been to an all-night flea market? They're popular in the Midwest.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

dioxazine posted:

never seen one! i've only ever been to st. louis in the midwest and it was the most racist experience of my life

lmao I tried to smoke a joint in a hotel room in St. Louis and got busted for it within a minute of lighting that fucker.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I like one of my computers but none of the other ones.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

im not even joking at all when i say i love this poo poo tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iKjSCTxke8

You need to watch RRR so badly my dude.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

When I can't remember a password I think up new words that don't exist like glognorp and try to use them in future passwords.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I haven’t spoken to either of my parents in MONTHS and our relationship has never been better

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cls: we were looking at houses over the weekend and one of them had a koi pond and as I was in the back yard checking it out, I saw something bobbing in the water where the fish were hanging out. I couldn't quite make out what it was until I got close enough to see it was a small chipmunk drowning. I grabbed the little skimmer and scooped him out just in time. He shook on the ground for a few minutes while my wife and the realtor were on the other side of the back yard.
When they finally came over to me I was holding the little guy and making sure he was alright. :shobon:
We aren't going with that house though.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Fish is good I had fish on Friday and it was excellent.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I bought a house today and got so full of anxiety that I had to barf.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: the other dev is now leaving for a new gig and I'm getting slapped with demerits because all the work from the other two devs that left fell on my plate and I'm looking to maybe GTFO but I don't think I can change jobs while negotiating a mortgage on a new house :cry:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I was super-frugal growing up and having disposable income makes me feel really weird in stores sometimes.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I graduated HS ands worked three jobs while going to community college gently caress work and gently caress school.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Oh man first big concert I ever went to was TOOL and I paid $45 for balcony seats and after three or four songs Maynard took center stage and ranted for 30 minutes then the show ended.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: spent 9hrs working because I feel like if I don't overachieve they're going to shitcan me at a moment's notice and I've never hated my job more.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: made and drank an old fashioned while putting in my timesheets for the week. Work sucks gently caress work.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i have genuine unironic love for these Good Boys

RRR was so fuckin good I’m still thinking about it a week later.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Congrats on your new cats!
We have basically adopted this little thing that keeps showing up in our back\front yard and we named her Sweet Potato :3:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Mowed my sorry-rear end lawn yesterday and felt real good about it. Reviewing my work today and am disappointed in the few rooster tails I missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: power's been out all day and after 19hrs finally got restored. If the heat index wasn't 109°F I would have been much happier about this situation.