Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Kazinsal posted:

cops would just shoot the driver, the white guy has a trump hat on

Honestly, grounds for the driver to just run him over immediately, without any further provocation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
:hmmyes: that would be best

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i mean, do you wanna spend tenbux on getting to talk to an rear end in a top hat

Not when I live alone and can just talk to myself for free

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

tonight im going to try and make myself cry because i havent cried in too loving long even when ive wanted to

Hate that feeling. Almost as much as I hate crying!!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
@swolewoman is a good Instagram follow

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Achmed Jones posted:

wtf artichokes are pretty, look what happened to my side yard

A house in my neighborhood used to plant artichokes as a decorative border plant and let them bloom and I always wanted to sneak over under cover of darkness and steal them before they opened up so I could eat them

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You know what really super squats my gomads? Airline food!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

they also know i do drugs so if i don't tell them they'll probably assume im off to shoot up heroin under an overpass or something

I feel like Brits should call overpasses "uppy-downy cross-cross roads" or something

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
We've been right back

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

did you do that or do i need to hunt down and kill liquid hbag

I've got some bad news for you about which Enfant Terrible had the British accent

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

none of these words made sense in this sentence

"I've" is short for "I have" hth

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: The "lessons learned" meeting invitation for an application outage a while ago finally came in. The meeting is on June 16.

The outage was on March 20 lol

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

dioxazine posted:

nothing was learned, right?

My point in the meeting is that nothing should be learned, because the application is deprecated and its replacement is in beta, but we'll see how far I get with that. (My other points are going to be that a three-month delay between outage and lessons is absurd and that the original outage wasn't worth having anybody work on the weekend anyway.)

Edit: not getting sucked into yet another derail about the "the the the the" operator, goddamn

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

dioxazine posted:

this would also be a nothing was learned situation

it is kind of bizarre that there was a three month delay for the retro on a prod outage, but i've also had that happen and also had a prod outage never talked about after it was jerry rigged without a true fix

Another fun wrinkle is that the reason for the delay is because Lessons Learned meetings have a specific timeslot on Thursdays that nobody is allowed to schedule anything else into and, as a result, that one timeslot is vastly backlogged with Lessons that need to be Learned. And everybody is just…fine with this, I guess. (I will likely have words to say about this and everybody will just go, "Well, what're ya gonna do?" lol)

But yeah, I don't know how anybody who responded to the original outage (which does not include me, because I don't check work stuff on weekends lol) is expected to even remember what happened any more. Doubly so because the resolution was "restart it" and there really isn't much more to it.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

i am entirely motivated by my need to have a bigger rear end and flatter stomach so i guess find something like that

Just always walk backwards into every room

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Stay safe YOSghost

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Time for you to soft serve until you're dairy free lolol

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It looks like when Achmed gets a McFlurry

(j/k btw, looks tasty)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Tell them "it's this" and then flex

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Search thread for "the" for context

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: Apparently I need to re-learn how to talk so I stop feeling out-of-breath at the end of meetings

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

isn’t that usually indicative of asthma more than being a mouth breather

I think it's indicative of "I have nobody to talk to at home and forgot how to breathe during conversations"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: Just had to add trustServerCertificate=true to the end of a JDBC string because I guess something expired in the last couple of days. Nothing else seems to care, aside from my dev machine, fortunately.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Shaggar posted:

nned more and faster trains, imo

A rare swr from me

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm gonna take Amtrak overnight in a roomette to meet my family where Grandma's vacation house was so we can finally scatter her ashes, three years later. Trip is gonna own, but I'm gonna cross my fingers we're a few hours late so I don't have to wake somebody up to fetch me from the station at 5AM!!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

PokeJoe posted:

I can see a regional argument for dude being neutral but it's clearly a masculine term generally. Similarly I say "you guys" neutrally sometimes as a midwesterner but I don't argue with people who don't like it :shrug:

Two exes ago hated "you guys" and one ex ago hated any suggestion that "you guys" wasn't gender-neutral. I bet if I sat them in a room together, they would get in a fight about it. And then bond over laughing about my various body parts they remember.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
aww yea it's payday

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Hehehe

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

lol @ mum asking me out of loving nowhere "you wouldnt hurt yourself would you" and then wondering why i get pissed off about it because she does this all the time

My ex got a bunch of Mental Health Hotline magnets from somewhere and stuck them all over the fridge. I knew it was an "I love you and want you to remain alive" gesture, but still, lol

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Jonny 290 posted:

the rebuttal to everybody's "oh holky gently caress lawyer up" reaction is that i hope to keep this chill, but if needed, i will burn everything i've built to the foundations to fight it. it's a really difficult situation and i hate being in it

:sympathy: I hope your ex is reasonable and the situation resolves smoothly. I suppose it can't hurt to offer the easy plan first, without lawyering up.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I have a feeling that Tinder is going to show me like four single people my age within an hour's drive of my town and one of them is going to be my ex, one of them is going to be my ex's best friend, and the other two will be bots.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yay good job Jonny

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I went to a Hooters once in college and was unimpressed. Next time I'll order the wings omakase.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
People don't use "slake" enough imo

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I often wonder if that's how my death will be noticed

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: Microsoft is closing the loophole I use to check my email from Thunderbird without having to go through 2FA and I might quit over it :mad:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

The Fool posted:

id say don't be stupid but you've using thunderbird for who knows how long, so the horse is out on that one already

Listen, all change is bad, for any reason and in any magnitude. Everybody knows this.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I'm pretty sure mine will be noticed when I fall nude and screaming through a skylight

Hail Satan

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: Our weekly meeting with the laughable fifteen-minute time slot started with nine minutes of slowly polling everybody's ice cream preferences and ended with six minutes of Wordle, with four minutes in the middle that actually contained items from the agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

akadajet posted:

you work at a pre-school?

A university, so yes.