Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I had to turn auto-correct off entirely a few months ago, it's a poo poo show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

what in the sam hell is this sentence

(e) no really what the gently caress is 996 and touching fish supposed to loving mean

touching fish is slacking off

i think 996 is 9am to 9pm 6 days/week

its like you don't even read the thread man

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I saw nin at the gorge sharing a headline with janes addiction

it was my second best live music experience

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I was doing squats at the gym last week and the guy next to me was doing overhead lifts with the same weight

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

i mean im nonbinary (i think????) but idk if i want boobs

idk shits frustrating i don't like thinking about it

that's ok

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Stringent posted:

having a lol at ppl seeking fitness advice from yospos instead of ylls

it's not like they're going to listen anyway

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

history shows otherwise

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

This is incredibly clear. All of akadajet's statements on the subject today are correct.

I had to go back read the thread instead of skimming and yes, this

in fact, I don't even know how its a discussion in tyol 2022

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i'm making pancakes

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

akadajet posted:

yeah but we told you over several pages it doesn’t work that way lol

The Fool posted:

it's not like they're going to listen anyway

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

ive been feeling it more in the front of my thighs than my glutes so i might be doing these wrong

https://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BWSquat

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

You should only compare your numbers to own previous numbers and not worry about what other folks are doing

when running I would constantly look at ultra runners whose per mile pace in a 100 mile race was 2x faster than my pace in a 10k

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cjs: first 3 hours of my day are back to back meetings

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i guess masochism is a kink, i won’t shame

are you talking about running in general, or the comparing myself to professional athletes and self-flagellating when I don't measure up

it's probably both

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I started doing strong lifts back in january and have been pretty happy with it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

what happened to your walking regimen jonny

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

3/10

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

here's a chipmunk

that's a good dog

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

they're better off for not knowing

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

k8s is complicated, but it does solve a number of problems

it does have a bit of a "I have a hammer so everything is a nail" problem though

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

but I've got a k3s cluster at home now and the neat-o levels are off the charts, which is my main motivation for doing just about anything these days

convince me to run k3s instead of docker-compose for my home containers

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

it's a time honored tradition to ignore usernames and only distinguish between avs

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cjs: have to fly to hq at the end of july, first time meeting any of my coworkers in person

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

just use y'all jeeeeez

I also like folks

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

popular music peaked with the beatles.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

For "good music nobody can understand" I also like Tinariwen

Here's a song about navigating the desert with your camel, a fresh goatskin, and your buds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACZA9dGvV4

dioxazine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovXX8K8WXVg

my favourite tinariwen. didn't know anyone else had heard of them

this is some really good poo poo that I hadnt heard before, thank you

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bump_fn posted:

people from new england should absolutely not use y’all

counterpoint, they absolutely should

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

loaded tinariwen up on tidal and have been listening while working

every single track is a banger and Im loving it

leaving work early to take my son out to my parents so he can play with grandma while my dad and I clear some trees

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fart can you confirm the accuracy of this tweet

https://twitter.com/spark898/status/1532543456651919368?s=21&t=vtspLGCeDIbREn7Oh9w_FA

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

jfc, some of you need hobbies

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

cjs: having to learn and use regular expressions for the first time in my life and im sorry this is some black magic poo poo that's going to send me to hell for using

there is no universe where _.ADDRESS.str.replace((r"\A[A-Z]+([\d]+)[A-Z]?"), r"\1", regex=True) should mean a goddamn thing

I like to use regex101.com for writing and testing regexes, helps to be able to visualize whats happening and have a handy reference

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fart simpson posted:

there are 18 possible first moves for white and for each of those there are 18 possible responses by black, and the combinations explode from there. probably every possible set of the first 2-3 moves has some specific name but most of those are obviously garbage so they don’t get much deeper than that

out of the lines that are actually good, you can just go look up opening theory out to like 20+ moves deep and every top level player will be familiar with all of them. there’s really only a dozen or so basic opening lines that get any serious play, with lots of variations branching off from those that a normal person might only know if they take a specific interest in that opening

hikaru (one of the top players in the world, competing for the world championship this year) posted a video recently about what goes in to preparing for the candidates tournament that i thought was interesting. he talked about in 2016 he prepared a secret line that nobody knew, and played against one of his opponents to get a good position but it turned out his opponent had already memorized the entire thing to move 30 even though it hadn’t really been played in any real tournament before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q74rZjJNTGc

I don't know why you just re-wrote the tweet I posted

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

holy poo poo this is fantastic, thank you so much

it's worth noting that regex's should absolutely be a last resort, because famously, if you use a regex to solve a problem you now have two problems

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fart simpson posted:

im filling out the details

I'm just making jokes, but do actually appreciate the time you took to fill in the details

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I battered and deep fried halibut last night, and my wife did a whipped honey butter, it was fantastic

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c weightlifting s: hit 100lb 5x5 bench press today

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

post through it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I believe in you

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

cjs somehow the team with the jankiest deployment and versioning process I’ve ever been on…has been at el goog

this really shouldn't be surprising to anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

CPColin posted:

cjs: Microsoft is closing the loophole I use to check my email from Thunderbird without having to go through 2FA and I might quit over it :mad:

id say don't be stupid but you've using thunderbird for who knows how long, so the horse is out on that one already